Members banned from this thread: Big Bird

Page 3 of 123 FirstFirst 123456789101353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What IS Islam?

Senior Member Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Paine View Post
    I think it's possible to see it as both a religion and a political...I don't want to call it a philosophy, so we'll settle for "political idea."
    If you want to refer to a politicized version of Islam, use the term Islamism. I would not call Islam a philosophy, although it certainly consists of many philosophical axioms.
    "Politics is the art of the possible. If you don't get it, it will get you."

-Me (and Ralph Nader)

Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by usfan View Post
    If you look at the big picture, islam is just another judaic cult, like christianity, that has lasted. Muhammad started it as a 'religion' for the arabs.. he saw the jews had a book, the christians had a book, but he felt the arabs did not, & wanted them to be a 'people of a book', too. It is similar to judaism, in that it is based on race & heritage. But unliked judaism or christianity, it has the means & agenda to bring religious rule here on earth. Jews got a king, but god was still to be considered the ruler, & actually, the people were discouraged from wanting a king. Christianity does not pretend to promote any political utopia, but a spiritual awareness of the 'king', or true ruler of their adherents. Islam has very specific rules for daily life, & the means of enforcement. A caliphate is always the goal, in islam. You cannot have pure islam operating without a caliphate. Jews & christians can be subject to their god, while under the rule of a worldly political system. They divide reality into spiritual & worldly. Islam tries to attain a worldly utopia on earth.

In a funny kind of way, islam has more in common with mormonism.. they are both judeo christian cults, with a centralized leadership based on god's 'appointment.' They both try to 'improve' on the methods that the judeo christian tradition deals with daily reality.

But to be fair, there are competing views of islam, even among it's followers. Not all see the right of a certain branch to claim authority to speak for all muslims. I think the rest of the world should stay out of their religious arguments, & let them figure it out on their own, without us trying to intervene.
    I find the history and emergence of religion absolutely interesting. One of the most intriguing aspects about the origins of the monotheistic, Abrahamic faiths is that with extensive historical inquiry, bolstered by scientific analysis, you can trace the manifestation of each religion to a complex interplay of geographical, political, and environmental factors that propelled the interaction of different groups and their beliefs. For example, the origins of Judaism, in the form of the Yahweh's revealing to Abraham of Ur, may not have been a 'revealing' at all, but a crossing of societies, namely those of Mesopotamia and those of Canaan. What may have happened is that a man like Abraham or a group of people of Abraham's narrative received knowledge of the Canaanite pantheon, to which they became sympathetic to the significance of Yahweh, the warrior god, and made the pilgrimage from Mesopotamia to Canaan as a result. Just a theory.
    "Politics is the art of the possible. If you don't get it, it will get you."

-Me (and Ralph Nader)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to the_diplomat2.0 For This Useful Post:

usfan (06-02-2013)

Banned Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Overall activity: 25.0%

Thanks
    It must be hard to live around on every border people hating you and want you wiped out. The Jews and Muslims both go by the old testament only just worded different. You would think they would get along. What if Christians started killing each other because one was Baptist and the other Methodist? We have buildings here that I wouldn't walk into that call themselves Christians but I don't want to kill them. Don't see anyone trying to blow up the church of satan in NY. I know I sound stupid but I have yet to understand them and I know some Muslims and Jews. So what is Islam to me, I may not respect others beliefs but I don't see killing them as the answer unless it is necessary or having no choice.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Roadmaster For This Useful Post:

Trinnity (06-04-2013)

Forum IT Staff, Alumni & VIP IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    What is Islam? It's basically the Borg from Star Trek. Assimilate into their culture or die. That's the simplest way to put it.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matt For This Useful Post:

LostPoetWandering (02-16-2017),MrogersNhood (12-23-2016),Trinnity (06-05-2013)

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 54.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    What is Islam? It's basically the Borg from Star Trek. Assimilate into their culture or die. That's the simplest way to put it.
    That's the best description I've ever heard and it conveys exactly what the deal is with them.
    "You liberals are the most dishonest group ever assembled and you are far worse than the collective idiot hippy liberals of the 60s" -Common

Can you spot a communist?

FIRE and replace the bad Republicans in their primaries, but NEVER EVER vote for a Democrat.

Banned Achievements:

Thanks
    The one big problem I have with Islamic laws is a 9 year old girl can be married.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Roadmaster For This Useful Post:

lostbeyond (06-07-2013)

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 54.0%

Thanks
    What does that tell you about Islam?
    "You liberals are the most dishonest group ever assembled and you are far worse than the collective idiot hippy liberals of the 60s" -Common

Can you spot a communist?

FIRE and replace the bad Republicans in their primaries, but NEVER EVER vote for a Democrat.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

lostbeyond (06-07-2013)

SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    The one big problem I have with Islamic laws is a 9 year old girl can be married.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    What does that tell you about Islam?
    I think this alone is not yet the total disaster. What is much worse that her husband is probably an adult, a pedophile. Plus that every male is preconditioned not to listen to women. How can you love her if you don't hear her?

The horror story starts where the Qur'an says that Mohamed married his wife Aisha 5 years before his death at 50+, when she was 6(!) and then she joined his household when she was 9(!). Are you surprised when this is their scripture? Aisha herself says this in Sahih Bukhari volume 5, book 58, number 234: "The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Allright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age.".

Do you think Mohamed gave her some sexually transmitted decease (at 6), considering her hair fell out then?
    Last edited by lostbeyond; 06-07-2013 at 08:54 PM.
    --------
    Churchill: Ancient poets and theologians could not imagine such suffering, which Trianon brought to the innocent.
    --------
    Bissmarck: No nation is more oppressed than the one that falsely believes to be free.
    ----------

Alumni Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 41.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    Could you elaborate on that please? I'm interested to hear your points and examples on that.
    All organized religions are "for profit" businesses. All for profit businesses want to expand their market share, And all wish to gain power. islam is just considerably more ruthless than the others in modern times. In times past, other religions were equally ruthless and bloodthirsty.
    #BlackLIESMatter---Martin Luther King Jr. was a REPUBLICAN!

The Democratic Party. The party of the STUPIDS, for the STUPIDS, by the STUPIDS.

جعل أمريكا كبيره مره أخرى
    I VOTED FOR THE PRESIDENT!

Political Correctness is HATE SPEECH!

THE GREATEST DANGER TO THE USA IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

Banned Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lostbeyond View Post
    I think this alone is not yet the total disaster. What is much worse that her husband is probably an adult, a pedophile. Plus that every male is preconditioned not to listen to women. How can you love her if you don't hear her?

The horror story starts where the Qur'an says that Mohamed married his wife Aisha 5 years before his death at 50+, when she was 6(!) and then she joined his household when she was 9(!). Are you surprised when this is their scripture? Aisha herself says this in Sahih Bukhari volume 5, book 58, number 234: "The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Allright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age.".

Do you think Mohamed gave her some sexually transmitted decease (at 6), considering her hair fell out then?
    They want to push it to 5 years old and yes nine year olds are married to people in their 30's and older.

Thread Information