User Tag List

Page 1 of 26 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump is a War Criminal

Enemy Of The State
    Overall activity: 92.0%

Thanks

Trump is a War Criminal

President Trump took unilateral military action against the sovereign foreign country of Syria by launching 59 Tomahawk missiles without the approval of Congress. Syria was/is not attacking the US, nor does Syria pose an imminent threat to the US.

Article 1, Section 8 of the US Constitution states...

The Congress shall have power to... To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;

Article 2, Section 2 states...

The President shall be commander in chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the militia of the several states, when called into the actual service of the United States;

Some state that the War Powers Act allows the President the authority to attack other countries without the approval of Congress, but can't seem to be able to post the text.

So I will...

50 U.S. Code 1541 - Purpose and policy

(a) Congressional declaration It is the purpose of this chapter to fulfill the intent of the framers of the Constitution of the United States and insure that the collective judgment of both the Congress and the President will apply to the introduction of United States Armed Forces into hostilities, or into situations where imminent involvement in hostilities is clearly indicated by the circumstances, and to the continued use of such forces in hostilities or in such situations.

(b) Congressional legislative power under necessary and proper clause Under article I, section 8, of the Constitution, it is specifically provided that the Congress shall have the power to make all laws necessary and proper for carrying into execution, not only its own powers but also all other powers vested by the Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any department or officer thereof.

(c) Presidential executive power as Commander-in-Chief; limitation The constitutional powers of the President as Commander-in-Chief to introduce United States Armed Forces into hostilities, or into situations where imminent involvement in hostilities is clearly indicated by the circumstances, are exercised only pursuant to (1) a declaration of war, (2) specific statutory authorization, or (3) a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces.

(Pub. L. 93148,  2, Nov. 7, 1973, 87 Stat. 555.)

50 U.S. Code 1542 - Consultation; initial and regular consultations

The President in every possible instance shall consult with Congress before introducing United States Armed Forces into hostilities or into situations where imminent involvement in hostilities is clearly indicated by the circumstances, and after every such introduction shall consult regularly with the Congress until United States Armed Forces are no longer engaged in hostilities or have been removed from such situations.

(Pub. L. 93148,  3, Nov. 7, 1973, 87 Stat. 555.)

50 U.S. Code § 1541 - Purpose and policy | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

Trump is a war criminal.
    "First they ignore you, then they mock you, then they fight you... then you win"

-Somebody

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hoytmonger For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (04-21-2017)

Alumni Member V.I.P
    Overall activity: 26.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    This is disassociated from reality. He's got 90 days to do "whatever". But, by all means...continue expressing your hatred for the President.
    Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

JustPassinThru (04-21-2017),KSigMason (04-21-2017)

Enemy Of The State

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    This is disassociated from reality. He's got 90 days to do "whatever". But, by all means...continue expressing your hatred for the President.
    I don't know what tyranny you're thinking of, but it's not the US.

There's no law that allows Trump to attack a sovereign foreign country without congressional approval.
    "First they ignore you, then they mock you, then they fight you... then you win"

-Somebody

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hoytmonger For This Useful Post:

Weird Muslim Fixation
    Overall activity: 99.9%

Thanks
    I see that the OP conveniently left out the part that allows action so long as the Speaker of the House and Senator pro Tem are notified within 48 hours.

Doing so would mess up his narrative.
    "Some call it Marxism. I call it Judaism."
    - Rabbi Stephen Wise

"Posse up!" - "Posse on Broadway", Sir Mix-A-Lot

"Ordinarily he was insane, but he had lucid moments when he was merely stupid."
    - Heinrich Heine

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."
    - Mark Twain

"I'd crash my mom to win my first race."
    - Mike Skinner

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Midgardian For This Useful Post:

BobJam (04-21-2017),KSigMason (04-21-2017),Northern Rivers (04-21-2017),Old Ridge Runner (04-22-2017)

Weird Muslim Fixation

Thanks
    @hoytmonger, it is one thing to make a normative argument, as did I in my thread about the airstrike, that the attack should not have been ordered.

