User Tag List

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Mood of Americans Has Changed on Immigration

Alumni Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by protectionist View Post
    As recently as last year, it was said by many Republicans that they would have to back Obama's call for amnesty for illegal aliens, if they wanted to get re-elected. Some Republican senators even promoted themselves as amnesty supporters (in the "Gang of 8"). That's all changed now. Most recent polls are showing the tide has turned against immigration, and especially against amnesty for illegal aliens.

Polls are showing a major change in the mood of the public on this issue. One of the conservative pollers that was in favor of amnesty a while ago, the Wall St. Journal, took a new poll on this, and it shows 35 percent say the Republican Party would do a better job on immigration, while only 27 percent say the Democrats would. That’s a dramatic reversal from the previous year.

The approval on amnesty seems to be falling even faster. Just 5 months ago, support for the much-discussed “pathway to citizenship” was 64 percent . That has dropped significantly to to 53 percent in September. Another pollster, the Polling Company Inc., reports that half of Americans age 65 and over support a zero immigration policy. It shouldn't come as a surprise to those who know politics, that this is, by far, the largest voting bloc group in America, who actually show up at the polls and vote.

In yet another poll (Politico), Obama's handling of immigration is opposed by nearly two-thirds of likely voters in battleground races this fall. 64 percent said they disapproved of the president’s handling of the issue, compared to only 35% who backed Obama.

In response to the change in mood throughout the country (including with Hispanics), Obama has postponed his plan to give amnesty to illegal aliens, by executive order, until after the upcoming election. It remains to be seen whether he will follow through on it at all.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/09/immigrati...-common-sense/

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/0...ms-110925.html
    There has been NO CHANGE by this American. I have been and will continue to be completely against illegal immigrants. ALL without any consideration, should be sent back across whatever US border they crossed. They were that nations concern before they broke our laws by illegally entering our nation. Give them back to that nation. The citizenship of the illegals is the concern of the nation that allowed them to cross our border, not our concern.
    Progeny of illegals here should be deported with their illegal parents, NO consideration.

Men, women, and children, NO consideration,,,,,,,RETURN TO SENDER!

We have a legal immigration system that allows over a million LEGAL immigrants to the USA each year. That system should be protected. Illegal, criminals, destroy the integrity of our legal immigration system.

I have assisted LEGAL immigrants to come here. Assisted some in becoming American citizens. And married a legal immigrant. [one that I had no involvement in her legal immigration]

Illegals, SEND THEM BACK. They have NO rights or claims on the USA.
    #BlackLIESMatter---Martin Luther King Jr. was a REPUBLICAN!

The Democratic Party. The party of the STUPIDS, for the STUPIDS, by the STUPIDS.

جعل أمريكا كبيره مره أخرى
    I VOTED FOR THE PRESIDENT!

Political Correctness is HATE SPEECH!

THE GREATEST DANGER TO THE USA IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dan40 For This Useful Post:

Trinnity (09-16-2014)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    Legal immigration
    Last edited by goosey; 09-16-2014 at 05:06 PM.
    Getting stricter with my ignore function.

Senior Member Achievements:
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by protectionist View Post
    As recently as last year, it was said by many Republicans that they would have to back Obama's call for amnesty for illegal aliens, if they wanted to get re-elected. Some Republican senators even promoted themselves as amnesty supporters (in the "Gang of 8"). That's all changed now. Most recent polls are showing the tide has turned against immigration, and especially against amnesty for illegal aliens.

Polls are showing a major change in the mood of the public on this issue. One of the conservative pollers that was in favor of amnesty a while ago, the Wall St. Journal, took a new poll on this, and it shows 35 percent say the Republican Party would do a better job on immigration, while only 27 percent say the Democrats would. That’s a dramatic reversal from the previous year.

The approval on amnesty seems to be falling even faster. Just 5 months ago, support for the much-discussed “pathway to citizenship” was 64 percent . That has dropped significantly to to 53 percent in September. Another pollster, the Polling Company Inc., reports that half of Americans age 65 and over support a zero immigration policy. It shouldn't come as a surprise to those who know politics, that this is, by far, the largest voting bloc group in America, who actually show up at the polls and vote.

