User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Detailing your own vehicles

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P
    Overall activity: 52.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    I use more than one toothbrush. One I get wet to clean those little tiny spaces but I make sure I get the space cleaned out with another tooth brush or a rag.I don't like leaving dirt in those little spots...it only makes it worse in my opinion.
    How do you clean them there nutria seat covers @HawkTheSlayer made for ya back in the day? Any special trick to that?

I guess you would have to make sure the nutria are deader than a doorknob before ya take a scrub brush to 'em.

Originally Posted by sooda
    "You are an internet expert, Rickety".

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickity Plumber View Post
    How do you clean them there nutria seat covers @HawkTheSlayer made for ya back in the day? Any special trick to that?

I guess you would have to make sure the nutria are deader than a doorknob before ya take a scrub brush to 'em.

You make little combs out of their teefs.
    Last edited by HawkTheSlayer; 09-07-2017 at 06:11 PM.
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 79.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daily Bread View Post
    I just came in from claying and waxing my car and I opened up to this .
    It's not easy, so figure on 5-6 hrs to clay and wax a midsize car .
    Another 5-6 hours to finish the beer left in the cooler from the weekend .

The car came out with a show room room paint job and I'm sitting on the deck with a Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA admiring my excellent work .
    I'm available for $150 per car and beer
    explain this clay thing to me and how long does that shine last.

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas HoodIII View Post
    To clean the inside, I open the doors and blow it out with a leaf blower. To clean the outside, I go for a ride in the rain. Baking soda past to clean the side walls.
    Lol. Same here but I use the big, two motor air compressor at the shop. Ya don't need no toof brush. Ya just blow everything out of the cracks at 160psi.
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

Thomas HoodIII (09-07-2017)

Overall activity: 52.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkTheSlayer View Post
    You make little combs out of their teefs.
    Dey got teefs?

Bucky Beaver teefs I guess.
    Originally Posted by sooda
    "You are an internet expert, Rickety".

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rickity Plumber For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (09-07-2017)

Overall activity: 24.0%

Thanks
    I have only detailed my own car once. I was at the airport with my boyfriend as he worked on his plane. He wanted to use my car to take his grandmother over to his aunt's house for a visit as his car was in the shop. He told me that if I was going to hang around, I should clean out the car and wash it. I didn't want to. He wants it cleaned, take it to a car wash. After some words, and in the back of my mind I was already plotting.

I spent all morning on that car. When I got done, it gleamed. I even cleaned the upholstery and threw out all the old newspapers. My boyfriend could not approve more. "Don't you feel good about having done such a good job?"

"Of course I do."

I took the car home, went to the pool in our apartment building and gathered up all the cigarette ashtrays. I filled the car ashtray and spread more over the seats, butts and ashes, and the floor. Then I hit the dumpster and got a bunch of wet smelly garbage. I was lucky enough to find a bag of used kitty litter. That went on top of the cigarette butts. Yes, even the seats, front and back. Then it was time to "treat" the outside. That was done with a bucket of water and dirt mixed into mud. I splashed it everywhere including the windshield and back window. That car was going nowhere until at least the windows were cleaned.

That evening, I smilingly handed over the keys so my boyfriend could go see Grandma.

When he came back he said he had to take it to a car wash before he went anywhere. "Why did you do that when you worked so hard to clean it?"

"This is what happens to forced labor. I had no intention of cleaning that car. You want the car cleaned, you do it. Now you did it."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Katzndogz For This Useful Post:

Rickity Plumber (09-08-2017)

Overall activity: 47.0%

Thanks
    My cars have always been kept clean. I particularly hate to do the wheels, with all the nooks and crannies covered in brake dust! I even do under the hood and trunk, the top of the engine, around the door jambs, etc. It takes me hours to detail my cars, but they pretty much stay that way, so no extraordinary methods are used to clean them when the time comes. I know many don't have the time, but once you get it really clean, it'll be a snap to clean it next time.
    Last edited by teeceenj; 11-13-2017 at 01:49 PM.

pocossin
    Overall activity: 17.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by teeceenj View Post
    It takes me hours to detail my cars, but they pretty much stay that way, so no extraordinary methods are used to clean them when the time comes.
    Amen. It's as easy to keep a car clean as it is to keep it dirty. I am amazed at how some people accumulate clutter in their vehicles. Often a vehicle will be so cluttered that the driver must push stuff away to get in.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Thomas HoodIII For This Useful Post:

NuYawka (11-13-2017)

:::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas HoodIII View Post
    Amen. It's as easy to keep a car clean as it is to keep it dirty. I am amazed at how some people accumulate clutter in their vehicles. Often a vehicle will be so cluttered that the driver must push stuff away to get in.
    I agree.
    I think that the way a person keeps his/her car (especially the INterior) is a window into their mind.

For instance, all the trash, food, trashfood and clutter and garbage in any car my stepson drives just proves to me what a careless scatterbrain is in his head (of which I already know).

Thread Information