User Tag List

Members banned from this thread: Strangelove, miss9ball, Mike L Angelo and Davo

Page 2326 of 2326 FirstFirst ... 1326182622262276231623192320232123222323232423252326
Results 23,251 to 23,255 of 23255

Thread: What are you doing at this moment thread

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registeredYour first Group
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Thanks
    Planning some activities for lockdown day 18.

I have a bar-stock removal knife that I hardened and tempered last week, that needs a handle and final polish/finishing.
    Some people here, you know who you are, say I should start a thread on that... Thinking about it.
    Went into the local small town and bought a truck full of hardware store stuff, including 600grit sandpaper.

Enjoyed lunch of the apple-wood smoked beef that I finished off last night. That's a treat.

Planning for a big garden this year, I think we are going to need it.
    Gardening is always good. It is like Creation and Easter combined.

God bless my family, they know that I do love it when my machines start and am vexed when they don't. #1 Son hung in with me trying to get the dual-sport motorcycle started for a spring ride. 5 days of me trying to kickstart it, recharge the battery, clean the plug, play with the choke...
    Finally, I regapped the plug and it popped once. I asked the kid to try kicking it, I am sure that kid is charmed. Sure enough several kicks later is sprang to life.
    We rode our dirtbikes around the roads and trails on the ranch for half an hour. Love and joy.

Wonderful days still happen in America.
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registered
    Overall activity: 86.0%

Thanks
    I'm bored silly and after reading this thread I think I need to attack the garage. The only problem is I can't have people around to sell or give it away to.

Green eyed monster Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registeredSocialTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 42.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Physics Hunter View Post
    Planning some activities for lockdown day 18.I have a bar-stock removal knife that I hardened and tempered last week, that needs a handle and final polish/finishing.Some people here, you know who you are, say I should start a thread on that... Thinking about it.
    I would very much look forward to you starting a thread.I have in my collection of Damascus steel blank knives a folding knife steel, it’s shaped ready to be homed into a mechanical body and looking at buying a kit to see how the mechanics work and seeing then about getting a few ideas for mine.

Last edited by Neo; Today at 03:25 AM.
    RIP Wes.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Lily View Post
    I'm bored silly and after reading this thread I think I need to attack the garage. The only problem is I can't have people around to sell or give it away to.

Do something that you have almost thought was damn near impossible.
    Then roll in the accomplishment like a dog on a dead fish.

I made a forge out of a (wait for it) Kenmore 70's decrepit charcoal grill and hardened a knife in an old ammo box full of vegetable oil.

Think, find a way. We can do this, we are Americans.
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I would very much look forward to you starting a thread.I have in my collection of Damascus steel blank knives a folding knife steel, it’s shaped ready to be homed into a mechanical body.Looking at buying a kit to see how the mechanics work and seeing then about getting a few ideas for mine.
    I have not even thought about folders, you are way ahead of me. I have appreciated knifemaking since my teens. I grew up in a machine shop I was grinding and heat treating tool steel bits for a lathe when I was a teenager.

Thread Information