User Tag List

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718

Thread: NLRB To Nulify RIGHT TO WORK Laws With Proceedural Measures

Alumni Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 29.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBorn View Post
    AFAIK the only direct impact of the forced breakup of Ma Bell was consumers were able to buy phones vs. lease them and long distance rates dropped because MCI didn't have to invest in the infrastructure allowing them to charge less. For all we know, had AT&T not been broken up we may have the Smell-a-phone by now.

I thought AT&T did make stinky phones.

#BlackLIESMatter---Martin Luther King Jr. was a REPUBLICAN!

The Democratic Party. The party of the STUPIDS, for the STUPIDS, by the STUPIDS.

جعل أمريكا كبيره مره أخرى
    I VOTED FOR THE PRESIDENT!

Political Correctness is HATE SPEECH!

THE GREATEST DANGER TO THE USA IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy View Post
    Where does the money come from in your plan? Just a minor issue!
    Taxes. Removing the cap on FICA causes a major inflow of revenue. Increasing the minimum wage to $15 an hour does the same. No change in rates in fact might be able to reduce them a little.

The US spends a huge amount on the military. A lot of it is wasted. If we mind our own business we can probably get more bang for the buck.

I strongly believe their is a massive amount of tax cheating going on. That is why I favor adding auditors. Likewise, most regulations are self enforced because there are not enough regulators to check in every year and most of those stops are pre-announced.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 13.0%

Thanks
    I have been in three unions, Retail Clerks, Railway and Teamsters. At no time did the union get me anything I could not get for myself. At no time did the union treat me with the respect my employer did.

Union members are thugs. No better than the mafia.

When you see someone who is making twice the local average wage complaining about not getting a "living wage" you know you are listening to a stupid and lazy thug.
    "You can get a lot further with a kind word and a gun
    Then you can get with just a kind word"

"Al Capone"

50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Felix Birdbiter View Post
    I have been in three unions, Retail Clerks, Railway and Teamsters. At no time did the union get me anything I could not get for myself. At no time did the union treat me with the respect my employer did.

Union members are thugs. No better than the mafia.

When you see someone who is making twice the local average wage complaining about not getting a "living wage" you know you are listening to a stupid and lazy thug.
    Been in several Unions myself and lot of non-union situations. As an employee you are always better off with a Union.

Very Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class3 months registeredCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan40 View Post
    I thought AT&T did make stinky phones.

Thanks for the chuckle!! BTW, I have T-Mobile, and it's the same shit with them. I'd have to buy a transmitter to get all day reception at home.
    A "natural born Citizen" of the United States is a child born in the USA of two (2) U.S. Citizens. The parents can be Citizens by Birth or they can be Citizens by Naturalization after immigrating to the USA. But to create a "natural born Citizen" of the United States both parents must be Citizens at the time the child is born in the USA.
    https://youtu.be/5oIW5lPsfZM?list=PLF9E30586BCC27FEF

Very Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class3 months registeredCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertLafollet View Post
    Been in several Unions myself and lot of non-union situations. As an employee you are always better off with a Union.

Only if you are too cowardly to negotiate for yourself, or a slug that should have been fired yesterday.
    A "natural born Citizen" of the United States is a child born in the USA of two (2) U.S. Citizens. The parents can be Citizens by Birth or they can be Citizens by Naturalization after immigrating to the USA. But to create a "natural born Citizen" of the United States both parents must be Citizens at the time the child is born in the USA.
    https://youtu.be/5oIW5lPsfZM?list=PLF9E30586BCC27FEF

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 92.0%

Thanks
    In all those cases the effective rate went up. That was why tax revenue went up. However, a problem with your proof is that a sweat spot always exists. A 90% tax rate is obviously above that level. On the other hand Reagan went down to 28% and then found he was below the sweet spot. Personally I think that sweat spot should be about 35%.
    First, you just described the Laffer Curve.

Now...how do you know that the 28 percent was below your "Sweet Spot"? Treasury receipts went UP when the Reagan rates were implemented. Maybe they'd have gone up more with further cuts. Or maybe they'd have stayed the same...imagine that! People benefit from lower tax rates, and the government revenue is not affected.

Of course, that's not what liberals are about. They're about forcing and compelling and punishing. Your god Barry was on record as saying he favored a doubling of Capital Gains taxes, even though the PROOF is there that CUTTING them DOUBLED CapGains tax receipts.

He doesn't want more money in government. He wants to hurt successful people. He's all about GOVERNMENT DEPENDENCE.

Since he cannot grasp that without the productive paying IN so tax-consumers and freeloaders can TAKE...the system cannot WORK...he's obviously stupid. Like liberals are stupid.

As to corporate, we have to much tax cheating going on so we need a lot more auditors. Because of international competition we should drop to about 25%. That would put us in line with the competition and likely make a major increase in the effective tax rate and revenues.
    Corporate income taxes SHOULD NOT EXIST.

Who pays them? "Corporations"? What are corporations?

PEOPLE pay corporate income taxes. Consumers pay some of them; shareholders pay others...depending on the industry and the price-point of its products. And they can and have made viable businesses not workable. In other words, the business with its tax bill couldn't be made to produce a profit.

Without a profit, a business DIES.

Which meant owners, customers, employees and customers of that business...ALL...LOST.

Since people pay taxes, and ONLY people pay taxes, TAX PEOPLE.

Corporate earnings eventually go to PEOPLE. What abolishing corporate taxes would do, is stimulate the economy.

The one rate that should be cut to increase economic activity is the FICA rate. For most people it and sales tax are the most significant taxes they pay. Cutting sales tax would also increase economic activity. That would increase government revenue. Add in a $15 an hour minimum wage and economic activity should really jump.
    In
    FICA shouldn't exist.

AntiSocial inSecurity is a Ponzi Scheme.

But as long as we're going to play...that is the ONE tax that SHOULD NOT be cut. Unless an individual is allowed to "opt out." Of course, you're not in favor of that...liberals are completely ass-backwards on EVERY tax and social issue.

It's like standing on your head and proclaiming the world is upside down.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    Taxes. Removing the cap on FICA causes a major inflow of revenue. Increasing the minimum wage to $15 an hour does the same. No change in rates in fact might be able to reduce them a little.

The US spends a huge amount on the military. A lot of it is wasted. If we mind our own business we can probably get more bang for the buck.

I strongly believe their is a massive amount of tax cheating going on. That is why I favor adding auditors. Likewise, most regulations are self enforced because there are not enough regulators to check in every year and most of those stops are pre-announced.
    Once again I totally disagree with you. I can't believe there are people that think like you.
    This Space for rent $$$$$$

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. (Jon Kabat Zinn)

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy View Post
    Once again I totally disagree with you. I can't believe there are people that think like you.
    THINK? More like allowed themselves to be that ridiculously brainwashed into nonsense.
    #BlackLIESMatter---Martin Luther King Jr. was a REPUBLICAN!

The Democratic Party. The party of the STUPIDS, for the STUPIDS, by the STUPIDS.

جعل أمريكا كبيره مره أخرى
    I VOTED FOR THE PRESIDENT!

Political Correctness is HATE SPEECH!

THE GREATEST DANGER TO THE USA IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

Thread Information