User Tag List

Thread: Rev Al Sharpton on FBI Tape - Drug Dealer & Snitch

Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks

Rev Al Sharpton on FBI Tape - Drug Dealer & Snitch

This old but I was not aware of America's idiot being involved in this, what happened.

A shocking FBI surveillance tape shows the Rev. Al Sharpton discussing a major drug deal with an undercover agent posing as a South American kingpin.

The black activist was offered thousands of dollars as a cut for arranging bulk sales of cocaine on the 1983 videotape, which will be shown tonight on HBO's "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel."

"I can get pure coke ... for about 35,000 a kilo," says Victor Quintana, the FBI agent, as Sharpton nods during the sting operation. "But I gotta get, you know, more than one."

"Right," Sharpton replies.

"Ten kilograms is, like, $350,000," Quintana says. "That's a drop in the bucket, you know. We can go bigger."

Sharpton nods.

"Every kilogram we bring in is 3,500 to you. How does that sound?" Quintana asks, as Sharpton nods again. "So we bring in 10, you'll make $35,000.

"I hear you," Sharpton replies.

Sharpton admitted yesterday that he appears on the never-before-seen tape but insisted he was rebuffing a government attempt to set him up.

He says he played along with Quintana even when he mentioned cocaine in part because he feared Quintana might be armed.

"It's not damaging at all. It's a vindication of what I have been saying for years," said Sharpton, 47. "This is nothing but a government smear campaign."

The grainy tape shows Sharpton plunking himself down in a paneled office facing the FBI agent posing as a cocaine dealer.

An unlit cigar stuffed in his mouth, Sharpton sports a cowboy hat over his familiar '80s-vintage bouffant hair-do.

The conversation is somewhat cryptic, but the undercover agent offers Sharpton a 10% finder's fee to arrange the sale of several kilos of cocaine. The ultimate buyer is not named.

http://www.johnrocker.net/zhl_sharpton2.htm
    Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. T. S. Eliot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivu5LDQeHJ4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzAXb7qCCAo

SR. ADMIN
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 100.0%

Thanks
    All I wanna know is, who is the hero behind exposing Sharpton?
    SEN. KAY HAGAN (D-N.C.): ‘People who have insurance they're happy with can keep it’ “We need to support the private insurance industry so that people who have insurance they're happy with can keep it while also providing a backstop option for people without access to affordable coverage.” (“Republicans Vent As Other Compromise Plans Get Aired,” National Journal’s Congress Daily, 6/18/09)

Fascism is a Leftist ideology
    Fascists pursue government control of the economy, the people, and everything else. Since Fascism is statist, and those on the political Right embrace personal freedom and responsibility, Fascism has no logical relationship to the Conservative ideology of the political Right.

SR. ADMIN
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 100.0%

Thanks
    From the link:
    On the HBO show, Sharpton first refuses to watch the video and storms out of the interview with reporter Bernard Goldberg. But he later returns, watches and attacks the video as a setup.

The drug deal was never consummated, and no charges were brought against Sharpton as a result of the tape. Law enforcement sources have said the FBI used the tape as leverage to enlist Sharpton as a government informant against fellow black activists and others. In the past, Sharpton has admitted wearing a wire and allowing the government to tap his home phone, but he now denies that he was a snitch.

"The question is: Why would the government say that?" Sharpton said yesterday. "If they have an agreement with me, where is it?"

HBO is airing the tape as part of a story about Michael Franzese, a former Mafia captain who once facilitated gambling by pro athletes. Franzese tells HBO he met Sharpton after Quintana approached him in hopes of hooking up with boxing promoter Don King. Sharpton supposedly was planning to arrange a meeting with King to finalize the deal. But neither Franzese nor Sharpton knew Quintana was a government agent probing the boxing business and possible ties between the mob and King.
    Oh wait. This is from 2002. Well, the scumbag went right on with he career making rich promoting racism against whites.
    SEN. KAY HAGAN (D-N.C.): ‘People who have insurance they're happy with can keep it’ “We need to support the private insurance industry so that people who have insurance they're happy with can keep it while also providing a backstop option for people without access to affordable coverage.” (“Republicans Vent As Other Compromise Plans Get Aired,” National Journal’s Congress Daily, 6/18/09)

Fascism is a Leftist ideology
    Fascists pursue government control of the economy, the people, and everything else. Since Fascism is statist, and those on the political Right embrace personal freedom and responsibility, Fascism has no logical relationship to the Conservative ideology of the political Right.