User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Polygamy: what we were meant to be ... .

Senior Member Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks

Polygamy: what we were meant to be ... .

Polygamy is what was always meant to be the natural state of mankind.

Male sexuality is for the goal of passing on genes as many times as possible. Female sexuality on the other hand is not like a goal but rather like a means to an end, that is to give the best nurturing to an offspring.

No wonder, whilst men can play with many different women, women are much more selective, competing for one type of man ignoring up to 90 % of available men.

In a polygamous society, men take/marry many wives and later in life, when they can afford to provide an environment where women can nurture. In the conning monogamous societies (of the west), this natural path is taken away from men, and both men and women are left with nothing.

Do you think that monogamy works for you?

SocialCreated Album picturesTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Thanks
    You may be on to something, there.

SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Thanks
    Well, I know at least a couple of female persons who are poly-game-ous ... sadly for me.
    Once they through nurturing, they making up for lost time.

Banned Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 42.0%

Thanks
    I choose not to and don't want to be polygamous .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The XL For This Useful Post:

Retired Moderator, Honorary Alumni, VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Arm of Law

Thanks
    Most men seem to have trouble understanding and living with ONE wife. Somebody wants SEVERAL???? Rotsa ruck.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to OceanloverOH For This Useful Post:

Your first GroupSocialTagger First Class25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Thanks
    If someone wants to have many partners, is their decission. I am for. But real polygamy. That is groupal, men+men+women+women
    Smash the chains that limit our freedom.
    Anarchism is that hammer that will smash the chains and liberate the mind from the control of the religion, the liberation of the human body from the control of the property, the freedom from the chains and fetters of the government, is the social order based in the free union of individuals.

Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranOverdrive
    Overall activity: 15.0%

Thanks
    I disagree with the premise. Instinctively, men want to propagate themselves. So do women. Perhaps there is a nurturing difference, but it is sometimes hard to differentiate between nurturing & procreation.. as far as the instinctive bits go. IOW, women can be attracted to multiple partners, too, to ensure successful insemination.

BUT, i think there is a greater instinct for monogamy, which overrides the instinct for multiple partners.. the monogamy part includes the nurturing, protecting, & nesting instincts. Culture generally elevates those instincts, & holds the pure reproduction one in disdain, just as they elevate those who work for food over those who steal it. But even without the cultural support, it is still there.

We currently have a breakdown of our culture, which has left people confused about their lives & purpose.. even their basic instincts are in conflict. Any moral absolutes are driven out, & we're left adrift on a sea of relativity. Sex is distorted into some comic act.. a pure pleasure experience with no other meaning. It is divorced from nurturing, love, or commitment. But that is a deception by propagandists & fools. It is not that way instinctively, but we have been driven to that in our culture. It is the evil twin of an oppressive, victorian view of sex.

I may have a purely physical attraction for another female, but i have my mental & emotional instincts as well. Those keep the purely physical ones from running me, or ruining me! A family unit is a strong basic instinct. It overrides the purely physical ones, unless we are brainwashed into letting those instincts take a subordinate position.

I don't think polygamy is a natural instinct.. it is more of an experiment for those who have had dismal monogamous experiences. Some can do it long enough to make it seem normal, but they usually don't last.. the people split up, eventually.

I see the ongoing assault on morality as more of the root of the breakdown of the family. I don't see breakups being caused by pure physical attraction to other partners, but as empty longings for a utopian illusion presented by our culture & media on what a family is. People think they should find peace & nirvana from a partner. When they don't, they blame the partner. That is simplistic, but imo, it is the new american culture in a nutshell. People get their values from movies & progressive school indoctrination, not family or religion.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to usfan For This Useful Post:

I think pre-selection is evolutionary and natural, but polygamy was an enforced policy because of war. It is more natural for a smaller family sized unit that can more easily be protected from predators.

Banned Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Overall activity: 25.0%

Thanks
    I think people will find a way to try to make people think it's ok to suit their purpose.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roadmaster For This Useful Post:

Calypso Jones (04-03-2013)

SocialCreated Album picturesTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Thanks
    I think God made man on day six to be polygamous. That's why it says a man shall leave his father and mother and cling to his wives. It says those words in different places, but hey, it's within a couple chapters, right?

Thread Information