Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Overall activity: 99.4%

Thanks

A Catholic College Disses Crusaders

March 19, 2017

A Catholic College Disses Crusaders

By Kathy Brown
    In 1993 I was studying law at Cambridge University in England. Of course, we visited the Inns of Court in London, power-central for British jurisprudence. At lunchtime, a bit heady from the obligatory sherry-for-ladies-pre-prandial, I wandered a bit and came upon, of all things, the sepulcher of a Crusader.

I knew what it was immediately. I am Catholic, and although quite unregenerate at that time, still, the old stories and pictures were there. Besides, you couldn't mistake it; the period was right: a knight in stone effigy, on the grave, decked out in the very latest warrior garb of the (circa 1100 AD) time; and anyway, the knight still clutched, in death, his shield across his chest, emblazoned upon which was that big, red Cross.

Of a sudden the din of outside London was stilled. This place was holy, myself notwithstanding; and I knew "holy" because I'd just visited Rome over our class break and, there, I had visited the Catacombs. The Catacombs are “holy” whether you want them to be or not.

And so was the grave of this knight, killed fighting the Saracen hordes all those centuries ago. I surprised myself by instinctively doing something I hadn't done for years. I knelt at this man's gravesite and, from the depths, quite unbidden, came a prayer: “Make me courageous, like you.”

Last week, Alvernia University, an ostensibly Catholic university in Reading, Pennsylvania, announced it had scuttled its teams’ “Crusader” mascot and removed the name and image of “Crusaders” from its various team and university logos. More than just the most recent casualty in the Islamic war against the West, this strikes at the very heart of Judeo-Christian culture, namely, the Crusaders!

It is not too much to say that, but for those real “holy warriors”, the West would not be the West, and indeed we'd all be chanting Allahu Akhbar five times a day with our rumps in the air and all the (genitally mutilated) women at the back of the bus. Sorry, I meant the mosque.

Yes, Alvernia U. this week distinguished itself from the ranks of your everyday, run-of-the-mill quislings and topped the charts. Caving in to pressure from the Muslim Students’ Association (part and parcel of the Muslim Brotherhood), Alvernia removed all references to the name and image of a “Crusader”. The replacement has yet to appear, but we may all rest assured that it will be something “diverse”, something “inclusive”, and above all something not “troublesome” or “offensive” (which was how the Crusader mascot/logo was characterized by Alvernia’s officials, for whom the great courage of those knightly Crusaders might as well be entombed with their bones). Of course, the replacement won't include any “Catholic” names. Or “Christian”, or “Jewish.” No saints need apply, and as for anything even vaguely smacking of “whiteness”, well...!

Actually, unless the new mascot/logo is deemed acceptable and approved by the Muslim/LGBT/illegal alien/BlackLivesMatter masters of the universe there at Alvernia U., it'll never see the light of day. They’d much rather diss the Crusaders than The Religion of Peace™.

The dysfunctional family that is Islam has a need to be engaged in perpetual warfare. And it isn't just the jihad doctrine either. Harking back to my pre-law days as a Psych Nurse, I saw this sort of pathology play out over and over, ad infinitum, ad tedium, ad nauseam. Dysfunctional families never have a normal sense of belonging, of closeness, of bond. But they still crave it. And the one time they do achieve it is when they are threatened from the outside, even if that threat has to be manufactured. Only then can these “families” feel themselves to be, well, a “family” at all.

So on they go. A kid is arrested? Bonding! Dad's in the slammer? Feel the love! The one and only time you see these units as a whole is invariably in the courtroom where -- notwithstanding all the tats and the sagging trousers -- they're aglow with family feeling. Which vanishes immediately the kid gets his case dismissed, or dear old Dad is released on time-served.

Islam won't stop attacking, and when those attacks (like, say, an invasion of Europe) elicit protective reactions (like, say, the Crusades), those reactions are characterized as unprovoked attacks driven by Islamophobia. But We-The-Peopletook a giant step towards non-facilitation of their attacks when we lately defied both political parties, all of the media and all the odds and elected Donaldus Magnus as president. Newsflash, Alvernia U: We've already established that you're not Catholic. But you're still American. Oh, wait. Are you?

Kathy Brown, Esq. is an attorney and a nurse, and in addition currently teaches American History at a Catholic school. She’s a native of NYC who now makes her home in the American Heartland.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/artic...#ixzz4buFccz3y
    Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
    Last edited by HawkTheSlayer; 03-20-2017 at 05:07 PM.
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

Daily Bread (03-20-2017),Jim Scott (03-20-2017),JMWinPR (03-20-2017),potlatch (03-20-2017),Quark (03-20-2017)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 63.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Can't offend the Muslim's obviously!

