User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Venezuela

  1. #21
    Eclectic Conservative Forum Donor
    Overall activity: 25.0%

    BobJam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Arizona, USA
    Posts
    508
    Thanks
    1,159
    Thanked: 524
    Rep Power
    5177569
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    It depends om the degree of it and on the type of government used to enforce the socialist policy
    @Jeffrey

    At what ". . . degree of . . . " socialism would you consider socialism a failure? Below what ". . . degree of . . ." socialism would you consider socialism a success? IOW, where is that threshold above which socialism DOESN'T work, and where is that threshold below which socialism DOES work? What is the reason you have chosen that threshold?

    Likewise, what type(s) of government would be successful in "enforcing socialist policy", and what type(s) of government would fail at "enforcing socialist policy"? Why would those types of governments succeed or fail in doing that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    The UK is a form of democratic socialism where the people can vote their preference
    Would you define what you mean by the phrase "democratic socialism"? IN YOUR OWN WORDS.

    Please DON'T just reproduce the University of Google or the Wiki definition. Describe it in your own words.

    The reason I ask this is because the formal definion is all over the map, much like definitions of "conservative" or "liberal".

    Your statement is meaningless until you describe WHICH flavor of "democratic socialism" you mean.

    For example, some forms of democratic socialism deny capitalism.

    Plus, HOW is a parliamentary system of government (the U.K.) a democratic socialist form of government?

    And if you're going to cite the SINGLE and narrow circumstance of socialized medicine as the basis upon which you're calling the U.K. system of government a democratic socialist form of government, that ain't going to get it.

    Why? Because a SYSTEM is much broader then a single solitary circumstance ALONE. Tell us why the U.K. has a democratic socialist SYSTEM.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    My wife and I know two couples from the UK and they seem to be contented
    That's your sample . . . "two couples"? You're basing your conclusion on those two data points? Your basing your conclusion on that anecdote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Socialist practices in the US include the VA healthcare system
    Why is it socialist? (I'm not saying it is or it isn't . . . I just want to know why you think it is.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    and public school systems
    Same question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    I think the school systems are doing ok
    This is huge. Please tell us why you think the "school systems are doing ok".

    For example, how do U.S. students compare to students in other countries, say, in math and science?

    If you say they are in the top tier, what is your evidence for that?

    In what subjects have U.S. students improved beyond, say, what U.S. students in the 1950's and 1960's demonstrated?

    If you say they have improved, what is your evidence for that?

    What measurements, specifically, are you using that show "school systems are doing ok"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    but the VA system is a waste of tax dollars
    Do you think our veterans should receive medical care via a system specifically designed for them, especially those that have been disabled in the service of the country?

    Would you replace the VA system with something else? What, specifically?

    Or would you repair the existing system? How, specifically?

    Or, since you say it is a "waste", would you scrap it completely, and leave veterans to find care on their own hook?
    BJ

    Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics.



  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BobJam For This Useful Post:

    Big Dummy (06-11-2017),Classical_Teacher (06-10-2017),JMWinPR (06-11-2017),patrickt (06-11-2017)

  3. #22
    Proud Mackerel Snapper
    Overall activity: 0%

    Classical_Teacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    500
    Thanked: 251
    Rep Power
    3178075
    Quote Originally Posted by BobJam View Post
    @Jeffrey

    At what ". . . degree of . . . " socialism would you consider socialism a failure? Below what ". . . degree of . . ." socialism would you consider socialism a success? IOW, where is that threshold above which socialism DOESN'T work, and where is that threshold below which socialism DOES work? What is the reason you have chosen that threshold?

    Likewise, what type(s) of government would be successful in "enforcing socialist policy", and what type(s) of government would fail at "enforcing socialist policy"? Why would those types of governments succeed or fail in doing that?

    Would you define what you mean by the phrase "democratic socialism"? IN YOUR OWN WORDS.

    Please DON'T just reproduce the University of Google or the Wiki definition. Describe it in your own words.

    The reason I ask this is because the formal definion is all over the map, much like definitions of "conservative" or "liberal".

    Your statement is meaningless until you describe WHICH flavor of "democratic socialism" you mean.

    For example, some forms of democratic socialism deny capitalism.

    Plus, HOW is a parliamentary system of government (the U.K.) a democratic socialist form of government?

    And if you're going to cite the SINGLE and narrow circumstance of socialized medicine as the basis upon which you're calling the U.K. system of government a democratic socialist form of government, that ain't going to get it.