You would be on solid ground there.

The reason you at on shaky ground here is because you don't understand the applicable law or are taking the laws out of context.
    - Rabbi Stephen Wise

- Heinrich Heine

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."
    - Mark Twain

- Mike Skinner

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Midgardian For This Useful Post:

Old Ridge Runner (04-22-2017)

Games People Play
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    And so, you would like the damn-fool Congress to fiddly-fuck around while over in Syria, crimes against humanity using WMDs are going on.

And at some future point, soon, we can play the same game of Congressional fuck-fuck, while the fat inbred in Nork launches ICBMs at Los Angeles.

Whether or not you know it, you're exposing yourself and your movement as a TOOL of those who want the United States, and responsible Western government...completely destroyed.

The Constitution is not a suicide pact.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

Old Ridge Runner (04-22-2017)

Enemy Of The State

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Midgardian View Post
    I see that the OP conveniently left out the part that allows action so long as the Speaker of the House and Senator pro Tem are notified within 48 hours.

Doing so would mess up his narrative.
    I could've posted the entire law and taken up space or just include the link as I did.

But since you mentioned informing the Speaker...

(a) Written report; time of submission; circumstances necessitating submission; information reportedIn the absence of a declaration of war, in any case in which United States Armed Forces are introduced— (1) into hostilities or into situations where imminent involvement in hostilities is clearly indicated by the circumstances;

(2) into the territory, airspace or waters of a foreign nation, while equipped for combat, except for deployments which relate solely to supply, replacement, repair, or training of such forces; or

(3) in numbers which substantially enlarge United States Armed Forces equipped for combat already located in a foreign nation;

the President shall submit within 48 hours to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and to the President pro tempore of the Senate a report, in writing, setting forth—
    (A) the circumstances necessitating the introduction of United States Armed Forces;

(B) the constitutional and legislative authority under which such introduction took place; and

(C) the estimated scope and duration of the hostilities or involvement.
    Trump had no constitutional or legislative authority.

Nor was one given in the report...

Cookies are Not Accepted - New York Times

-Somebody

14. The Following User Says Thank You to hoytmonger For This Useful Post:

Enemy Of The State

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    And so, you would like the damn-fool Congress to fiddly-fuck around while over in Syria, crimes against humanity using WMDs are going on.

And at some future point, soon, we can play the same game of Congressional fuck-fuck, while the fat inbred in Nork launches ICBMs at Los Angeles.

Whether or not you know it, you're exposing yourself and your movement as a TOOL of those who want the United States, and responsible Western government...completely destroyed.

The Constitution is not a suicide pact.
    So much hyperbole.

The US has no national interests in either Syria or NK... and neither pose an imminent threat to the US. Besides, the Syrian government didn't use chemical weapons... there's no evidence that chemical weapons were even used at all.

I suppose adherence to the Constitution only applies to the second amendment for the (R) team.

-Somebody

16. The Following User Says Thank You to hoytmonger For This Useful Post:

Weird Muslim Fixation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hoytmonger View Post
    Trump had no constitutional or legislative authority.
    Sure he did, he is the Commander in Chief.
    - Rabbi Stephen Wise

- Heinrich Heine

- Mark Twain

- Mike Skinner

Weird Muslim Fixation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hoytmonger View Post
    So much hyperbole.

The US has no national interests in either Syria or NK... and neither pose an imminent threat to the US. Besides, the Syrian government didn't use chemical weapons... there's no evidence that chemical weapons were even used at all.
    Now you are talking my language.

You are correct that the president should not have attacked, but to claim that the attack was illegal is just silly, not to mention wrong.
    - Rabbi Stephen Wise

- Heinrich Heine

- Mark Twain

- Mike Skinner

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Midgardian For This Useful Post:

Northern Rivers (04-21-2017)

Thread Information