Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Whites Really Superior?

Senior Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Irascible Crusader View Post
    It's not a rhetorical question.

Charity moves us to think of races as equal. And perhaps in the eyes of God, all people are of equal worth as human beings. But does equality mean that all races are equal in every regard?

In my thread http://politicalbullpen.com/bullpen-...e-whites-2796/ "Thank you white people. An Ode to Whites" I make the case that I come from a race that, on the cusp of the European colonial period, was still more primitive than even the ancient Egyptians who lived thousands of years ago. Without the intervention of white people, I have no doubt we would still be just as recalcitrant, refusing to advance as a race.

The blessings of Christianity have permeated the entire globe through the most evolved race, militarily, economically, technologically, medicinally, and even spiritually. Even amidst the wars that still rage on, we have a relative world peace brought about by the influence of white western culture. It hasn't been all roses and certainly accompanying the gospel of Christ and the amenities of Christian culture was a brutal imposition of that culture.

But what would the world be like without White people? Think of Africa, particularly tribal Africa where blacks commit genocide daily and remain brutish and primitive. What advances in medicine comes from Africa and did Africans send us to the moon? How about the Chinese who, until World War 2, was just a collection of warring tribes and provinces? Did they bring civilization to the world or was civilization brought to them? What if the 1000 years of world peace under the reign of Christ prophesied in Revelation was facilitated by the white race and no other? I shudder to think of what Hawaii would be like if they weren't forcefully settled.

So I ask the questions with no malice or ideological agenda. I ask the question with gratitude for what whites have done for Native Americans..yes, I said done FOR us. If you can't answer with an open mind, then don't bother. But my question is, is it possible that whites are equal in regards to worth but superior in regards to intellect, virtue, and the ability to build lasting societies?
    You have to analyze the word "superior" very carefully. Is A, a hard-working family man with no criminal record, "superior" to, B, a convicted hit man? I think people would generally say "yes," A is superior to B. Interpersonal comparisons between individuals are certainly possible.

But what about interpersonal comparisons between groups. Is a pack of Eagle Scouts building a homeless shelter "superior" to a group of Latino gang members robbing grocery store? Most would say "yes."

But as the groups get larger, and the attributes of each less discernible, it gets harder to define what "superior" means.

If "superior" refers to the abilities required in the creation of inventions, the production of great art, music and literature, the design of fair and just governmental structures, the development of educational institutions and research, then by that definition, caucasians are hands-down the most "superior" race on earth!

Based upon a long history, that superiority would have to be limited to caucasian MEN.

Dante.

Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 98.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianeye View Post
    Wouldn't that be males are superior, or more ambitious? I guess if you travel down the timelines of history males are the architects of civilization itself, no matter the pigmentation.
    Males build cities, females build society, and both are equally important parts of civilization. Yet racially, civilization consists of warring, primitive tribes that exist only to brutally savage their nearest neighbors or advanced civilization that institute peace which becomes fertile soil for literature, art, sports, and technology. Which race discovered penicillin or the vaccine for polio? Which race explored Antarctica and climbed Mt. Everest?

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks
    "Beneficial" being the key word. For instance, the world benefitted by being saved by Muslim expansionism when white Christian soldiers sacked Jerusalem, crushed the Moorish armies, and ensured they could never again threaten Western civilization, would you agree?
    would you re-phrase that please?

Banned Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    Also, @Irascible Crusader, once again, your knowledge of history is deficient. Some of the earliest examples of technological advancement and invention were Chinese, thousands of years ago.

Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    At least one hundred million people in this country cling to their white identity. You have zero compassion for them because you cannot understand their fears.
    Let them cling to their 'white identity' all they want. I will not stop them. All I will say is identification with a population group on the basis of something as arbitrary as skin color (scientifically speaking, people who are 'white' do not have white skin. It is just an old overgeneralization for a complex genetic makeup resulting from natural selection.) is antiquated and collectivist. I prefer individual humanity over collectivist humanity.
    Last edited by the_diplomat2.0; 06-19-2013 at 12:58 PM.
    "Politics is the art of the possible. If you don't get it, it will get you."

-Me (and Ralph Nader)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks
    Males build cities, females build society,

. Which race discovered penicillin or the vaccine for polio? Which race explored Antarctica and climbed Mt. Everest?

I agree about the male/female thing. Females are not good asx warriors, rulers for the most part, but they do civilize man. And without woman, man would still be living in the cave with his buds sittin' around the fire drinking their homebrew.

Second question? which race?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante1 View Post
    You have to analyze the word "superior" very carefully. Is A, a hard-working family man with no criminal record, "superior" to, B, a convicted hit man? I think people would generally say "yes," A is superior to B. Interpersonal comparisons between individuals are certainly possible.

But what about interpersonal comparisons between groups. Is a pack of Eagle Scouts building a homeless shelter "superior" to a group of Latino gang members robbing grocery store? Most would say "yes."

But as the groups get larger, and the attributes of each less discernible, it gets harder to define what "superior" means.

If "superior" refers to the abilities required in the creation of inventions, the production of great art, music and literature, the design of fair and just governmental structures, the development of educational institutions and research, then by that definition, caucasians are hands-down the most "superior" race on earth!

Based upon a long history, that superiority would have to be limited to caucasian MEN.

Dante.
    As I said to Canadianeye, the role of women in an advanced society cannot be overstated. But your conclusion is correct. Individually, we are what we make of ourselves, the peaceful and pious Buddhist monks or the savage nomadic German tribes. But when considering the grand sweeping events that shaped the world today, it takes concerted ignorance to not see that whites have had greater influence in advancing the human race than any other race within it.
    Last edited by Irascible Crusader; 06-19-2013 at 12:58 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Paine View Post
    Also, @Irascible Crusader, once again, your knowledge of history is deficient. Some of the earliest examples of technological advancement and invention were Chinese, thousands of years ago.
    Sorry. I'm not going to take history lessons from somebody who said Columbus was pretty much a Nazi who nearly wiped out all the Carribean tribes.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Irascible Crusader For This Useful Post:

Kabuki Joe (06-20-2013)

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by the_diplomat2.0 View Post
    Let them cling to their 'white identity' all they want. I will not stop them. All I will say is identification with a population group on the basis of something as arbitrary as skin color (scientifically speaking, people who are 'white' do not have white skin. It is just an old overgeneralization) is antiquated and collectivist. I prefer individual humanity over collectivist humanity.
    The hundred million perceive themselves to be under attack from all of the institutions of the US. They will become a separate people and will be the Ghost Within The Machine working at cross-purposes with those who have disempowered them and threaten their identity.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Albert Reincarnated For This Useful Post:

Kabuki Joe (06-20-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    The hundred million perceive themselves to be under attack from all of the institutions of the US. They will become a separate people and will be the Ghost Within The Machine working at cross-purposes with those who have disempowered them and threaten their identity.
    Put another way, why is it that white people shouldn't take refuge in their racial identity when they are being attacked and discriminated against these days precisely because of their racial identity?

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Irascible Crusader For This Useful Post:

Gemini (06-19-2013),Perianne (06-20-2013)

Thread Information