User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 73

Thread: Testimony of Answered Prayer

  1. #11
    Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.7%

    Calypso Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    71,623
    Thanks
    5,539
    Thanked: 75,220
    Rep Power
    21474914
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    We have been given a gift - the POTUS, Senate, House and soon the SCOTUS.
    It is not time to stop our prayers but time to pray even more for the hearts and minds and souls of those in America who have lost their way. Our battle is just beginning, but this time we had Divine help. Praise the Lord for that.
    there are ways to pray and i'll start a topic on this because you are so right @Jen We cannot stop now. Now we need to pray more than ever.

    this will be part of it:
    http://www.ministrysamples.org/excer...SISTENTLY.HTML



    Many times our prayers are ineffective because we are too general; we must pray in a specific way. We may pray, “Lord get many people saved.’’ The Lord does not know which one you desire to get saved. Sometimes we may pray, “Lord get my friend, John, saved.’’ That is better. We can pray more specifically, by saying, “Lord, let me see my friend, John, today at lunch so that I may tell him about the mystery of human life. Lord, prepare him to receive the gospel.’’ This is very specific. You included the person, the time, the message, and what you want the Lord to accomplish. The Lord hears your specific request and accomplishes the work according to your petition.
    We also need to persist in our prayer. What do you do, if after your specific prayer you did not meet your friend, John? It seems that the Lord did not answer your prayer. Eph. 6:18 says that we should persevere in prayer. We need to continue to pray. The Lord may reveal to you that you took a pencil from John last year and never repaid him. After you have repented to the Lord and repaid John, the Lord will answer your prayer. If you do not repent, you will waste your time preaching to John, because he will not listen to your message. After your confession and restitution, he will be very open to receive your gospel. So we must persist in prayer until all the barriers are removed in order for the Lord to work.VII. PRAY AT SET TIMES AND ALL THE TIME

    We all know the verse, 1 Thes. 5:17, “Unceasingly pray.’’ How many of us pray unceasingly? We need set times of prayer everyday so that we will be strong in spirit to pray unceasingly. Daniel told us that he prayed three times a day, kneeling down before God (Dan. 6:10). David prayed in the evening, morning, and at noon (Psa. 55:17). Peter and John went to pray at the hour of prayer (Acts 3:1). These brothers had set times to pray; we also need to set aside time to pray individually and corporately if we are to mean business with the Lord. It is not too much to pray three times by yourself and one time with others on a daily basis. We love Him, and we want Him to accomplish His hearts desire; therefore, we must pray at set times and all the time.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 11-11-2016 at 06:00 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

    Jen (11-11-2016)

  3. #12
    Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 24.0%

    Jen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    19,640
    Thanks
    15,620
    Thanked: 24,739
    Rep Power
    21474860
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    there are ways to pray and i'll start a topic on this because you are so right @Jen We cannot stop now. Now we need to pray more than ever.

    this will be part of it:
    http://www.ministrysamples.org/excer...SISTENTLY.HTML



    Many times our prayers are ineffective because we are too general; we must pray in a specific way. We may pray, “Lord get many people saved.’’ The Lord does not know which one you desire to get saved. Sometimes we may pray, “Lord get my friend, John, saved.’’ That is better. We can pray more specifically, by saying, “Lord, let me see my friend, John, today at lunch so that I may tell him about the mystery of human life. Lord, prepare him to receive the gospel.’’ This is very specific. You included the person, the time, the message, and what you want the Lord to accomplish. The Lord hears your specific request and accomplishes the work according to your petition.
    We also need to persist in our prayer. What do you do, if after your specific prayer you did not meet your friend, John? It seems that the Lord did not answer your prayer. Eph. 6:18 says that we should persevere in prayer. We need to continue to pray. The Lord may reveal to you that you took a pencil from John last year and never repaid him. After you have repented to the Lord and repaid John, the Lord will answer your prayer. If you do not repent, you will waste your time preaching to John, because he will not listen to your message. After your confession and restitution, he will be very open to receive your gospel. So we must persist in prayer until all the barriers are removed in order for the Lord to work.VII. PRAY AT SET TIMES AND ALL THE TIME

    We all know the verse, 1 Thes. 5:17, “Unceasingly pray.’’ How many of us pray unceasingly? We need set times of prayer everyday so that we will be strong in spirit to pray unceasingly. Daniel told us that he prayed three times a day, kneeling down before God (Dan. 6:10). David prayed in the evening, morning, and at noon (Psa. 55:17). Peter and John went to pray at the hour of prayer (Acts 3:1). These brothers had set times to pray; we also need to set aside time to pray individually and corporately if we are to mean business with the Lord. It is not too much to pray three times by yourself and one time with others on a daily basis. We love Him, and we want Him to accomplish His hearts desire; therefore, we must pray at set times and all the time.
    Thank you, CJ. This was so helpful.