In yet another poll (Politico), Obama's handling of immigration is opposed by nearly two-thirds of likely voters in battleground races this fall. 64 percent said they disapproved of the president’s handling of the issue, compared to only 35% who backed Obama.

In response to the change in mood throughout the country (including with Hispanics), Obama has postponed his plan to give amnesty to illegal aliens, by executive order, until after the upcoming election. It remains to be seen whether he will follow through on it at all.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/09/immigrati...-common-sense/

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/0...ms-110925.html

Yes well that can happen when you have huge protests waving foreign flags, pissing on the American flag, threatening natural citizens with bodily harm if they don't acquiesce to open border invasion, referring to the White Population as PUTA-PEOPLE, basically telling breadwinners that they are going to support the invaders with their hard earned dollars or their possessions will be taken from them anyway....so on and so forth. I mean talk about being bad house guests with presumptions and delusions of granduer.......

Whitey has finally had enough and Darky now knows that JOSE is not here to be his brother.....but to eliminate him and take his place on the welfare roles.

JO
    Last edited by Justoffal; 09-16-2014 at 05:08 PM.
    Oh brutiful for specious lies
    for bullshit on parade
    For domineering travesties
    and scared trust betrayed

Ahhhhmereekkka, Ahhhmereekkka
    Bounce proud on Stalin's Knee
    Now whip those fools
    with Fascist tools
    and tell them how to Pee!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justoffal For This Useful Post:

Trinnity (09-16-2014)

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points7 days registered
    Overall activity: 84.0%

Thanks
    I learned about the French, the hard way, In 1949/50 and unfortunately even more so in 56/57 At that time I was stationed in Chambley, France.

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DriftingSand View Post
    Bush was all for it a long time ago. Reagan was the first to offer amnesty so it comes as no surprise that Republicans would put votes before the law of the land. They can all stick it where the sun don't shine!!!!!!!!!
    You are woefully uninformed. Reagan agreed to give amnesty to those already in country, not "anyone who can get across the border". And he did it in exchange for spending cuts from the dems. He kept his end of the bargain but they never forked up the cuts. He said it was something he deeply regretted because they tricked him and reneged.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Katzndogz View Post
    Reagan realized too late that democrats lied and hoodwinked him. It was his greatest regret.
    Funny you wrote this...I just said so too, and had not yet read your post.

Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DriftingSand View Post
    One of our better Presidents in recent history but he still signed the papers. He knew the treachery of the Dems and shouldn't have fallen for anything.
    I disagree. Dems have gotten more greedy and less trustworthy in my lifetime. I've seen it happen. Blaming Reagan is reprehensible.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

Alumni Member Achievements:
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goosey View Post
    Legal immigration

You are against,,,,,LEGAL IMMIGRATION?

And where do you stand in re: ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION?

And please don't tell me you are a relative of Fauxcohontas Warren.
    #BlackLIESMatter---Martin Luther King Jr. was a REPUBLICAN!

The Democratic Party. The party of the STUPIDS, for the STUPIDS, by the STUPIDS.

جعل أمريكا كبيره مره أخرى
    I VOTED FOR THE PRESIDENT!

Political Correctness is HATE SPEECH!

THE GREATEST DANGER TO THE USA IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

XTRA SUPER 4EVER BANNED Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience Points1 year registeredCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CBHype View Post
    Here's another little tidbit you won't see on the nightly news.
    You can bet affirmative action has played its nasty, racist part in that. Not only are there less jobs available for white Americans, but even when they do get a chance to compete, they go to the back of the line behind my brown-skinned cousins (I'm half-Hispanic-Central American)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to protectionist For This Useful Post:

Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goosey View Post
    It takes a rare person to not realize that removing manufacturing is just plain weird.

I think it's a reflection of the people that invented neoconservativism. They don't like manual labour so they don't understand about good honest work and how beneficial it is, how far it reaches.
    You're wrong. We love self-reliance that comes from working and crafting. The problem is the dems have been raising taxes and spending wildly for so long, they've driven jobs and business out of America. We have the world's second highest corporate tax rates, only behind Japan. As usual, the dems lie and rob and the uninformed swallow the lies and blame "the other party".

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

Thread Information