More History being scrubbed..............
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (03-20-2017),potlatch (03-20-2017),Quark (03-20-2017)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 63.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries

A proper banner!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

Deno (03-20-2017),Quark (03-20-2017),valley ranch (03-20-2017)

V.I.P. V.I.P
    Overall activity: 30.0%

Thanks
    Academia is an easy mark for the Islamic 'police' to intimidate into obsequious agreement to ditch the 'Crusader' references, logos, etc. from the Pennsylvania Catholic university. This will not be the last time perpetually offended Muslim students find a way to make college administrators bow to their otherwise ridiculous demands.

Of course, the question looms unasked and thus unanswered: why does a Muslim want to attend a Catholic university and why does he or she assume their religious sensibilities must be catered to?

Jim
    Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.” - William F. Buckley, Jr.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jim Scott For This Useful Post:

Daily Bread (03-20-2017),Deno (03-20-2017),HawkTheSlayer (03-20-2017),potlatch (03-20-2017),Quark (03-20-2017),valley ranch (03-20-2017)

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Overall activity: 99.4%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Scott View Post
    Academia is an easy mark for the Islamic 'police' to intimidate into obsequious agreement to ditch the 'Crusader' references, logos, etc. from the Pennsylvania Catholic university. This will not be the last time perpetually offended Muslim students find a way to make college administrators bow to their otherwise ridiculous demands.

Of course, the question looms unasked and thus unanswered: why does a Muslim want to attend a Catholic university and why does he or she assume their religious sensibilities must be catered to?

Jim
    Yes sir. My thoughts, exactly.
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

Jim Scott (03-21-2017),valley ranch (03-20-2017)

V.I.P. V.I.P
    Overall activity: 43.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Scott View Post

Jim
    Many, if not all, of the Islamic children in my city attend the prestigious Catholic High School. Most of their fathers are local doctors. The religious schools almost always give students a better education, I think that's a well known fact but most parents can't afford the tuition.

Since my children and all of my friend's children are long grown, I have no knowledge of how these muslim children handle the Christian aspects of going to a Catholic school. There has never, ever, been any mention of a problem at the school.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (03-20-2017),Quark (03-20-2017),valley ranch (03-20-2017)

Overall activity: 18.0%

Thanks
    The Crusaders were some badddd mamma jammas.

The rag heads are still pissed about that ass whipping...

Once again it's time to go medieval on their ass's......

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deno For This Useful Post:

Quark (03-20-2017),valley ranch (03-20-2017)

Overall activity: 0%

Ranch in California Mountains & Nevada high desert
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Crusaders, Azbed (the Armenian for Knight) are and were The Soldiers Of Christ. We the first Christian Nation, never left our our Ancestral Homeland, eventually engulfed by the Muslim Turks.

The Crusades were welcome as our Christian Brothers came they joined us~we joined them and took to fight to the Turk.

The Crusades took place during the period 1096-1291, and military expeditions were undertaken to recover the Holy Land from the Muslims. During the two-century period eight main Crusades ventured into the Middle East to fight of the yoke that the Seljuk Turks harnessed on Christians who attempted to visit the birthplace of Christianity. The Seljuk Turks, who occupied the region in the eleventh century, imposed all kinds of restrictions and persecutions on the Christians who lived in the area. In 1095 the Byzantine emperor, Alexius Comnenus, appealed to Pope Urban II for assistance against the Turks. The Pope preached for a holy war, or a crusade, and Europe responded with several different armies.

Armenia acknowledged the Crusaders with full support. Cilician Armenia, or Lesser Armenia as some historians referenced the region, had formed principalities in Cilicia after Armenia proper had fallen to the wrath of the Seljuk onslaughts. From 1080 Armenian Princes from the Rupenian, Oskinian, and other families established small enclaves within the protective mountain ranges that surrounded Cilicia on three sides and the Mediterranean Sea to the South. In time the area became a stronghold of Armenians led by the Bagratid Armenian Prince Ruben.

When the first Crusaders arrived in Cilicia, they were graciously and pleasantly surprised by the strong Christian principality. The Armenians were generous supporters of the Crusaders and did whatever they could to help the ˇ§soldiers of Christˇ¨ free the Holy Land.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The First Crusade (1096-1099) - The first Crusade made up of several European armies captured Nicaea (1097), Antioch (1098), and Jerusalem (1099). The Crusades established three principalities, Antioch, Edessa, and Tripoli and the Kingdom of Jerusalum. Armenians provided significant provisions and military equipment to the first Crusade, especially in the siege of Antioch.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The Second Crusade (1147-1149) - The second Crusade formed due to the persistent attack by the Muslims and the recapture of Edessa (1144). However, instead of attacking the Muslim power (the state of the Emir Nur al-Din) that was most threatening to the Crusader states, the Crusaders attacked the small Muslim city-state of Damascus. a state which had previously allied with the kingdom of Jerusalem against Nur al-Dinˇ¦s father. This Crusade led by the kings of France and Germany failed to regain lost territories. The Armenians and Crusaders continued to assist each other in their battles against the infidels.

Thread Information