User Tag List


Members banned from this thread: Morning Star and SomeCallMeTim


Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384142434445464748
Results 471 to 477 of 477

Thread: Scientific Challenge to Evolutionists

  1. #471
    Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

    Knightkore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Posts
    29,636
    Thanks
    91,771
    Thanked: 28,301
    Rep Power
    21474869
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk-Eye View Post
    " Says Hue "

    * Creation In Full Form Versions *

    And should the grigori stand before you , will you worship them as gods of your creation ?

    Then what would be your justification to invoke nomian dictates ?



    I worship no one else but God Yahweh of the Bible & His Son Jesus/Yeshua.

    Repent & be saved sir. That is all.
    LGBT = Liberty Guns Bibles Trump

    Captain Cold
    : Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

    Kenneth Copeland: "Sometimes you can tell what something is by what it isn't."

    "Don't do unto others if they ain't done unto you, because you might get done in doing it." Fred Sanford



  2. #472
    Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

    Knightkore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Posts
    29,636
    Thanks
    91,771
    Thanked: 28,301
    Rep Power
    21474869
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk-Eye View Post
    " Says Hue "

    * Creation In Full Form Versions *

    And should the grigori stand before you , will you worship them as gods of your creation ?

    Then what would be your justification to invoke nomian dictates ?



    LGBT = Liberty Guns Bibles Trump

    Captain Cold
    : Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

    Kenneth Copeland: "Sometimes you can tell what something is by what it isn't."

    "Don't do unto others if they ain't done unto you, because you might get done in doing it." Fred Sanford



  3. #473
    Senior Member Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 10.0%

    Monk-Eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked: 44
    Rep Power
    1
    " Sophisticated Physical States Required For Sentience Sapience Introspection "

    * Tetragrammation *
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightkore View Post
    I worship no one else but God Yahweh of the Bible & His Son Jesus/Yeshua.
    Repent & be saved sir. That is all.
    My perception is that you understand very little about the literal meaning of an afterlife .

    My perception is that you certainly do not understand the complexities of the antinomianism paradox .

    My perception is that you lack a clear understanding of deism , or naturalism , yet allude to " God " as if it were something other than a loosely defined abstraction .

  4. #474
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 2.0%

    CWF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    444
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked: 298
    Rep Power
    3141924
    The " clear understanding" that you imagine is in your possession is the true example of a loosely defined abstraction.

    I would suggest that you carefully consult the Bible upon first asking God to clear your mind and give you some understanding of the contents contained in it. Without it you will find yourself all over a road that leads only to more and more confusion, much like that placed before one who claims to be intellectually enlightened by the ideas in other men's minds.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to CWF For This Useful Post:

    Knightkore (06-14-2019)

  6. #475
    Senior Member Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 10.0%

    Monk-Eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked: 44
    Rep Power
    1
    " Projecting Your Own Whim "

    * Bragging Much About Knowing No Thing *

    Quote Originally Posted by CWF View Post
    The " clear understanding" that you imagine is in your possession is the true example of a loosely defined abstraction.
    I would suggest that you carefully consult the Bible upon first asking God to clear your mind and give you some understanding of the contents contained in it. Without it you will find yourself all over a road that leads only to more and more confusion, much like that placed before one who claims to be intellectually enlightened by the ideas in other men's minds.
    Believe as you wish that quelling anxiety about mortality through a uniform fetish and bandwagon approval is the best aspiration for yourself and others .

    Conjecturing that confusion exists with a hope that such an insecurity dwells within so as to coax complicity to your own perspective does not make it sew .

    It is clear that your background in alternative perspectives is limited and yet see fit to pander the arrogance of pompous piety for absolution to implement those edicts , irrespective of whether they are justifiable .
    Last edited by Monk-Eye; 06-14-2019 at 11:59 AM.

  7. #476
    Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

    Knightkore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Posts
    29,636
    Thanks
    91,771
    Thanked: 28,301
    Rep Power
    21474869
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk-Eye View Post
    " Sophisticated Physical States Required For Sentience Sapience Introspection "

    * Tetragrammation *
    My perception is that you understand very little about the literal meaning of an afterlife .

