User Tag List

Members banned from this thread: Strangelove, miss9ball, Mike L Angelo and Davo

Thread: What are you doing at this moment thread

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 86.0%

Thanks
    Seriously.

I'm gonna go under the knife.

There's a lot of nerve decomposition already. No magic cure, this; but it may arrest things and stop the pain.

Similar nerve decomposition in my legs/feet. Someday, not so far off, I may find myself wheelchair bound.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (03-27-2018),Madison (03-27-2018)

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation First Class
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    Hopefully, it will give you some relief.
    Will it require a hospital stay?
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

Madison (03-27-2018)

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkTheSlayer View Post
    Hopefully, it will give you some relief.
    Will it require a hospital stay?
    Outpatient.

HOWEVER, I'm gonna be in some kind of shape, for four weeks.

NO LIFTING. Of ANYTHING, including grocery sacks.

No driving. So I'll have to lay in a LARGE pile of groceries. And no Uber money for about two months. Which means, I gonna haveta sell some gold.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (03-27-2018),Madison (03-27-2018)

Truth Seeker, Alumni, V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 76.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    I don't believe such things are allowed in the People's Republic of Kanaduh.

Really. Most Americans have no IDEA, how all-encompassing, how insidious, is the concept of State-Controlled health-care.

Selling health insurance in Canaduh, is illegal. Private practice, in most provinces, is illegal. The exception is, physicians who provide elective treatment that's not covered under the Health Ministries - like cosmetic surgeries. THOSE can happen, SAME DAY.

Others, not. Often times the waiting list is MONTHS. I know this from having traveled much in Canada, from Toronto to Edmonton, to Banff, to Vancouver and Victoria Island and to Watson Lake, Whitehorse, and the Alaska line.

More than once. And I was on a motorcycle, many of those times. We talk.

A parts man at the Calgary Suzuki agency, was a motocross racer who broke both his ankles. They were mis-diagnosed and the breaks, un-identified, calcified. Corrective surgery was needed - and he had a TEN MONTH waiting time.

He was walking with crutches, meantime.

Very typical, Mark Steyn, before he became so well-known as an Obama critic, used to have a long list of stories of obscene failures of the Ontario Health Ministry. But if he reprinted them today, he'd be arrested - in Canaduh - for Thought Crime.
    I remember, years ago, reading that many Canadians cross the border to go to our doctors. It told of the long waits for serious operations, and you just know that many people died before getting help. I suppose I equate our 'walk in clinics' as a form of 'emergency' care. If they can't handle it they send you to the hospital emergency room.

English, thus superior Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entrySocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Outpatient.

HOWEVER, I'm gonna be in some kind of shape, for four weeks.

NO LIFTING. Of ANYTHING, including grocery sacks.

No driving. So I'll have to lay in a LARGE pile of groceries. And no Uber money for about two months. Which means, I gonna haveta sell some gold.
    Iíve been under the knife five times, Iím a practical guy, if something is not right somebody has to fix it.
    Last edited by Tom-Cruise; 03-27-2018 at 04:03 PM.
    A gentleman never insults unintentionally.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom-Cruise For This Useful Post:

Madison (03-27-2018)

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    I remember, years ago, reading that many Canadians cross the border to go to our doctors. It told of the long waits for serious operations, and you just know that many people died before getting help. I suppose I equate our 'walk in clinics' as a form of 'emergency' care. If they can't handle it they send you to the hospital emergency room.
    That's another aspect.

In Canada, you can be turned away at an ER - and it happens. More than it should.

One story Steyn listed...this was almost twenty years ago, when he was a National (Canada) Post columnist...one story, was of a young man out with friends on a Saturday. He fell off a bar stool (the drinking age in Canada is 18) and hit his head.

He was pretty dazed. After a short while, he realized something was wrong and asked his friends to drive him to the hospital.

They did. Where he discovered he didn't have his Ontario Health Ministry card. HE WAS TURNED AWAY.

His friends drove him home to get it; but he told them to go on without him, he'd get a cab when he found his card.

That was on Saturday night. He wasn't at his job Monday, and Tuesday, his parents had the apartment manager force the door to his apartment. He was dead on the floor of his bedroom - he had a subdural rupture and the blood loss and pressure on brain tissue, killed him.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

Madison (03-27-2018),potlatch (03-31-2018)

Truth Seeker, Alumni, V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 76.0%

Thanks
    That's another aspect.

In Canada, you can be turned away at an ER - and it happens. More than it should.

One story Steyn listed...this was almost twenty years ago, when he was a National (Canada) Post columnist...one story, was of a young man out with friends on a Saturday. He fell off a bar stool (the drinking age in Canada is 18) and hit his head.

He was pretty dazed. After a short while, he realized something was wrong and asked his friends to drive him to the hospital.

They did. Where he discovered he didn't have his Ontario Health Ministry card. HE WAS TURNED AWAY.

His friends drove him home to get it; but he told them to go on without him, he'd get a cab when he found his card.

That was on Saturday night. He wasn't at his job Monday, and Tuesday, his parents had the apartment manager force the door to his apartment. He was dead on the floor of his bedroom - he had a subdural rupture and the blood loss and pressure on brain tissue, killed him.

That's awful! And I guess the family couldn't sue because 'he didn't have his medical card' with him!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

Madison (03-27-2018)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris P Bacon View Post
    Some years ago, some jewish group had the name jewfish officialy changed to "goliath grouper" lol. We will always continue calling it a jewfish.
    That is what us crackers over here in Sun City Center call 'em. Jewfish is singular for Jewsfish.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 82.0%

Thanks
    @HawkTheSlayer check that up lol
    Hope you can understand a bit

We can judge the heart of a nation by his treatment of animals.

"One slice of bacon a day keep the Muslims away, add pork juice in Hallal food"

"The're friends who will offer advice and wisdom. They're are cowgirls who come blasting through your door with whiskey, weapons, a shovel, and a plan! "

NEW PRESIDENT OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND OF CANADA*DONALD J. TRUMP

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Madison For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (03-27-2018)

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation First Class
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    @HawkTheSlayer check that up lol
    Hope you can understand a bit

Lol. Its kinda long. I will watch it later.
    Merci, mon catin. Doll.......
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

Thread Information