User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: CA dispensaries starting to rip people off

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Thanks

CA dispensaries starting to rip people off

Beware! Dispensaries all over the state of California are starting to rip people off. I don't know what happened, this "just" started happening about a week ago, but I've been getting simultaneous reports from all over the state this last week, from places all up and down the coast like San Diego, San Francisco, and here in Los Angeles.

They're probably getting greedy, is what's happening. Hash prices are up to 50 dollars a gram in some places, and it's still not enough.

So now what they're doing is luring people in with freebies (at least advertising them), and then when they get there it's "oops, we're all out, sorry - oh and by the way, we don't give rain checks". And then they substitute the 10-dollar weed they advertised with 20-dollar weed they didn't, that kind of thing. "Oops, sorry, it's all we have right now".

It's just piss-poor business practices, is all. These punks are new to the business game, and they'll learn. But for now, my message to you the consumer is: this is going on, it's going on all over, and it's going on in volume, so... "beware".

If it continues, I can call the reporters, I have a couple of friends in the news biz that might be interested in a story like this. "Dispensaries rip off sick and dying marijuana patients", that kind of thing. Should make for a pretty good news story on someone's human interest segment.

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 67.0%

Thanks
    SUCKERS!

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    Grow your own and avoid the rip offs.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeadEye For This Useful Post:

Invayne (09-20-2014),michaelr (09-19-2014),RMNIXON (09-19-2014),St James (09-19-2014)

Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks
    Its not piss poor business practices. It's the standard business practice of every drug dealer I ever met. I don't know if a reporter would print a story about dispensaries ripping off sick and dying marijuana users since everyone has already accepted that the fiction of the sick pot patient is a story they tell themselves. Otherwise they'd be nothing more than drug addicts. Even reporters have a bit more integrity.

Remember when obesity was "glandular"? No one stuffed their face. They were fat because of an illness. Pot use is the same excuse. They aren't getting high. It's treatment. No one is fooled.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Katzndogz For This Useful Post:

JustPassinThru (09-20-2014),usfan (10-04-2014)

Ariel Looney Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveTagger First ClassYour first GroupCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    @nonsqtr:

I have a friend that has a farm in Cali,
    and the bureaucrats are cracking down with regulations,
    making it harder and more expensive for the growers to produce.

The friend was using "free" water ~
    a stream, I think he said ~
    and catching rain water,
    but the state is trying to force him to use wells and a water company,

and because Cali is going through a drought,
    it's getting harder and harder to even GET the freebies.
    Got nothing left to prove
    'cuz I've got nothing left to lose

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveSocial3 months registered
    Overall activity: 82.0%

Thanks
    What is a dispensary?

And come on, this is California we're talking about.

The only thing liberals do is strip people of their success and hard earned money.
    She cries, children often do
    When they're cold, and hungry too,
    Come closer, look deeply in her eyes
    So delicate, quite unlike her smile

Life clinging backwards,
    In the fall of dread confusion,
    Still this silence gnaws upon your fingertips,
    All-yielding prayer, for instant isolation,
    Far more sinister than the price of doubt,

Yet you remain,
    Still you remain,

And she says:
    Pray for daylight,
    Pray for morning,
    Pray for an end to our deception,

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EvilObamaClone For This Useful Post:

Albert Reincarnated (09-21-2014),RMNIXON (09-19-2014)

Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks
    Didn't everyone know that once pot was legalized it would be regulated. The street dealers will be the only ones in business.

Overall activity: 48.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Katzndogz View Post
    Its not piss poor business practices. It's the standard business practice of every drug dealer I ever met. I don't know if a reporter would print a story about dispensaries ripping off sick and dying marijuana users since everyone has already accepted that the fiction of the sick pot patient is a story they tell themselves. Otherwise they'd be nothing more than drug addicts. Even reporters have a bit more integrity.

Remember when obesity was "glandular"? No one stuffed their face. They were fat because of an illness. Pot use is the same excuse. They aren't getting high. It's treatment. No one is fooled.
    Well, I happen to be one of those 'misleading' people you're talking about. I've had terminal cancer for a while now (periodically in remission, as God wills it), and pot is one of the only reasons I'm alive right now. Without the pot, I couldn't even eat. So.... YES I'm aware of the punk kids, and NO I'm not one of them.

Look here - this isn't about pot, it's about shady business practices. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the State slapped these clowns with some kinda back-door tax or something, and they're trying to recover it from their customers by cutting back on the freebies and stuff like that - but I'll tell you what, pot is a ten billion dollar a year business, and the state of CA expect a billion a year in tax revenue because of it, and it simply won't do to have the customers getting ripped off.

Which is what this is - it's a ripoff. It's the exact same thing as if Crazy Eddie offers you a free car stereo if you buy the home version from them - and then not only fail to give it to you, but actually refuse to give it to you. That's an open and shut textbook case of false advertising, and the Better Business Bureau will take about three such complaints and then they'll move to the State Attorney General's office to shut the business down.

In the specific case of medical marijuana dispensaries there is also the California Department of Public Health, which is responsible for regulating them. Believe me, they would move instantly against anyone trying any such thing with a prescription pharmaceutical, and I'll betcha if the lawyers and politicians talk to 'em the right way (which they will, when a billion dollars is at stake), they'll move equally as quickly and forcefully against the borderline business like pot dispensaries and liquor stores.

And then if that's not enough, it turns out that 90% of these dispensaries sell FOOD products, which means a quickie phone call to the FDA could generate some heat.

Yes, well, in the last half hour I've gotten two phone calls. One is about a place called Reseda Discount Caregivers, they used to be well known for taking care of their customers, and now they're apparently ripping them off. Another place is called La Brea Caregivers, they had a good rep at one point too. So like, I don't know what to make of this yet. It's real strange that it's happening all over and all at once (I'm kinda hooked in to this stuff, people call me about it, y'know... friends in high places, so to speak ).

Anyway, the deal is, it's business. It has nothing to do with the weed. Consumers want to know we can safely purchase stuff at fair value without getting ripped off.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveSocial3 months registered
    Overall activity: 82.0%

Thanks
    Oh, okay, now I know what one is.

I personally do not believe in medicinal marihuana and believe it is entirely a lie.
    She cries, children often do
    When they're cold, and hungry too,
    Come closer, look deeply in her eyes
    So delicate, quite unlike her smile

Life clinging backwards,
    In the fall of dread confusion,
    Still this silence gnaws upon your fingertips,
    All-yielding prayer, for instant isolation,
    Far more sinister than the price of doubt,

Yet you remain,
    Still you remain,

And she says:
    Pray for daylight,
    Pray for morning,
    Pray for an end to our deception,

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 67.0%

Thanks
    Dopers with phony illness claims and fraudulent doctors notes (they paid cash for and I have seen the billboards) are going to complain about Pot Dealer Bait and Switch?

A practice that is as old as any Used Car Dealership in the State......

Sorry but this is the funniest shit I have read in this Forum for a long time!

Thread Information