User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: SHTF for Lois Lerner/she demands secret deposition.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 76.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Trying to impeach Obama would have been a fool's errand, as noted. The Dem's wouldn't support it enough, and the Press would not have either. Whether he deserved it or not would not matter. It would have spent enormous political capital to achieve virtually nothing.
    While having principles, and standing by them, is a good thing; idealism is for the young and the Democrats.

...oh, and world peace.
    I've only had two beers in dog years.I've only had two beers in dog years.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

I've only had two beers in dog years.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 2cent For This Useful Post:

Eighty Deuce (04-16-2017)

Overall activity: 64.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for almost twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cent View Post
    While having principles, and standing by them, is a good thing; idealism is for the young and the Democrats.

...oh, and world peace.
    Democrats and Idealism? The Party of Anything Goes, the Party of Harry Reid saying, "He lost, didn't he?" Idealism for the party who when they lose and election send idiots into the streets to take the presidency. Sorry, I see no idealism in the Democrat Party. I see hatred, lying, and the intent to destroy America. They're cockroaches.

Overall activity: 76.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    Democrats and Idealism? The Party of Anything Goes, the Party of Harry Reid saying, "He lost, didn't he?" Idealism for the party who when they lose and election send idiots into the streets to take the presidency. Sorry, I see no idealism in the Democrat Party. I see hatred, lying, and the intent to destroy America. They're cockroaches.
    I was referring to the voters; not the politicians. Dumb as a box of rocks, as they keep believing that Dems will create utopia.
    I've only had two beers in dog years.I've only had two beers in dog years.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

I've only had two beers in dog years.

Alumni Member
    Overall activity: 49.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurmugeon View Post
    This is retail politics, not a street fight!

In politics, getting a large number, roughly 50%, of the elected officials, the majority of the GOP, and a few Dems with integrity, to stand and declare a Rogue President's actions as Illegal and Unconstitutional... IS WINNING!

Whether it results in a Guilty conviction or not, just the process, news reporting, Questions raised in the minds of common voters, and official records created on the subject, is a significant POLITICAL victory in itself!

Nixon was never Convicted and sent prison, yet what happened to him was a Huge Political Defeat for both President Nixon personally, and for his political party!

The "Process Event" is the Victory, not the court Virdict!

That is the "Art" of Politics that the Lefties seem to understand, but the GOP does not!

-
    50-50 or 66-34 is a dumb ass LOSS. To think otherwise is to be a Democrat. They have 100 excuses why clinton won by losing.

Do not try to out crazy the totally insane.

An impeachment idiocy against obama, could well have clinton in the WH and a Democrat majority in both the House and the Senate.

That would be the result of your lunatic impeachment fantasy.

HAD there been a possibility of having the 67 votes to put obama on the street, I WOULD HAVE BEEN ALL FOR IT!

But the attempt would have been a 100% dead solid lock LOSS!!!!!!!

111th Congress 2009-2011 59 Democrats, 41 Republicans.

112th Congress 2011-2013 55 Democrats, 45 Republicans.

113th Congress 2013-2015 55 Democrats, 45 Republicans.

114th Congress 2015-2017 46 Democrats, 54 Republicans.

54 is 13 votes short of 67. Do you SERIOUSLY believe that 13 Democrats were going to vote against obama????????????

Do you SERIOUSLY believe 2 Democrats would vote against obama?

When the ACA was being passed, EVERY DEMOCRAT THAT HESITATED IS NOW OUT OF OFFICE. Democrats PURGED every Democrat that questioned the ACA passage.

Losing ALWAYS, no exceptions, damages the loser and helps the winner. True of every phase of life!

"and a few Dems with integrity," WHAT the hell are you smoking? ONE Dem with integrity is dreaming.
    #BlackLIESMatter---Martin Luther King Jr. was a REPUBLICAN!

I VOTED FOR THE PRESIDENT!

Political Correctness is HATE SPEECH!

THE GREATEST DANGER TO THE USA IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

Overall activity: 26.0%

Thanks

Lois Lerner Demands Secrecy In Tea Party Testimony

Merge @Rickity Plumber

Yeah, I know why she wants this kept out of the public's eye . . . She is guilty as hell and she will most likely incriminate herself. Stupid hag.

Rick Moran
    April 15, 2017

The IRS manager most directly responsible for the targeting of tea party groups has demanded that her deposition for an upcoming class action lawsuit related to the scandal be kept secret.

Lois Lerner, former head of the tax exempt department at the IRS, claims that she has received death threats in the past and fears that publicity surrounding her deposition will lead to similar threats.

Washington Times:
    Mr. Lerner and Holly Paz, another figure from the IRS tea party targeting, told the judge they’ve already faced “harassment and death threats” before, and said they fear another media firestorm if their version of events from the tea party targeting were to become public.

The two women said they are willing to testify, but said they could be putting “their lives in serious jeopardy.”

“Mss. Lerner and Paz have demonstrated that the public dissemination of their deposition testimony would expose them and their families to harassment and a credible risk of violence and physical harm,” they said in documents submitted by their lawyer to Judge Michael R. Barrett.

The two women submitted secret evidence to the judge that they said backed up the death threat claim. They said the threats they’ve already gotten contained “graphic, profane and disturbing language” that they said has caused them embarrassment.

The groups suing the IRS in the class action lawsuit have objected to the secrecy order, leaving the matter to Judge Barrett to decide.

Both Ms. Lerner and Ms. Paz are among the IRS figures who’ve been ordered to be deposed in the class action lawsuit. Ms. Paz already gave one deposition in the case in 2015.

The women want that past deposition and their future testimony to remain hidden from the public and only available to the lawyers involved in the case. They asked that the seal be permanent.

Ms. Lerner has refused to talk in public about her role in the targeting, famously engaging in a showdown with the House Oversight Committee after she appeared, delivered a statement of innocence and then balked at answering any questions.

The House eventually voted to hold her in contempt, but an Obama administration prosecutor – acting just hours before his resignation became effective – announced the Justice Department wouldn’t pursue the case.

The Justice Department also cleared Ms. Lerner in a criminal investigation, saying she was one of the first in the IRS to realize they were acting wrongly, and took steps to clean up the mess.

In other words, she realized the scandal was about to become public and tried to minimize the damage and her role in it.

House Republicans sent a letter earlier this week to the Justice Department asking that Lerner be investigated for her role in the targeting. She was perfectly willing to answer questions from Eric Holder's DoJ but somehow, the cat got her tongue when she appeared before the House oversight committee and pled the 5th.

There can be no greater transgression against individual liberty and our political system than a president who uses the IRS for partisan political purposes. The people have a right to an explanation for the targeting. The judge should totally reject Lerner's request and immediately release any previous testimony she has made.

Blog: Lois Lerner demands secrecy in tea party targeting lawsuit testimony
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 04-16-2017 at 07:55 PM.
    Originally Posted by sooda
    "You are an internet expert, Rickety".

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rickity Plumber For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (04-17-2017),Conservative Libertarian (04-16-2017)

Alumni Member

Thanks
    Under oath Lerner made a statement that she had done nothing illegal and then invoked the 5th.

That does not compute. And might void her 5th amendment rights.

Overall activity: 26.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan40 View Post
    Under oath Lerner made a statement that she had done nothing illegal and then invoked the 5th.

That does not compute. And might void her 5th amendment rights.
    Last edited by Rickity Plumber; 04-16-2017 at 07:35 PM.
    Originally Posted by sooda
    "You are an internet expert, Rickety".

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rickity Plumber For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (04-17-2017)

Alumni Member

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickity Plumber View Post
    Some legal eagles at the time she declared innocence and then took the 5th said she could NOT do that. But naturally, the obama administration AG did not pursue it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dan40 For This Useful Post:

Rickity Plumber (04-17-2017)

Overall activity: 64.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for almost twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The guilty always want secrecy.

Games People Play V.I.P
    Overall activity: 91.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by East of the Beast View Post
    Are the R's finally growing a pair?
    I think it's all for show.

Watch a Fuddrel kangaroo spring these people.

...yes, I'm a cynic. I think I have reason to be.

Thread Information