User Tag List

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: California vs Texas and Kansas

leges sine moribus vanae Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goodpen View Post
    Better check the figures again...Oct 2016 for example Texas unemployment dropped again to 4.7% while Calif's was at 5.5%. In Sept Texas led the nation in job growth...at over 38,000.
    Kansas' is 4.4%.
    The educated differ from the uneducated as much as the living from the dead--Aristotle

The more knowledge one has, the dumber they sound to stupid people.

V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    I don't care what your numbers show I would take Kansas or Texas before the liberal nuts in CA. At least in Texas they don't have the major confusion of what bathroom to use, like in the land of Fruits.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jehoshaphat For This Useful Post:

East of the Beast (11-27-2016),Mainecoons (11-26-2016),Tennyson (11-26-2016)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    A few California towns and cities have gone bankrupt and a few have had to renege on their government workers fat pension plans. The pension plans across the state will someday go into default and when they can't roll it over any longer California will fall worse than Greece did. Then the state will be third world and look like Tijuana from south to north. I third world nation within a nation. By then most of the viable businesses will do what many others have already done..They'll move to Arizona, Utah, Colorado and Texas.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Don For This Useful Post:

RMNIXON (11-26-2016)

V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    A few California towns and cities have gone bankrupt and a few have had to renege on their government workers fat pension plans. The pension plans across the state will someday go into default and when they can't roll it over any longer California will fall worse than Greece did. Then the state will be third world and look like Tijuana from south to north. I third world nation within a nation. By then most of the viable businesses will do what many others have already done..They'll move to Arizona, Utah, Colorado and Texas.
    We will take their "Normal" businesses, but they can keep the people with a few exceptions for normal folks.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 66.0%

Thanks
    Even the very liberal LA Times recently ran a story on how Government Employee Pension Funds are under threat because the State is so damn broke!

And our unemployment has consistently exceeded national averages, including Obama running out the unemployment rolls when a record number of working age Americans have no jobs.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

Overall activity: 4.0%

Thanks
    National unemployment figures are kind of a joke, since they don't include all that big percentage of the work force...not even included.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehoshaphat View Post
    We will take their "Normal" businesses, but they can keep the people with a few exceptions for normal folks.
    Amen to that. I watched Colorado turn under the onslaught of Californians and New Englanders. Many of them came to escape but many brought their perverted form of "governance" with them. The same thing has happened here in Arizona. If it wasn't for the heat and deserts this state would have turned a long time ago.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Don For This Useful Post:

Jehoshaphat (11-27-2016)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 29.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoons View Post
    He's correct, on the surface.

And now for the rest of the story:

Economic Growth -- Blue States vs. Red States | National Review

The Texas economy has been negatively affected by the price of oil. However, with the massive new discovery there, this is going to be very short term particularly with an energy friendly government finally in office.

California's unemployment, crime, poverty and debt problems continue to be the real story there. A few doing very well, a lot doing poorly and being swamped by illegal immigration, that's the real story.

The white middle class continues to flee the place because wages don't begin to cover the cost of living, particularly housing and taxes.

Kansas? Who the hell wants to live in Kansas? It is a climate hell. Of course that affects the economy.
    A massive new oil find in Texas will do little to help. Think about supply and demand. The world is now awash in oil. Alternate energy is exploding particularly wind and natural gas. A major new oil find will either be under exploited or drive down the price possibly to a level where oil companies lose money extracting it.

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 29.0%

Thanks
    Living in Fontana and working in San Bernardino I see a vibrant business community both places. Few stores have gone out of business. New business like a major Amazon warehouse have moved in. Help wanted signs are common and wages are being drivem up as a result. I figure now that Nevada has a Democratic legislature the business closing there should decline.

I live close to the railroad line along the 10 it is busy night and day. Lots of trucks on the 10, too. Just south of the 10 are dozens of large new wearhouses. All employee people to make things.

The problem San Bernardino city government had was an inability to raise property taxes. That is particularly true for business property and corporate business is not reassessed when it changes hands. hands
    Last edited by RobertLafollet; 11-27-2016 at 04:02 AM.

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveSocialTagger First ClassVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoons View Post
    He's correct, on the surface.

And now for the rest of the story:

Economic Growth -- Blue States vs. Red States | National Review

The Texas economy has been negatively affected by the price of oil. However, with the massive new discovery there, this is going to be very short term particularly with an energy friendly government finally in office.

California's unemployment, crime, poverty and debt problems continue to be the real story there. A few doing very well, a lot doing poorly and being swamped by illegal immigration, that's the real story.

The white middle class continues to flee the place because wages don't begin to cover the cost of living, particularly housing and taxes.

Kansas? Who the hell wants to live in Kansas? It is a climate hell. Of course that affects the economy.
    They aren't likely to develop the new Texas find. There's plenty of oil on the market and the price is not attractive.

Thread Information