Thread: Walker budget to bar drug users from food stamps, Medicaid

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 16.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by squidward View Post
    the drug tests probably cost the government more than the benefits they deny.
    Just like border control would be initially more costly than the legalization of illegals but not in the long run.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 82.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sled Dog View Post
    Nah, make it a "for life" disqualifier and suddenly the sums saved are enormous.

Besides, it's immoral to give drug users money stolen from productive people, and it's moral to require tests that detect that abuse.

Finally, simply make the testing random, and people who decline to take the test are also given a life-time disqualifier. Only the guilty fleeth when the cops are searching for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenEyedLady View Post
    Shoild have been done a long time ago. The second step is making sure foodstamps are used for real food instead of twinkies and junk food. Beans, Rice, Raisin bran, regular meats, not shrimp platters and steaks.Fresh vegetables (or Canned, Fruit) Cheese bread. Staples not dessert is what I'm talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ridge Runner View Post
    Scott Walker?
    consider this @Old Ridge Runner, @Sled Dog,

This is not about FRAUD it is about Governor Walker playing to the " DOG WHISTLE" Politics of the worst of his base as he pursues his presidential aspirations"
    Last edited by Karl; 01-31-2015 at 02:55 PM.

Thanks
    Shoild have been done a long time ago. The second step is making sure foodstamps are used for real food instead of twinkies and junk food. Beans, Rice, Raisin bran, regular meats, not shrimp platters and steaks.Fresh vegetables (or Canned, Fruit) Cheese bread. Staples not dessert is what I'm talking about.
    Well @GreenEyedLady first you would have to cut out a lot of GOP corporate Welfare constituents such as Farmers, Ranchers, and Big Food Conglomerates

they WANT the gravy train to keep rolling and the GOP needs their Lobbying Dollars and Campaign contributions

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    BS. Taxpayers should not be giving handouts to people who have the money to buy and use drugs. Period. This has nothing to do with political parties except that Democrats fight any and all attempts to require welfare recipients to be responsible for themselves or anything else.

Money well spent. It should be done nationally. There is no excuse for taking money from working people and giving it to welfare people to buy drugs.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoons View Post
    BS. Taxpayers should not be giving handouts to people who have the money to buy and use drugs. Period. This has nothing to do with political parties except that Democrats fight any and all attempts to require welfare recipients to be responsible for themselves or anything else.

Money well spent. It should be done nationally. There is no excuse for taking money from working people and giving it to welfare people to buy drugs.
    Can you legitimately prove that these folks actually have money to buy drugs or are you just stereotyping

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    Can you prove they're not?
    Progressivism is not progressive. Oppression is ended and equality is achieved not by advancing anyone but by retarding the achievements of some.

Social justice is punitive, not restorative. No one is restored under a progressive system, but people are often punished in order to guarantee equal outcome.

A wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can learn from a wise answer.

Thanks
    Can you prove they're not?
    Well street drugs are very expensive "Blackmarket" commodities and a habit can run hundreds of dollars per day

Now how are the dirt poor gonna raise that kind of scratch

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    Is that what you call proof? You have to have something better than that....
    Progressivism is not progressive. Oppression is ended and equality is achieved not by advancing anyone but by retarding the achievements of some.

Social justice is punitive, not restorative. No one is restored under a progressive system, but people are often punished in order to guarantee equal outcome.

A wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can learn from a wise answer.

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class

Thanks
    http://www.rwjf.org/en/research-publ...re-reform.html

One in 5 ADMIT to using drugs at least once per year. Obviously, since these results are based on people volunteering the information the numbers are likely to be understated.

Equally obviously, welfare recipients who know they are going to be tested for drugs are apt to make an economically rational decision to skip the drugs so as to not lose their checks.

Random drug testing of this group should be cost effective and would serve as a strong motivator for them to not use drugs.

As I said, the taxpayer should not have their hard earned money forcibly taken from them by government and given to drug users.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mainecoons For This Useful Post:

Sled Dog (01-31-2015)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by S L H View Post
    consider this @Old Ridge Runner, @Sled Dog,

This is not about FRAUD it is about Governor Walker playing to the " DOG WHISTLE" Politics of the worst of his base as he pursues his presidential aspirations"
    You have such fine emotions.

Too bad the useless don't have a legitimate claim on my life, my children's lives, my property, or my money.

You want them fed?

YOU feed them.

The people that want to be free are the BEST of his base, those useless fucks you're worried about are the BEST of YOURS.
    Freedom Takes "I Won't". - Eric Frank Russell

We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

1 out of 2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2

= 1/4,194,304
    = "Heads, Always Heads, Heads Every Time"
    = "Rodents Cheating"

Thread Information