User Tag List

Thread: English Town Bans its Flag for Muslims

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 87.0%

Thanks

English Town Bans its Flag for Muslims

The centuries old flag of England has been rejected by a local town council on the grounds the red cross on white background English colors may be "inappropriate" and "offensive" to Muslims, as reported by the on-line news portal The Bristol Post (of Great Britain) on 16 May, 2013.The town council of Radstock in Southwest England, has elected to pass on purchasing a new flag of England, correctly known as The St. George's Cross.
    Councillor Eleanor Jackson,

a university lecturer and teacher, stated that due to the English national flag was used by English troops during the Crusades of the 11th, 12th and 13th centuries just possibly could mean the beloved English Red & White may be seen by some as offensive.

As Councillor Jackson stated:
    My big problem is that it is offensive to some Muslims but even more so that it has been hijacked by the far right.
    My thoughts are we ought to drop it for 20 years.
    Jackson failed to mention the Crusades were in response to the initial Muslim invasion of the Holy Land.

http://www.examiner.com/article/engl...offend-muslims
    Figures.... the collectivist Left is the straight up enemy of freedom and the individual.

WHY is the Left (and we're talking white non-Muslims here) voluntarily bowing to Islam???

Why are we worried about offending these people?

Why do we not take this seriously??? Stop this madness before they kill us all.

The Pan-Islamic agenda rolls on.
    I have to give democrats credit they have had their faces pounded there butt kicked and embarrassed for over 3 years day after day like a herd of wild retards on the warpath while smoking pcp. they keep on going on their stampede. -bulletbob

Joe is senile, Bernie is a communist, and Warren is a
    megalomaniacal opportunist. Can't anyone just say so?

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 87.0%

Thanks
    Oh, never mind...

Flying flag again after 'error of judgement'

THE flag of St George will fly once again over Radstock after councillors described a decision not to buy one to hang from the town's civic flagpole as "an error of judgement".
    Radstock Town Council decided against purchasing a St George's flag after a discussion about repairs to the civic flagpole to ensure a Union Flag could be flown on Armistice Day.

The decision not to buy a St George's flag came after Labour Councillor Eleanor Jackson, a university lecturer and teacher, said its use during the Crusades of the 11th, 12th and 13th centuries could mean it may be seen by some as offensive. Mrs Jackson said the English national flag could be offensive to Muslims and that it had been hijacked by the far right and that the Union flag was a more inclusive and suitable way of displaying national pride.

But the move caused uproar and led to a Facebook campaign – Raise the Flag in Radstock – being set up. A 'Fly the Flag' protest, which attracted around 30 people, was also held outside Radstock Museum on Saturday, pressing the council to have a change of heart.
    The decision also led to criticism from Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, Eric Pickles who wrote to Mrs Jackson about her comments and published his letter on his ministerial website. And at a meeting of the town council on Monday night, councillors made a U-turn and agreed to purchase a flag of the cross of St George to fly on "appropriate occasions" – a move supported unanimously by council members.

Councillors have denied there was any ever decision to ban the flying of the Cross of St George and said the flag had been flying in the town since May 17. The flag was hoisted back up the pole in the town's Memorial Gardens on Friday after the town council borrowed one from neighbouring Westfield Parish Council. Radstock Town Council said members did not vote to ban the St George's flag and the decision not to purchase one was made in line with the authority's resources. Radstock councillor Peter Sas said the council had made a mistake in its original decision.

(See how they plain ole lie about it?)

Mr Sas said: "What is clear about the recent furore over the flag is that Radstock Town Council and one councillor in particular, has suffered from an error of judgement.
    "This is regrettable but the council has done its best to remedy the situation. "We are a very proud and patriotic community that faces many challenges caused by them
    austerity measures. "My wife and I attended the 'fly the flag' protest outside Radstock Museum in the town centre. "It was a gloriously sunny day and many local people came out to express their views that the council had got this wrong. "This has been acknowledged and, hopefully, rectified."

The council will also be flying the In Bloom flag at the Miners' Memorial Garden to celebrate the town's achievements in the gardening competition and the rainbow flag – the symbol of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender pride movement – at "appropriate" times of the year. There are also plans for a flag to be designed especially for Radstock.

Read more: http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Flyin...#ixzz2X2jc9XJS
    Follow us: @thisisbristol on Twitter | thisisbristol on Facebook
    Ms. Jackson got bitch-slapped. She should be invited to move to the ME.
    Why did those people on the city council go along with her anyway?
    Last edited by Trinnity; 06-23-2013 at 09:03 AM.
    I have to give democrats credit they have had their faces pounded there butt kicked and embarrassed for over 3 years day after day like a herd of wild retards on the warpath while smoking pcp. they keep on going on their stampede. -bulletbob

Joe is senile, Bernie is a communist, and Warren is a
    megalomaniacal opportunist. Can't anyone just say so?

V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 16.0%

Thanks
    Ms Jackson is a stupid Bitch, and I apologize to Bitches everywhere.
    Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. T. S. Eliot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivu5LDQeHJ4

Banned Achievements:
    Social3 months registeredYour first GroupRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Overall activity: 52.0%

Thanks
    Probably most of you won't agree, but I am a Southern girl. I feel the same way about the confederate flag. Let it fly. I wish the south had won the Civil War. We sure would not have BO as president.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perianne For This Useful Post:

Roadmaster (06-23-2013)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    Confederate Battle Flag or the other Confederate Flag?

Banned Achievements:
    Social3 months registeredYour first GroupRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Overall activity: 52.0%

Thanks
    Battle Flag

Attachment 677

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perianne For This Useful Post:

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Thanks
    I think the gist of the story has been missed as Ms Jackson has just acquired the only kosher halal butchery in Bristol and is afraid of losing her customers to the piggery next door.

Honk! Honk!

Thread Information