Thread: Cecil the Dead Lion gets More Attention than Millions of Dead Babies

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Overall activity: 17.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    Allow me to remind you that this is election season, this sort of thing is nothing more then partisan politics which both major parties are guilty of doing.
    Oh give it a break. The liberal media has been defending/exposing liberal agendas/policy while demeaning and ignoring Conservative ideology and policy for decades now. Why I bet you can't even name a Conservative journalist or newsman on any of the national TV networks. Open your eyes and take a nasty breath of the double standard hoisted on us by those leftist hacks in the media.
    'Any man under thirty who is not a liberal has no heart, and
    any man over thirty who is not a conservative has no brains.'

'Radicalism is a privilege of youth, conservatism a responsibility of age,
    and every thinking person eventually surrenders the first for the second.'

Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 20.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoons View Post
    And apparently this is not the first time for this guy.

He had to know the lion was being baited.

This isn't sport, it is just murder of animals. The lion population in Africa has decreased drastically, something like half or more. No responsible hunter would put his ego and fantasy ahead of the need to preserve endangered species.
    all that aside, only the country where the "alleged" crime transpired will have jurisdiction, not the US
    Everything is on its way to somewhere
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

3. The Following User Says Thank You to St James For This Useful Post:

Dr. Felix Birdbiter (07-29-2015)

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registeredYour first Group
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    all that aside, only the country where the "alleged" crime transpired will have jurisdiction, not the US

The US can work with Africa and not issue the dude visa if Africa finds him culpable. They can also extradite his sorry ass for trial.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 75.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DonGlock26 View Post
    This lion will get more mainstream media attention that the white woman gunned down by the illegal alien in San Francisco.
    He didn't even HAVE a permit.

Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 20.0%

Thanks
    again, it's not AFrica. It is a county, not a continent. Even then, the US cannot charge him for squat. If all of his papers were in order, and it was off rez, he cannot be held accountable.
    I realize your sensibilities have been offended, and you may take a different moral approach, if all of the above is true, he cannot be held to accounts.
    They can investigate, but cannot charge. The guides have been arrested.
    If I'm a guide, I am responsible for my charge. IF I lead them astray, it is not their fault, but mine.
    How many people are you willing to charge for this? Everyone who agrees with Due Process?
    Last edited by St James; 07-29-2015 at 02:03 PM.
    Everything is on its way to somewhere
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class

Thanks
    Jimmy Kimmel near tears over death of Cecil the Lion: 'This is terrible’

Jimmy Kimmel couldn't hold back his emotions when addressing news of the lion that was slain for sport by a Minneapolis, Minnesota dentist during a hunting trip in Zimbabwe.
    The late-night host slammed Dr. Walter J. Palmer for killing 12-year-old Cecil the Lion, a favorite at Hwange National Park and a tourist draw that was also being tracked for scientific research by Oxford University.
    Kimmel admitted that when he first heard of the story, he was "so relieved" to hear that the animal was hunted and killed by a Spaniard. "I was like, 'This is terrible but thank God this isn't one of us,'" he quipped.

Unfortunately, that was not the case. "Turns out, it was an American," Kimmel said. "It was one of us. It was a dentist from Minnesota who paid $50,000 to shoot the lion."
    The host did read a statement from Dr. Palmer -- who has reportedly closed his dentist office since the story became national news -- who said he thought this was a legal hunt and had no idea the animal was being tracked.

"I deeply regret that my pursuit of an activity I love and practice responsibly and legally resulted in the taking of this lion," Palmer said.
    After reading the doctor's defense, Kimmel really laid into him. "Why are you shooting a lion in the first place?" he said. "I'm honestly curious about why a human being would be compelled to do that. How is that fun?"

Clearly upset about the death of Cecil, Kimmel continued, "Is it that difficult for you to get an erection that you need to kill things? If that's the case, they have a pill for that. It works great."
    Kimmel then compared the doctor to the controversy surrounding Bill Cosby. "Just stay home and swallow it and you save yourself a lifetime of being the most hated man in America who never advertised Jell-O pudding on television," he joked.
    The 47-year-old comedian then encouraged his viewers to support the Wildlife Conservation Research Unit, the organization that was responsible for tracking Cecil as well as other animals.

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 67.0%

Thanks
    I am upset about the Lion and have a rather low opinion of Tom Brady and the Patriots, but I do get the point.

Bias is a lot more than how stories get covered. It is about what gets hyped by liberal pack Journalism and what gets buried as quickly as possible. And it does not help that your average person has a low attention span, and often likes to be told what they should care about or get angry about.

Plenty of liberals in the media to help you do just that.........
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

Bulldog_67 (07-29-2015),DeadEye (07-29-2015),Rita Marley (07-29-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
    I am upset about the Lion and have a rather low opinion of Tom Brady and the Patriots, but I do get the point.

Bias is a lot more than how stories get covered. It is about what gets hyped by liberal pack Journalism and what gets buried as quickly as possible. And it does not help that your average person has a low attention span, and often likes to be told what they should care about or get angry about.

Plenty of liberals in the media to help you do just that.........
    I think the issue here is values. These people can laugh at killing tens of millions of the most innocent people and cry when one lion gets it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rita Marley For This Useful Post:

DeadEye (07-29-2015)

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registeredYour first Group
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Extradite him.

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 13.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    again, it's not AFrica. It is a county, not a continent. Even then, the US cannot charge him for squat. If all of his papers were in order, and it was off rez, he cannot be held accountable.
    I realize your sensibilities have been offended, and you may take a different moral approach, if all of the above is true, he cannot be held to accounts.
    They can investigate, but cannot charge. The guides have been arrested.
    If I'm a guide, I am responsible for my charge. IF I lead them astray, it is not their fault, but mine.
    How many people are you willing to charge for this? Everyone who agrees with Due Process?
    I agree. While I don't understand "trophy hunting" and killing an animal purely for the "sport" this really isn't something the United States government has any say in. If Zimbabwe request the good doctor be extradited and we have an agreement with them then the US can arrest him and turn him over to the Zimbabwe government but he broke no laws in the United States. Fortunately being an asshole is still not illegal in this country.
    "You can get a lot further with a kind word and a gun
    Then you can get with just a kind word"

"Al Capone"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Felix Birdbiter For This Useful Post:

St James (07-29-2015)

Thread Information