User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody have any good special grits recipes

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registeredTagger First ClassCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 47.0%

Thanks

Does anybody have any good special grits recipes

My favorite is cheese grits with shrimp, which is basically just a guarantee you won't wear a bikini in the summer, ha, but it's delicious.

But it's pretty classic. Just wondering if anyone has any new twists on the best food God ever created.

Or if you just wanna talk about grits. I'm on a plane and all I can think about is cooking some real food. I just had to drink Dewar's because it's all Delta had. Man. Should have hit the liquor store.

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registeredRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miss9ball View Post
    I'm on a plane and all I can think about is cooking some real food. I just had to drink Dewar's because it's all Delta had. Man. Should have hit the liquor store.
    Hit the liquor store before your next flight, fill a transparent quart bag with as many mini bottles you can fit, and put in the bin when you go pass the blue shirt station.

They will wave it through.

Then, you have to decide how to drink the stuff.

It is illegal to open a container of alcohol inside the airport (they want you to drink at the bars).

You may drink your own alcohol on board a plane but a flight attendant must serve it to you.

I'm sure that you can use your imagination if you decide those rules are made to be broken.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Midgardian For This Useful Post:

miss9ball (09-02-2016)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 41.0%

Thanks
    The last time I had alcohol on a plane was when you could actually light up a cigarette and smoke away! You also had at least a little leg room in those days.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rickity Plumber For This Useful Post:

miss9ball (09-02-2016)

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registeredTagger First ClassCreated Blog entry

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Midgardian View Post
    Hit the liquor store before your next flight, fill a transparent quart bag with as many mini bottles you can fit, and put in the bin when you go pass the blue shirt station.

They will wave it through.

Then, you have to decide how to drink the stuff.

It is illegal to open a container of alcohol inside the airport (they want you to drink at the bars).

You may drink your own alcohol on board a plane but a flight attendant must serve it to you.

I'm sure that you can use your imagination if you decide those rules are made to be broken.
    See, great advice. This is why I come to y'all. Yeah, I knew I should have grabbed up some Jamo. I don't think they make Maker's Mark minis but ima find out before I take off coming home from Tennessee!

So what I hear you saying is, wear something low-cut with a smile to bypass any objections to my behavior with the plastic bag of booze.

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    My favorite is cheese grits with shrimp, which is basically just a guarantee you won't wear a bikini in the summer, ha, but it's delicious.

But it's pretty classic. Just wondering if anyone has any new twists on the best food God ever created.

Or if you just wanna talk about grits. I'm on a plane and all I can think about is cooking some real food. I just had to drink Dewar's because it's all Delta had. Man. Should have hit the liquor store.
    grits and cornmeal, cornmeal and grits..... the same thing for me...

so

SWEET GRITS!!!!!

make your grits thicker then usual using milk instead of water.... add in a LARGE protion of sugar to make it nice and sweet.

pour it into a buttered baking dish, place plastic wrap DIRECTLY onto the grits and chill over night. Cut into portions...

roll portions in a mix of flour and sugar.... saute in butter until hot and a bit crispy..

serve with butter and syrup

you are welcome in advance......

@HawkTheSlayer
    Last edited by syrenn; 09-02-2016 at 06:08 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to syrenn For This Useful Post:

RePHormed (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    By the way @miss9ball, I haven;t smoked in at least 15, 18 years. I can not even remember but it was late 1990's.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rickity Plumber For This Useful Post:

miss9ball (09-02-2016)

Banned Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickity Plumber View Post
    The last time I had alcohol on a plane was when you could actually light up a cigarette and smoke away! You also had at least a little leg room in those days.
    Love your signature!

I wish I'd been there for those days. But I do remember when they served a free hot dinner

Banned Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by syrenn View Post
    grits and cornmeal, cornmeal and grits..... the same thing for me...

so

SWEET GRITS!!!!!

make your grits thicker then usual using milk instead of water.... add in a LARGE protion of sugar to make it nice and sweet.

pour it into a buttered baking dish, place plastic wrap DIRECTLY onto the grits and chill over night. Cut into portions...

roll portions in a mix of flour and sugar.... saute in butter until hot and a bit crispy..

serve with butter and syrup

you are welcome in advance......

@HawkTheSlayer
    Omg girl. Now I'm dying! Haha.

I'm making this for my friends this weekend!

Thanks
    Love your signature!

I wish I'd been there for those days. But I do remember when they served a free hot dinner
    Thanks! That was my reply to a sooda post. You know, that recent one that is a mile long.

Yes, hot dinner went to cold cut sandwiches which morphed into a 3 ounce cup of sooda , soda (excuse me) and a bag of peanuts that woulds stave off hunger for about 10 seconds.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rickity Plumber For This Useful Post:

miss9ball (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    See, great advice. This is why I come to y'all. Yeah, I knew I should have grabbed up some Jamo. I don't think they make Maker's Mark minis but ima find out before I take off coming home from Tennessee!

So what I hear you saying is, wear something low-cut with a smile to bypass any objections to my behavior with the plastic bag of booze.
    Yes, the lower the better except when it is skirts, then the higher the better, especially with those killer legs girl!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rickity Plumber For This Useful Post:

miss9ball (09-02-2016)

Thread Information