User Tag List

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112

Thread: California vs Texas and Kansas

Alumni Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertLafollet View Post
    I really didn't think much about it till 2000. Prior to that I just regarded the electoral college as a quaint old anachronism. After all the popular vote and the electoral college had the same result since the 1880's. I think that is how most people felt. Now we have had a difference in 2 of the last 5 elections. This time a large one. That throws light on the electoral college. I think a lot of people have the same reaction I do, it is time to get rid of the electoral college.

My last wife had to take a citizenship test. She asked me about it around 2000. Said she couldn't understand it. I told her few Americans could. I think that was true. In fact I don't think most Americans realized it existed till this year. Since the election I've heard a lot of explanations of what it is for. I don't think any agree with Hamilton and Madison's idea of creating a body of independent individuals who would chose a President not from fractions but from superior knowledge.
    Since you, by your own admission, lack the intelligence to understand the Electoral College procedures, and WHY the Electoral College was instituted by people immeasurably wiser, more intelligent, and able to think further each day than you have in your life.

You are diffidently NOT one to suggest change. Your hope and change is as large a failure as obozo's lies about HOPE, and/or CHANGE.

If you could find a willing ventriloquist, he could take you on the road.
    #BlackLIESMatter---Martin Luther King Jr. was a REPUBLICAN!

The Democratic Party. The party of the STUPIDS, for the STUPIDS, by the STUPIDS.

جعل أمريكا كبيره مره أخرى
    I VOTED FOR THE PRESIDENT!

Political Correctness is HATE SPEECH!

THE GREATEST DANGER TO THE USA IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 29.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan40 View Post
    Since you, by your own admission, lack the intelligence to understand the Electoral College procedures, and WHY the Electoral College was instituted by people immeasurably wiser, more intelligent, and able to think further each day than you have in your life.

You are diffidently NOT one to suggest change. Your hope and change is as large a failure as obozo's lies about HOPE, and/or CHANGE.

If you could find a willing ventriloquist, he could take you on the road.
    I fully understand the electoral college. I just think it is a bad idea that doesn't work as it's authors intended.

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 92.0%

Thanks
    If you understood it you wouldn't think it was a bad idea.

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertLafollet View Post
    I fully understand the electoral college. I just think it is a bad idea that doesn't work as it's authors intended.
    The above post is the most clear proof that you know nothing about the EC or why it exists. It has ALWAYS worked exactly as it was brilliantly designed to work.

That you do not understand, reinforces the essential need for the EC.
    #BlackLIESMatter---Martin Luther King Jr. was a REPUBLICAN!

The Democratic Party. The party of the STUPIDS, for the STUPIDS, by the STUPIDS.

جعل أمريكا كبيره مره أخرى
    I VOTED FOR THE PRESIDENT!

Political Correctness is HATE SPEECH!

THE GREATEST DANGER TO THE USA IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

Thread Information