    Why? Because a SYSTEM is much broader then a single solitary circumstance ALONE. Tell us why the U.K. has a democratic socialist SYSTEM.


    That's your sample . . . "two couples"? You're basing your conclusion on those two data points? Your basing your conclusion on that anecdote?

    Why is it socialist? (I'm not saying it is or it isn't . . . I just want to know why you think it is.)

    Same question.

    This is huge. Please tell us why you think the "school systems are doing ok".

    For example, how do U.S. students compare to students in other countries, say, in math and science?

    If you say they are in the top tier, what is your evidence for that?

    In what subjects have U.S. students improved beyond, say, what U.S. students in the 1950's and 1960's demonstrated?

    If you say they have improved, what is your evidence for that?

    What measurements, specifically, are you using that show "school systems are doing ok"?

    Do you think our veterans should receive medical care via a system specifically designed for them, especially those that have been disabled in the service of the country?

    Would you replace the VA system with something else? What, specifically?

    Or would you repair the existing system? How, specifically?

    Or, since you say it is a "waste", would you scrap it completely, and leave veterans to find care on their own hook?
    Democratic socialism is a myth. Socialism is just a rung up the ladder of communism. Democratic socialism is a term coined in our think-tanks in every college and university today.

    My brother-in-law is British. His parents both died waiting for medical procedures. His father had prostate cancer and his mother had a bad heart. Both of them died unnecessarily because they were on a waiting list for the medical procedures which would have saved their lives. That's what socialized medicine does. It is the same all over Europe. My sister was ooooing and ahhhing because when she was in Spain last year, she got sick with something and wound up at a clinic. They gave her a bottle of wine when she left. What hospital/clinic gives out bottles of wine?? What is the purpose of such a ridiculous act?

    Socialized ANYTHING is bound to fail. But, you can't get that through the cement heads coming out of high school and college. They've been spoon-fed this "pablum/poison" for so long that they don't know anything else.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Classical_Teacher For This Useful Post:

    Big Dummy (06-11-2017),JMWinPR (06-11-2017)

  5. #23
    Eclectic Conservative Forum Donor
    Overall activity: 25.0%

    BobJam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Arizona, USA
    Posts
    508
    Thanks
    1,159
    Thanked: 524
    Rep Power
    5177569
    Quote Originally Posted by Classical_Teacher View Post
    But, you can't get that through the cement heads
    "Cement heads" . . .

    Kewl . . . I like it.

    You come up with some pretty neat terms (e.g. "stoopid", and this one here.)

    My compliments.
    BJ

    Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics.



  6. The Following User Says Thank You to BobJam For This Useful Post:

    Classical_Teacher (06-11-2017)

  7. #24
    Proud Mackerel Snapper
    Overall activity: 0%

    Classical_Teacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    500
    Thanked: 251
    Rep Power
    3178075
    Quote Originally Posted by BobJam View Post
    "Cement heads" . . .

    Kewl . . . I like it.

    You come up with some pretty neat terms (e.g. "stoopid", and this one here.)

    My compliments.
    A girl does what she can. Sometimes, things are so out of whack that all you can do is make up words to describe it.

  8. #25
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 64.0%

    patrickt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Oaxaca, Mexico, for almost twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Posts
    20,141
    Thanks
    1,988
    Thanked: 10,586
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    I wonder, why doesn't the US stick its nose into SA affairs. It doesn't mind interfering with other countries.
    And Venezuela has oil? Bush would have been on that like flies on stink.
    The U.S. helped make the mess. President Obama was a good friend to Hugo Chavez. When Hugo Chavez's puppet in Honduras, Zelaya, failed in his attempted coup President Obama couldn't wait to help Chavez and Zelaya.

    President Obama supported anyone who hated America but had a preference for socialist/communist dictators.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

    Classical_Teacher (06-12-2017)

  10. #26
    Proud Mackerel Snapper
    Overall activity: 0%

    Classical_Teacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    500
    Thanked: 251
    Rep Power
    3178075
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    The U.S. helped make the mess. President Obama was a good friend to Hugo Chavez. When Hugo Chavez's puppet in Honduras, Zelaya, failed in his attempted coup President Obama couldn't wait to help Chavez and Zelaya.

    President Obama supported anyone who hated America but had a preference for socialist/communist dictators.
    You are spot-on. BO was friends with anyone who hates America and American values. He made it no big secret either. And, we know what Muffulatta thought about America.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •