User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Pentagon push to extend benefits to same-sex couples stirs debate Read more: http://

  1. #21
    Banned Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 14.0%

    Sinestro/Green Arrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    13,373
    Thanks
    5,397
    Thanked: 2,948
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Why do gays get to change laws and get special privileges? Marriage is one man and one woman. State after state has voted that way. Civil unions would fix that but gays do not want that they want attack the church and want to corrupt any covenant with God.
    Well, not really. Some states have voted against your side. But that's a minor point.

    Does it not bother anyone else that we now leave whether or not our society is free and equal for everyone up to voting?

  2. #22
    Guest
    Guest
    Guest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Real American Thinker View Post
    Well, not really. Some states have voted against your side. But that's a minor point.

    Does it not bother anyone else that we now leave whether or not our society is free and equal for everyone up to voting?
    Gay marriage or gays in the military is not a sign that society is free and equal. It is the opposite, in fact. It is just more government. You cannot vote a free and equal society because that implies a system of force and control.

  3. #23
    Banned Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 14.0%

    Sinestro/Green Arrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    13,373
    Thanks
    5,397
    Thanked: 2,948
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rina_Dragonborn View Post
    Gay marriage or gays in the military is not a sign that society is free and equal. It is the opposite, in fact. It is just more government.
    Not really, no. If we get rid of state recognition of marriage, gay marriage still happens but there's no government involved.

    You cannot vote a free and equal society because that implies a system of force and control.
    Yes, that was my point.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

    ptif219's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    445
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked: 103
    Rep Power
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by Rina_Dragonborn View Post
    No one should get special privileges as long as everyone pays taxes. That includes married people.
    So then if the military is giving benefits to unmarried couples it should be all unmarried couples not just one liberal special interest group

  5. #25
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

    ptif219's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    445
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked: 103
    Rep Power
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by The Real American Thinker View Post
    Well, not really. Some states have voted against your side. But that's a minor point.

    Does it not bother anyone else that we now leave whether or not our society is free and equal for everyone up to voting?
    Then let these couples go to those states and a Military Chaplin will marry them and the military will recognize the marriage. Otherwise if the military is going to give benefits to unmarried couples it should be all unmarried couples not just one of Obama's special interest groups.

  6. #26
    Guest
    Guest
    Guest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So then if the military is giving benefits to unmarried couples it should be all unmarried couples not just one liberal special interest group
    Correct.

  7. #27
    Banned Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Overall activity: 25.0%

    Roadmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    42,628
    Thanks
    6,490
    Thanked: 16,149
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Then let these couples go to those states and a Military Chaplin will marry them and the military will recognize the marriage. Otherwise if the military is going to give benefits to unmarried couples it should be all unmarried couples not just one of Obama's special interest groups.
    Just because those states say yes doesn't mean the Chaplin agrees. If he doesn't you can't force them to marry them.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •