User Tag List

Thread: Making fire with your shoes

Senior Member V.I.P
    Overall activity: 93.0%

Thanks

Making fire with your shoes

Prepping should start with the things you have the most control over. What you are wearing. The Brit that walked around the would had an extensive hidden kit in all his clothes for the south and Central American portions. The Law is more bandito than the banditos . When backpacking you prepare every bit of kit. Clothes are the most important when the climate can kill so easily. So to go into EDC shoes makes as much sense as EDC knife, light, gun, coffee cup, belt , purse ect. Maybe these shoes are even good for backpacking ultralight or if SHTF.

DIY
    Last edited by Big Dummy; 04-18-2017 at 10:33 PM.
    "The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history." George Orwelll

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big Dummy For This Useful Post:

Rickity Plumber (04-19-2017),Rutabaga (04-18-2017)

Alumni Member V.I.P
    Overall activity: 22.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dummy View Post
    Prepping should start with the things you have the most control over. What you are wearing. The Brit that walked around the would had an extensive hidden kit in all his clothes for the south and Central American portions. The Law is more bandito than the banditos . When backpacking you prepare every bit of kit. Clothes are the most important when the climate can kill so easily. So to go into EDC shoes makes as much sense as EDC knife, light, gun, coffee cup, belt , purse ect. Maybe these shoes are even good for backpacking ultralight or if SHTF.

DIY
    That 550 didn't have the ends of the laces like the first pair? There's nothing in 550. Did he stash it in there? What???
    If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

Senior Member V.I.P

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    That 550 didn't have the ends of the laces like the first pair? There's nothing in 550. Did he stash it in there? What???
    Yes he stashed it. Vid 2 was the Do It Yourself version. Broken razor in the arch. Opened up the 550 cord and cut the inner threads enough to slip a ferro rod in. The he put an end piece on the 550 lace to hold it in. A small rubber o-ring would work, or a duct tape tube. Even slip it in far enough to go past the knot. The whole concept of E&E clothing is about getting creative.
    "The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history." George Orwelll

Senior Member V.I.P

Thanks

pocossin
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dummy View Post
    Prepping should start with the things you have the most control over.
    Get practical, or kiss. Start fires with matches. I store enough matches for several years in canning jars. When my sister needs a box of matches, she comes to me. When I encounter a moisture absorbing packet, I drop it in my matches jar. I live in a hurricane alley, where the electric power is sure to fail, and being able to start a fire is critical.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Thomas HoodIII For This Useful Post:

sooda (04-22-2017)

Thread Information