User Tag List

Members banned from this thread: Strangelove, miss9ball and MrogersNhood

Page 1227 of 1227 FirstFirst ... 22772711271177121712201221122212231224122512261227
Results 12,261 to 12,270 of 12270

Thread: What are you doing at this moment thread

Games People Play V.I.P Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 87.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My body is melting.

It's 12:10 Mountain time; and 76 degrees out. Cloud cover blew in...that's abnormal, this time of year. Generally it's about 15 degrees cooler and the window fans cool off the bedroom splendidly.

Not tonight. Even the weatherman, who's constantly predicting Glow Bull Warming...didn't call this one. I can't sleep in this heat and I can't get the front-room A/C air into the bedroom.

I'll give it another hour and then I'll try chemical relief.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

Madison (Yesterday)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 34.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    9:50 pm, Monday.

Just played rather well. Stadium standard...as always. That always makes me feel "worth something". My edge, I guess. Got a session drummer coming out for the weekend...52 yo...wanting to step into "something of his own". GREAT creds!!! Sent him some MP4's and he's keen to see what he can do. JUST slammed down a really hooky trio of simple/simple/SIMPLE short chord progressions. Thank goodness the red light was on...so...I got it. This usually happens when I get enthused.....

My lady friend. There's that, too. I put some distance between us and she's now emailing and texting like six times a day. Dinner Wednesday night. Indian. I'm going to lay out some "non marriage" ground rules. Nice, nice lady. Gym junkie...fit as any fiddle...60 next month. I don't want to ruin a good thing...but...I don't want to lead her on, either. Been fielding a LOT of new interests on Silver Singles this week.

Got the fire going. It's supposed to dip down to 1C before sunrise.

Knucklehead looked behind the TV screen again...a dozen times. Meerkat Manor is on. He sniffs all around back there during the commercials. Funny!!!

Later, folks!
    If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 63.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    Still raining

Rain, blessed rain! (Turn up the volume, though. I can't hear it. lol) Thaz okay. Got to open my b.r. window for it, just the other night.
    Yes, we finally got some desperately needed rain.

To give you an idea on how desperate...

One neighbor friend, Ted, needs 250 bales of hay to winter his cows. (The big, round ones.)
    He usually gets what he needs from another neighbor friend, Bob. However, due to low moisture, his fields only yielded 100 bales this Spring.
    Plus, because of the rain shortage, the grass wasn't growing, which means putting your cows on hay earlier than usual. (Usual is Nov., sometimes Oct.)

Here's the eye-popper.
    Round bales usually go for $30-$35 each.
    Shortage price? $150 per bale! (Seen about an hour north of here. We assume that = delivered.)

Pray there's enough rain for a second cutting of hay, and gets the grass growing, or everybody's screwed.

*No, they do not install irrigation and/or sprinkler systems here, as it's not economically feasible.
    Last edited by 2cent; Yesterday at 08:10 AM.
    I've only had two beers in dog years.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 2cent For This Useful Post:

Madison (Yesterday)

50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 63.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Okay, what I've been up to since last Wed. In short, making jerky. Most of it as a gift to my daughter & her husband.

Wed., slaughtered an animal. Dinner was at 9:00 that evening.
    Thurs. evening. Butchered and finely trimmed about half the meat. Mixed the marinade, and set it in the fridge. Dinner was at 10:00 that night.
    Fri. evening. Filled 4 trays in the dehydrator. Butchered the rest of the meat, mixed another batch of marinade, and set that in the fridge. Dinner, 9:30.
    Sat. Bagged up the finished jerky. That night, we spread out the rest in the dehydrator. It almost felt weird eating dinner by 7:00.
    Sun. The rest came out of the dehydrator, and is all bagged up in freezer bags. Yeah!

My husband gets an award for cleaning the trays; in between, and especially after the 2nd use, 'cuz we plumb forgot to spray them down w/Pam on that go-around! DUH! (We do soak them in a big, galvanized tub of hot, soapy water. But if you forget to spray them... Ugh. Tough job.)

So! Tuckered me pretty well took yesterday OFF! Made the bed, picked up, did the dishes, then messed w/a jigsaw puzzle the rest of the day.
    Last edited by 2cent; Yesterday at 09:15 AM.
    I've only had two beers in dog years.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

English, thus superior Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entrySocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cent View Post
    Okay, what I've been up to since last Wed. In short, making jerky. Most of it as a gift to my daughter & her husband.