    My perception is that you certainly do not understand the complexities of the antinomianism paradox .

    My perception is that you lack a clear understanding of deism , or naturalism , yet allude to " God " as if it were something other than a loosely defined abstraction .
    The clarity & reality of Jesus' Resurrection & WHY He took the stripes of punishment & why He died on the cross is overwhelming in history & is all I need to know along knowing my Saviour Jesus.....all WHO I need to know.

    And the clarity & reality through the whole Bible that points to Jesus from Genesis to Revelation should give you pause before you veer off to other beliefs that bring only heartache & offers no salvation.
    LGBT = Liberty Guns Bibles Trump

    Captain Cold
    : Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

    Kenneth Copeland: "Sometimes you can tell what something is by what it isn't."

    "Don't do unto others if they ain't done unto you, because you might get done in doing it." Fred Sanford



  8. #477
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 22.0%

    nonsqtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    22,790
    Thanks
    7,891
    Thanked: 21,383
    Rep Power
    21474864
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightkore View Post
    They don't get faith because they aren't saved.
    Salvation doesn't have to mean you become stupid, and especially it doesn't mean you engage in deliberate ignorance.

    Do you realize there are very few actual quotes from Jesus in the Bible? It's all stories. Someone told someone, then they wrote it down.

    It's even worse in the Old Testament, it was all the same stuff but without the writing. It was everything they could do to muster the Ten Commandments, in the rest of the written stuff they kept holy, that is to say they were willing to go to war to protect it.

    You know how the game of telephone works, right? One kid whisper something to the next, and on down the line, and what comes out at the end is never what went in.

    Your salvation means you've heard the message, that's all. You might have gotten it from reading the Bible, or you might have gotten it from talking to a friend, or you might have just heard the Music of the Spheres.

    None of this means you have to believe everything someone tells you. In the exploratory sciences the first order of business is to establish what is real. You do that by asking a lot of questions, not necessarily by knowing everything in advance.

    Your salvation means you get to enjoy your state of grace, but there is also such a thing as Indulgence, and there is also such a thing as taking care of business. For instance, I didn't suddenly become a pacifist when I became a Christian. Some people do, and some people even say you can't be a Christian without it, but they're wrong.

    There's a lot of "wrong" stuff in religion. A LOT. Most of it has to do with dogma, but a lot of it is just early exploration (ignorance, basically - like trying to investigate something you don't have the vocabulary for).

    "Faith" is all fine and dandy, it's a good thing if it helps you. You say you worship only God, but a lot of people here seem to worship dogma, and words that come out the other end of the line of kids. Would you place your faith in a story that was transmitted by Word of Mouth for a dozen Generations before it was written down? How about two generations?

    One must draw the line at the point where the evidence one sees with one's own eyes contradicts one's beliefs. In such cases It's usually the belief that has to change, because the evidence doesn't.

    However in some cases the evidence is not understood, or poorly understood, which is generally the gist of the religious arguments being made in this thread.

    Yes, biological evolution is poorly understood. So is the curvature of the universe. So are a lot of other things.

    If you're trying to understand it, you have to start somewhere, and the logical place to start is by opening your eyes. Look around, what do you see?

    Everything you're seeing is God's handiwork, would you agree? Everything. Even the bad stuff. If you're seeing it, God created it. If it's in front of you and your eyes are open, God created it. That's pretty much the story, and after that there's two kinds of people, one rests on laurels of grace, the other tries to find out how He did it.

    What's real is your relationship with God. If you have one, you don't need a book to fill your head with useless trivia. The relationship is sufficient unto itself, amirite? (I must be, because you just said the same thing).

    Once I built a testing device for electrical noise, it could reliably measure down to 0.3 nv/sort(hz). There was at least a dozen people that told me it couldn't be done, but I did it anyway. evolution is kind of the same way, you can say it can't be done but nature is going to do it anyway.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •