User Tag List

Page 1 of 11 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What Does the Confederate Flag mean to you?

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks

What Does the Confederate Flag mean to you?

It doesn't mean white supremacy to me. It doesn't mean i'm wishing I had my slaves back. It doesn't mean hate to me.

Here's what it does mean to me.

The north may have won the war but you can't have our souls and spirit.

It means you won the war, and you get to write the history books but I know the truth and i'm passing it down to my kids and their friends. We've watched you screw this country blind from the minute the war was declared over till today. and you've made a stinking damn mess of it.

It means courage, honor, loyalty, sacrifice, patriotism, love of country, love of family, love of the south, love of chivalry and courtly behavior, wrap around porches and tea and cucumber sandwiches in the afternoon, love of individual freedom, states rights over the intrusive federal government.

It means seasoned cast iron skillets, southern iced tea and ladies wearing pearls all day long.

It means you sent that son of a bitch Sherman through the middle of the south destroying everything he came across but we're still here displaying that flag. and you can't stop that.

It means in spite of your damn carpetbaggers and scalawags that you still have stationed among us, some of us still know that the Second War for Independence was fought for states rights and not over slavery.

I'm not done.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 06-24-2015 at 10:40 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (06-24-2015),Daily Bread (06-24-2015),DeadEye (06-24-2015),Invayne (06-26-2015),Rudy2D (06-24-2015)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    To think that there would be a Confederate flag or even an uprising against the North if it had not been for slavery is absurd.

For that reason, the Confederate flag will forever be demonized and looked down upon.

Don't forget it was the Democrat party who embraced slavery and broke away from the union, but now it is conservatives in the GOP who wish to break away from the union to free us from the slavery of the Prog federal government. It's funny how things turn on their heads.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but contempt for Lincoln for offering the South a Constitutional amendment to make slavery a constitutional right in the South, all just to hold the union together. Luckily they turned it down.

I understand why conservatives identify with the Confederate flag today because they want freedom from the federal beast as well, but is choosing a symbol steeped in slavery the right symbol? I prefer the "Don't tread on me" flag instead.

But does that mean the South should abandon the Confederate flag altogether? I say it is up to them. If those in the state wish to continue to fly it, let them.
    Last edited by Dos Equis; 06-24-2015 at 08:54 PM.
    1 Samuel 8:18 "And they shall cry out in that day because of your king which you have chosen, and the Lord will not hear you in that day."

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dos Equis For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (06-24-2015),Daily Bread (06-24-2015),DeadEye (06-24-2015),Subdermal (06-24-2015)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassOverdriveVeteran
    Overall activity: 69.0%

Thanks
    Ehhh - settle down CJ , quite a few of us up here agree with you . And we have to live in this crap.
    You guys down there - don't give in ! Please , don't give in .
    I go south to analyse the history not to laugh at it . It doesn't even enter my mind that one side won or one side lost . When I'm on a battle field I'm in awe at the courage of kids ,on both sides , being mowed down and the commitments those individuals had to keep it at it for all those years . Something we could never have the stamina to do today .
    They want the flags down and in museums , now Kentucky is going to start taking down statues . I say Bullshit - don't give in . I go to see your history in your states ,in your towns and on your streets . I will never go see it in a museum.
    When does it stop ? Are the plantations going to close down , are we going to take down the signs with the well known war connected names .
    Don't give in because of some politically correct idiots that have no souls . Every true southerner should fly that flag on the fourth of July along with old glory . Not in defiance of the USA but in honor of it .
    IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SLAVERY OF THE 1800s but everything to do with the NEW SLAVERY OF THE 2000s.
    Too many died to give us the freedom to disagree and not impose a will on the other. We can't turn our backs on them.

I am not done.
    Last edited by Daily Bread; 06-24-2015 at 09:01 PM.
    It's time to take off the gloves

Buy It
    Fly It
    Stick It To The Left

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daily Bread For This Useful Post:

DeadEye (06-24-2015),Subdermal (06-24-2015)

Senior Member Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Thanks
    Absolutely nothing whatsoever. It's just a piece of cloth with various dyed colors creating a symbolic representation.
    Check under the bed

-- Judge Crater, 1934

"Looks like the moon is crashing" --Oliver J. Fagworthy, 1946

Those who are blind from birth know no race; only that others are humans.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

KSigMason (06-26-2015),sotmfs (06-24-2015)

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry1 year registered

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    It doesn't mean white supremacy to me. It doesn't mean i'm wishing I had my slaves back. It doesn't mean hate to me.

Here's what it does mean to me.

The north may have won the war but you can't have our souls and spirit.

It means you won the war, and you get to write the history books but I know the truth and i'm passing it down to my kids and their friends. We've watched you screw this country blind from the minute the war was declared over till today. and you've made a stinking damn mess of it.

It means courage, patriotism, love of country, love of family, love of the south, love of chivalry and courtly behavior, wrap around porches and tea and cucumber sandwiches in the afternoon, love of individual freedom, states rights over the intrusive federal government.

It means seasoned cast iron skillets, southern iced tea and ladies wearing pearls all day long.

It means you sent that son of a bitch Sherman through the middle of the south destroying everything he came across but we're still here displaying that flag. and you can't stop that.

It means in spite of your damn carpetbaggers and scalawags that you still have stationed among us, some of us still know that the Second War for Independence was fought for states rights and not over slavery.

I'm not done.
    It heritage to me. My great, great grandpa fought and died in the civil war during the battle of Jonesboro south of Atlanta. He according to my great grandpa who lived to be a 101 and was just a little tyke back then, they owned a small farm half way between Macon and Atlanta. He didn't fight for slavery, he fought for Georgia, his family and to keep the Yankees from taking his farm. Today that is impossible for most people to understand. It was the north who came into the south to force their will, not the other way around. Okay, one battle in Pennsylvania. But outside of that, the whole war was waged in southern territory.

Sherman burned Atlanta to the ground and destroy all of our crops. Had the south won, Sherman would have been tried as a war criminal instead of being a national hero. But that happens when the winners write history. I would say probably less than 10% of the people of the south owned slaves if that. Just the large plantation owners. Not the average southern Joe Blow farmer. What is so hard for most to understand fighting for home and family? Like they wouldn't?

I hope I got the greats right.
    Last edited by perotista; 06-24-2015 at 09:09 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to perotista For This Useful Post:

DeadEye (06-24-2015),Invayne (06-26-2015),Subdermal (06-24-2015)

XTRA SUPER 4EVER BANNED Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience Points1 year registeredCreated Blog entryTagger First Class

Thanks
    It means another tool the bossy, pushy, race hustler crowd is using to transform American society into something of THEIR own design, while the control freaks go trampling on everything and anything standing in their way, no matter whether right or wrong.
    Last edited by protectionist; 06-24-2015 at 09:13 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to protectionist For This Useful Post:

DeadEye (06-24-2015),Subdermal (06-24-2015)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    Absolutely nothing whatsoever. It's just a piece of cloth with various dyed colors creating a symbolic representation.
    I am okay with your opinion. It is a piece of cloth and they're fools for acting like it is a noose staring them in the face. I like that it causes weeping and gnashing of teeth for those who suffer from CFDS.

I am NOT done.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 06-24-2015 at 09:26 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

DeadEye (06-24-2015)

Forum IT Staff, Alumni & VIP IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entryRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Thanks
    The flag is history and heritage. Anyone with even half a brain knows that much. Although we're talking about America. There's too many brainless voters out there.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt For This Useful Post:

Subdermal (06-24-2015)

50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1 year registered

Thanks
    Not as much as the American Flag.
    God sees ALL

18. The Following User Says Thank You to OptimaFemina For This Useful Post:

sotmfs (06-24-2015)

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    I am okay with your opinion. It is a piece of cloth and they're fools for acting like it is a noose staring them in the face. I like that it causes weeping and gnashing of teeth for those who suffer from CFDS.

Thread Information