Wed., slaughtered an animal. Dinner was at 9:00 that evening.
    Thurs. evening. Butchered and finely trimmed about half the meat. Mixed the marinade, and set it in the fridge. Dinner was at 10:00 that night.
    Fri. evening. Filled 4 trays in the dehydrator. Butchered the rest of the meat, mixed another batch of marinade, and set that in the fridge. Dinner, 9:30.
    Sat. Bagged up the finished jerky. That night, we spread out the rest in the dehydrator. It almost felt weird eating dinner by 7:00.
    Sun. The rest came out of the dehydrator, and is all bagged up in freezer bags. Yeah!

My husband gets an award for cleaning the trays; in between, and especially after the 2nd use, 'cuz we plumb forgot to spray them down w/Pam on that go-around! DUH! (We do soak them in a big, galvanized tub of hot, soapy water. But if you forget to spray them... Ugh. Tough job.)

So! Tuckered me pretty well took yesterday OFF! Made the bed, picked up, did the dishes, then messed w/a jigsaw puzzle the rest of the day.
    Iím intrigued! Pray tell.... what did your husband receive as a reward for cleaning the trays?
    Last edited by Tom-Cruise; Yesterday at 11:18 AM.
    A gentleman never insults unintentionally.

50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registeredTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 56.0%

Thanks
    I just come passing for a tiny bit it`s 9.31 pm ...bcuz I`ll be in bed earlier than I thought this time...had a good day...but it was rough! That`s what happen when not sleeping anough
    Thanks Mr Coffee

PS. Suppose to get some rain on Wednesday Aug 22

@2cent

I know what you mean ..for hay.
    Here we are lucky so far this summer
    Wish you lots of rain!!!
    Last edited by Madison; Yesterday at 08:24 PM.
    We can judge the heart of a nation by his treatment of animals.

Lets have a drink lol "America so beautiful" makes me cry because it would be really beautiful without Islam!

"One slice of bacon a day keep the Muslims away, add pork juice in Hallal food"

"The're friends who will offer advice and wisdom. They're are cowgirls who come blasting through your door with whiskey, weapons, a shovel, and a plan! "

NEW PRESIDENT OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND OF CANADA*DONALD J. TRUMP

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Madison For This Useful Post:

2cent (Yesterday)

50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registeredTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 56.0%

Thanks
    This is exacly looking with the sound like my place at night

Good night !

We can judge the heart of a nation by his treatment of animals.

Lets have a drink lol "America so beautiful" makes me cry because it would be really beautiful without Islam!

"One slice of bacon a day keep the Muslims away, add pork juice in Hallal food"

"The're friends who will offer advice and wisdom. They're are cowgirls who come blasting through your door with whiskey, weapons, a shovel, and a plan! "

NEW PRESIDENT OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND OF CANADA*DONALD J. TRUMP

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Madison For This Useful Post:

Daily Bread (Yesterday),HawkTheSlayer (Yesterday),Northern Rivers (Today)

50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassOverdriveVeteran
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Thanks
    It was a nice day over here today ,70 and dry . Had a good storm on Sat and sat out on the boat and watched the black clouds roll in over the sound with a great lighting display . Some idiot from the city got nailed with a lighting bolt while standing on the beach , now he's dead as a doornail . One less vote for Cuomo .

If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything.

Games People Play V.I.P Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 87.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Ah, the night rain.

Actually, our rain dried up just now. I was in all day - I have bald tires on the Kia, didn't want to drive in the rain. We're at least two weeks early on the fall rains. It was cold and it was wet and with no classes for two more weeks yet, probably not much money with Uber. So I just stayed in.

I guess a lot of drivers are doing it, because Uber texted me of a NEW! INCREASED! BOOST! AMOUNT!!

Yeah, well. I'm just gonna wait until the kids come back and the tourists go home. I won't buy tires for the Kia for another month, and it will be snow tires.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

Tom-Cruise (Today)

50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 34.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It got to 2C before sunrise. Thank goodness for the woodstove fire in the studio wing.

It's 6:30 pm, Tuesday...now...and...my nose is cold! So, I just cleaned out the ashes and restarted tonight's fire...two hours earlier than usual.

Expecting some gal I met on a dating site to show up. Maybe tonight...tomorrow. Eh. She's in a motorhome...seeing Oz. I've got a spot off in a nice, idyllic place with water and electricity. She can plug in an electric heater and keep warm, no problem. First meet up...but...I haven't much more on the gal other than we seem to get long like a house on fire...over the internet. Let's see what real life has in store. This dating thing sure keeps life interesting!
    If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

Thread Information