  4. #13
    Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.7%

    Calypso Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    71,623
    Thanks
    5,539
    Thanked: 75,220
    Rep Power
    21474914
    I think we were very specific in our prayers for this election.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

    MrogersNhood (01-11-2017)

  6. #14
    V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 27.0%

    SharetheHedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    8,790
    Thanks
    966
    Thanked: 8,218
    Rep Power
    13033847
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    I think we were very specific in our prayers for this election.
    You couldn't say, in faith, that your prayers WOULD be answered in the affirmative. Beforehand, you said "IF", afterwards you say, in effect, "I TOLD YOU SO". What if a prophet said, "Thus saith the Lord, such and such will happen, but if it doesn't then I guess it wasn't God's will". Then he claims God answered no matter what happens. Can't you see that is "rigged" as far as providing testimony that God indeed does answer prayer?
    Last edited by SharetheHedge; 11-11-2016 at 08:46 PM.

  7. #15
    Banned Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Overall activity: 25.0%

    Roadmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    42,628
    Thanks
    6,490
    Thanked: 16,150
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SharetheHedge View Post
    You couldn't say, in faith, that your prayers WOULD be answered in the affirmative. Beforehand, you said "IF", afterwards you say, in effect, "I TOLD YOU SO". What if a prophet said, "Thus saith the Lord, such and such will happen, but if it doesn't then I guess it wasn't God's will". Then he claims God answered no matter what happens. Can't you see that is "rigged" as far as providing testimony that God indeed does answer prayer?
    It's because we know what HE said about the end times. Nothing is going to stop the trib that is coming. I prayed for Trump to come in because I have witnessed His mighty men start rising and that will get others saved. It's not always about us. You don't understand us.

  8. #16
    V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 27.0%

    SharetheHedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    8,790
    Thanks
    966
    Thanked: 8,218
    Rep Power
    13033847
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    It's because we know what HE said about the end times. Nothing is going to stop the trib that is coming. I prayed for Trump to come in because I have witnessed His mighty men start rising and that will get others saved. It's not always about us. You don't understand us.
    Yes, I do understand you. I used to say a lot of the same things you do. (except I liked Jews )

  9. #17
    Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.7%

    Calypso Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    71,623
    Thanks
    5,539
    Thanked: 75,220
    Rep Power
    21474914
    We don't run God. He runs the whole show. Yes, we pray...but we don't know everything he knows. He wants us to ask and He will even relent if enough of us pray and it is not selfish or greedy. Enough prayed, he heard, he answered. It is all about His Will. NOT ours. IN this case, we were praying his will.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

    Montana (01-19-2017)

  11. #18
    Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.7%

    Calypso Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    71,623
    Thanks
    5,539
    Thanked: 75,220
    Rep Power
    21474914
    don't forget too that there were a lot of churches that had a 24 hour prayer vigil up to and on election day...plus Franklin Graham had prayer warriors on their knees on election day.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

    Montana (01-19-2017)

  13. #19
    V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 39.0%

    Frankenvoter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    8,387
    Thanks
    12,778
    Thanked: 13,711
    Rep Power
    21474848
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    God may do otherwise than what we pray...but He says never to stop praying for that which we want and never let it be said that we didn't get what we wanted because we failed to ask.


    God's plan is the best way. His answer may be yes immediately, yes later, or no. that is the way it is...and it is always for His Glory.
    I'm iffy about prayer. I do pray, but to say thank you for what I have, not to give God a wish list. I used to give him wish lists, but when the answer is no, it is still going to be no, no matter how many times I try to change his mind. He knows what I want, and the answer is always no, therefore I'm not wasting my breath asking for anything anymore.

    I have learned through hard times that things are going to be the way things are going to be, according to the way God sees it, not the way I want it. And no amount of kicking and screaming, pouting or huffing on my part is going to change that. I really don't see the point of prayer, other than to say thanks for what I have been given. Wish lists only work when it was something he was planning on doing anyway.

    I am glad though that a Trump presidency was the way he saw it, yes indeed.
    "Hello all".......I would have said "good evening ladies and gents", but you all know what you are.......Moe Howard
    (what I'm sure was an inside joke to all the Hollyweird actors in the scene at the time, as Hollywood was Weinstein before Weinsten ever was)

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenvoter For This Useful Post:

    sooda (01-19-2017)

  15. #20
    Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveSocialTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

    sooda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    28,328
    Thanks
    2,321
    Thanked: 2,238
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenvoter View Post
    I'm iffy about prayer. I do pray, but to say thank you for what I have, not to give God a wish list. I used to give him wish lists, but when the answer is no, it is still going to be no, no matter how many times I try to change his mind. He knows what I want, and the answer is always no, therefore I'm not wasting my breath asking for anything anymore.

    I have learned through hard times that things are going to be the way things are going to be, according to the way God sees it, not the way I want it. And no amount of kicking and screaming, pouting or huffing on my part is going to change that. I really don't see the point of prayer, other than to say thanks for what I have been given. Wish lists only work when it was something he was planning on doing anyway.

    I am glad though that a Trump presidency was the way he saw it, yes indeed.
    That's how I pray as well. No wish lists.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to sooda For This Useful Post:

    Frankenvoter (01-19-2017)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •