User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Since "Doomsday"and "Hillary"Could Run Hand in Hand and Approaching Sooner than Later

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 67.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    I can't speak to the food but I can to the weapons.

1. Get a yew longbow and learn to make wood arrows, that'll do you more good than all the .22 ammo in the world.

2. By a cap and ball revolver. You can learn to make your own percussion caps and black powder, there are you tube videos on that.

3. Get a Pennsylvania also known as a Kentucky long rifle in flint lock in a small caliber such as .36, .38, .40, .45. This will do for small game and even larger game up to deer size. It'll do in a human to.

I'm at this stage in life I'm not prepping for anything as I'm old and ready to go but from experience and if I was a young prepper that's where I would go. Learn 18th and 19th century skills and how to live in the wilderness and you might just possible survive Armageddon. Forget all the modern stuff it won't be available.

Oh and a couple of more things stock up on bars of lead for bullets, a quality mold (s) for round balls, and a quality pot to melt the lead over an open fire.
    Good advice but one thing, a young dude like you ain't "ready to go". You know how many geezers I run into daily that are now pushing 90?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden House Queen View Post
    @Rickity Plumber @Calypso Jones
    Typically pemmican was dried meat and dried fruit mixed together (very dry)....and....was extremely nutritious......generally kept in what was known as a "bull".....a tanned bag of sorts......in my opinion...... the preparation, as well as the ability to find the meat and fruit wouldn't be worth the time. Beans and rice are great....but....keep in mind.....a goodly stack of wood for the wood stove or camp fire would be needed, as well as a dry, airtight, bug free container (reason for the dried hot peppers)............ (glass with tight fitting lid is best). Peanut butter is the best choice.....relatively inexpensive.....comes in it's own container.......is nutritious and stores for a long time.

Weapons and ammunition are another matter......if Marshall Law is instituted.....even if you are successful at hiding them.....you'll never be able to use them....why?.....because the first time one of your liberal, gun hating, Obama loving neighbors hear the shot intended for a rabid dog, rabbit for dinner or thief....they'll turn you in.
    peanut butter seems to be choice here in this thread

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Weapons and ammunition are another matter......if Marshall Law is instituted.....even if you are successful at hiding them.....you'll never be able to use them....why?.....because the first time one of your liberal, gun hating, Obama loving neighbors hear the shot intended for a rabid dog, rabbit for dinner or thief....they'll turn you in.
    During the Leftists' Days of Rage...the place to keep that gun is deep within whatever hidey-hole you have. Along with most of your food stores. Go out with the rest of them; pretend to be hungry...BE hungry. Do NOT arouse suspicion. Do NOT use weapons - at this point, even if you literally NEED a weapon to keep alive or to avoid robbery, you will lose if you pull it out.

The time for the weapon is LATER. As the bodies are falling and as the roving gangs are mopping up. A Leftist Utopia run by armed pencil-pushers from the IRS and Department of Ed, such a world is not going to survive general famine. IRS and DOE and Interior bureaucrats don't know how to plant and harvest - they die, along with the rest of the fools.

THAT will be when an armory will help. Not the time of the collapse, but AFTER - when there are no gun shops or hardware stores.

If you make it that far. But there are no guarantees in life, except that it does end at some time.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

Garden House Queen (06-23-2016)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Thanks
    Trinnity is right about the peanut butter. But, DO NOT get natural peanut butter, cause it must be refrigerated.
    That said, Wheat berries are a food storage staple. They are the whole kernel of wheat, and contain the bran, germ and endosperm. IOW, they contain protein, fat and carbohydrates. They are sold in 5 gallon buckets, and will keep for a lifetime.
    Honey. Honey may crystallize , but can be revived with heat, and be very delicious. It has been used throughout recorded history, as a medicine.
    Heck, they found jars of honey in Egyptian Tombs, and they said it was better than any honey they ever ate. Honey will keep forever, as long as it is sealed, and kept from water.
    Rice. Keeps a long time. Brown, white or wild.
    Pemmican. Dried meat, (deer, elk, bison, etc) mixed with fat, pressed into little "cakes". Great source of protein, and indefinite shelf life.
    Liquor Many uses.
    Twinkies. They'll last 30 years, if kept from open air.

If you know any Mormons, they have access to MRE's, and other food storage staples.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tiny1 For This Useful Post:

Garden House Queen (06-23-2016),JustPassinThru (06-23-2016),Rickity Plumber (06-24-2016)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickity Plumber View Post
    Good advice but one thing, a young dude like you ain't "ready to go". You know how many geezers I run into daily that are now pushing 90?
    I'll be 69 in a couple of weeks but I can tell you I have no desire to get to 90. If Armageddon happens I most definitely won't want to be around. No fun in that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

Garden House Queen (06-25-2016)

XTRA SUPER 4EVER BANNED Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience Points1 year registeredCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickity Plumber View Post
    Great idea also. THX

Already have a .44 Ruger Redhawk and Ruger Sp101 .357. The price of these ammo loads make me wonder about a more economical .22 for everything else other than personal protection
    Any gun of any caliber can be deadly if the bullet hits the vital spots. Robert Kennedy was killed with a .22.

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Awards:
    King of Publishing

Thanks
    WATER

Water purification items. Bleach. Water containers were a high value item in Sarejevo. The trip to the water holes was very dangerous and was required daily. Backpacks and carts to move the water were even more valuable.
    @Quark nailed it with the old technology of living is key. The power goes out or an EMP and you better have some skills or books in hand and head, because the internet won't be there for info.
    @tiny1 honey is a good item. Quick energy and medical uses.

Chia seeds are my favorite prep. Light weight and chocked full of nutrients. More protein than chicken. More Omega 3 and Omega 6 than salmon.

Chia seeds contain 486 calories per 100 grams, or 138 calories per ounce.
    By weight, they are 6% water, 46% carbohydrates (of which 83% is fiber), 34% fat and 19% protein.

Plan to plant a few pounds of seed around my bug out path. This is what was known as Inca gold as far as I can tell. The Incas were rich and social because they did not have to search or work for food. Chia was every where till the Spaniards burned the country to the ground. The ultra marathoning central Americans would drink two cups of water as they ran. Every third cup of water would contain some chia seeds. (need to soak before eating) They would run for days straight one this. When they had a modern ultra marathon in Mexicos Copper Canyon, the worlds best runners came. They were all beat by a local Mexican man in his late 50's who never ran races. He knew the terrain and did the chia on every third cup of water and beat the worlds best distance runners with their vitamins and the normal nutrition they would eat. Chia is my through hiking food.Chia has an near infinite shelf life if kept dry and sealed.
    @Rickity Plumber at this point in time a pellet gun would be a better buy than a .22lr. Just as effective on small game. A suppressed airgun is legal for all. Ammo is cheap, small and available to stockpile.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jim Rockford For This Useful Post:

Garden House Queen (06-25-2016),Rickity Plumber (06-25-2016)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entrySocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 17.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rockford View Post
    WATER

Water purification items. Bleach. Water containers were a high value item in Sarejevo. The trip to the water holes was very dangerous and was required daily. Backpacks and carts to move the water were even more valuable.
    @Quark nailed it with the old technology of living is key. The power goes out or an EMP and you better have some skills or books in hand and head, because the internet won't be there for info.
    @tiny1 honey is a good item. Quick energy and medical uses.

Chia seeds are my favorite prep. Light weight and chocked full of nutrients. More protein than chicken. More Omega 3 and Omega 6 than salmon.

Chia seeds contain 486 calories per 100 grams, or 138 calories per ounce.
    By weight, they are 6% water, 46% carbohydrates (of which 83% is fiber), 34% fat and 19% protein.

Plan to plant a few pounds of seed around my bug out path. This is what was known as Inca gold as far as I can tell. The Incas were rich and social because they did not have to search or work for food. Chia was every where till the Spaniards burned the country to the ground. The ultra marathoning central Americans would drink two cups of water as they ran. Every third cup of water would contain some chia seeds. (need to soak before eating) They would run for days straight one this. When they had a modern ultra marathon in Mexicos Copper Canyon, the worlds best runners came. They were all beat by a local Mexican man in his late 50's who never ran races. He knew the terrain and did the chia on every third cup of water and beat the worlds best distance runners with their vitamins and the normal nutrition they would eat. Chia is my through hiking food.Chia has an near infinite shelf life if kept dry and sealed.
    @Rickity Plumber at this point in time a pellet gun would be a better buy than a .22lr. Just as effective on small game. A suppressed airgun is legal for all. Ammo is cheap, small and available to stockpile.
    @Jim Rockford
    This is some really good interesting information.....thanks so much! Where would be the best place to purchase chia seeds? Health food stores....or....catalog seed houses....or?
    Last edited by Garden House Queen; 06-25-2016 at 06:05 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by protectionist View Post
    Any gun of any caliber can be deadly if the bullet hits the vital spots. Robert Kennedy was killed with a .22.
    . . .by an islamic terrorist

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rickity Plumber For This Useful Post:

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Awards:
    King of Publishing

Thanks
    @Jim Rockford
    This is some really good interesting information.....thanks so much! Where would be the best place to purchase chia seeds? Health food stores....or....catalog seed houses....or?
    I've used Amazon for chia. This is the best way to shop multiple brands and suppliers for best price. My last couple pounds I found at Big Lots for half price. A lucky score. I don't think the average BL shopper knows what chia is unless it is growing on a clay figurine.

Have even bought it in the bulk bins at the health food store. Before a pack trip. Worst price but still the best light weight food.

Last edited by Jim Rockford; 06-25-2016 at 11:27 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jim Rockford For This Useful Post:

Thread Information