User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Thread: Your Arsenal?

  1. #61
    Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.7%

    Calypso Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    71,623
    Thanks
    5,539
    Thanked: 75,220
    Rep Power
    21474914
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    The majority of illegal guns are sold at gun shows. They are not required to check a persons background because under federal law if you are not engaged in the gun business or only sell once in a while you are not required to have a federal license and can sell many in that show and even sell many to one person. This is how many illegals, felons, and gangs get their guns and mostly hand guns. It's a loophole but not all people who sell at them are not licensed. If they really want to make a difference they would close this loophole. Going around telling people they can't buy at stores where they are required to wait on background checks is stupid. Not only that you can't buy but so many because it will cause a red flag.

    sorry roady, but this is NOT true. You go thru a background check before you get the gun in your hand. This is just a liberal myth. Gun shows are lawful and do things by the book.

  2. #62
    Banned Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Overall activity: 25.0%

    Roadmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    42,628
    Thanks
    6,490
    Thanked: 16,150
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    sorry roady, but this is NOT true. You go thru a background check before you get the gun in your hand. This is just a liberal myth. Gun shows are lawful and do things by the book.
    Wrong most do and it's not a liberal myth. Been around too many. Just look around, in fact just look at Chicago news today where they admit this and finally arrested two men. I knew some coin dealers that sold guns on the side and they were not required to conduct background checks. In fact one ended up killing another man for stealing his coins and I knew him well.

  3. #63
    Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 98.0%

    Irascible Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Idaho
    Posts
    6,366
    Thanks
    1,493
    Thanked: 2,062
    Rep Power
    39453
    Exposing the "gun show loophole" myth: http://www.unitedliberty.org/article...-show-loophole

  4. #64
    Banned Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Overall activity: 25.0%

    Roadmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    42,628
    Thanks
    6,490
    Thanked: 16,150
    Rep Power
    0
    Oh and Jones this was crazy. I knew both these men and both men had bought and traded with me. Been a dealer for over 20 years on the side, coins only and had great connections where I could sell a good bit lower than most. If you are an honest dealer like me you never have trouble and I had a lot of friends that would buy from me and resell, mostly men. Have seen dishonest dealers get beat up and killed. The one that killed the other was one of my best customers. He even came in and told me the other stole from him and admitted it and told him that there was nothing he could do. Two days later he shot the man. Dealers should never keep coins at their house but at a bank in the vault. I still do it from time to time but not like I use to. I was a what you call turner only.

  5. #65
    Banned Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Overall activity: 25.0%

    Roadmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    42,628
    Thanks
    6,490
    Thanked: 16,150
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by saintmichaeldefendthem View Post
    Exposing the "gun show loophole" myth: http://www.unitedliberty.org/article...-show-loophole
    It happened here and they had no license to sell guns. Now this happened over 7 years ago, things may have changed.

  6. #66
    Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 98.0%

    Irascible Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Idaho
    Posts
    6,366
    Thanks
    1,493
    Thanked: 2,062
    Rep Power
    39453
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    It happened here and they had no license to sell guns. Now this happened over 7 years ago, things may have changed.

    What happened? Has the gun grabbing Left ever been able to produce a SINGLE EXAMPLE of somebody obtaining a gun illegally at a gun show?

    Even one??

  7. #67
    Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.7%

    Calypso Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    71,623
    Thanks
    5,539
    Thanked: 75,220
    Rep Power
    21474914
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    Wrong most do and it's not a liberal myth. Been around too many. Just look around, in fact just look at Chicago news today where they admit this and finally arrested two men. I knew some coin dealers that sold guns on the side and they were not required to conduct background checks. In fact one ended up killing another man for stealing his coins and I knew him well.
    Well it doesn't happen in Virginia and i speak from personal experience.

  8. #68
    Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 20.0%

    St James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    S. Indiana
    Posts
    10,394
    Thanks
    15,896
    Thanked: 6,568
    Rep Power
    1718009
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier8 View Post
    Sorry, but I lost all my guns in a boating accident. Wink, wink, say no more.

    NO SHIT? That's what happened to mine!!!!!! go figure the coincedence of that...........

  9. #69
    Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 98.0%

    Irascible Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Idaho
    Posts
    6,366
    Thanks
    1,493
    Thanked: 2,062
    Rep Power
    39453
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    NO SHIT? That's what happened to mine!!!!!! go figure the coincedence of that...........
    I didn't lose ALL my guns in a boating accident...just the ones I illegally converted to full auto.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Irascible Crusader For This Useful Post:

    St James (12-28-2012)

  11. #70
    Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 20.0%

    St James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    S. Indiana
    Posts
    10,394
    Thanks
    15,896
    Thanked: 6,568
    Rep Power
    1718009
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    The majority of illegal guns are sold at gun shows. They are not required to check a persons background because under federal law if you are not engaged in the gun business or only sell once in a while you are not required to have a federal license and can sell many in that show and even sell many to one person. This is how many illegals, felons, and gangs get their guns and mostly hand guns. It's a loophole but not all people who sell at them are not licensed. If they really want to make a difference they would close this loophole. Going around telling people they can't buy at stores where they are required to wait on background checks is stupid. Not only that you can't buy but so many because it will cause a red flag.
    Dude, I tried one time to get a gun ahead of schedule, even offered the dealer some extra grease to see if he would. I was promptly denied. I made the purchase anyway with no hard feeling ,because I think he knew I wasn't really serious.
    However, i was accosted by four thugs as I started to leave, did the 400 questions, print check, crim background check. After two hours I was kicked loose.
    Should have asked for a copy of the report to take back to the dealer. Would have saved him some time and money......

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •