User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Do You? Will you? Rely on Social Security during Retirement?

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 78.0%

Thanks
    The Govt has been draining our Social Security........

Man.....and they charge Trump with FRAUD?

New US Treasury data show a $175 trillion shortfall in Social Security and Medicare.

The federal government has spent decades raiding social security and Medicare to spend every penny they could. The "trust fund" is filled with US Treasury debt.

That means when Social Security needs more money to cover benefits (social security taxes don't cover all benefits) the govt has to sell even more debt into the public markets to cover the deficits.

(20) Wall Street Silver on X: "New US Treasury data show a $175 trillion shortfall in Social Security and Medicare. The federal government has spent decades raiding social security and Medicare to spend every penny they could. The "trust fund" is filled with US Treasury debt. That means when Social Security…" / X (twitter.com)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to What'sThat? For This Useful Post:

Earl (03-28-2024),Hillofbeans (03-28-2024)

Senior Member Achievements:
    Overall activity: 28.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by What'sThat? View Post
    In the meantime......

We are

in the midst of an ongoing banking crisis

in the midst of double-digit inflation

both the Stock Market and housing valuations are WAY over inflated

and we just imported 10 million illegals that are mostly....either uneducated...unskilled...or criminals dependent on Govt handouts

What could go wrong?
    Who said we're "in the midst of an ongoing banking crisis"? Gold dealers?
    Last edited by Fall River; 03-28-2024 at 09:37 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fall River View Post

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fall River View Post
    New York Community Bank stock, $NYCB, the bank that acquired the collapsed Signature Bank, falls 40% after earnings.

The bank announced that they will be cutting their dividend by 70% to meet regulatory requirements.

They also reported a 4th quarter LOSS of $260 million while expectations were for a GAIN of that size.

This comes just a few weeks before the Fed's emergency loan program is set to expire.

Some small banks are still feeling the pain.

(20) The Kobeissi Letter on X: "BREAKING: New York Community Bank stock, $NYCB, the bank that acquired the collapsed Signature Bank, falls 40% after earnings. The bank announced that they will be cutting their dividend by 70% to meet regulatory requirements. They also reported a 4th quarter LOSS of $260… https://t.co/18QmW6PHB6" / X (twitter.com)

The regional bank problem from last March was delayed by the The Fed’s BTFP which ends in March 2024. Expect over 2024 & 2025 regional bank issues to intensify and consolidation by larger Money Center Banks.

(20) Edward Dowd on X: "The regional bank problem from last March was delayed by the The Fed’s BTFP which ends in March 2024. Expect over 2024 & 2025 regional bank issues to intensify and consolidation by larger Money Center Banks." / X (twitter.com)

The problem isn't that liquidity is being taken away, it's that the banks will be unable to access new liquidity.

This is why I keep telling people, the crisis isn't coming in 12 months when BTFP loans expire. Regional bank failures will begin after BTFP ends on Mar 11.

(20) Financelot on X: "The problem isn't that liquidity is being taken away, it's that the banks will be unable to access new liquidity. This is why I keep telling people, the crisis isn't coming in 12 months when BTFP loans expire. Regional bank failures will begin after BTFP ends on Mar 11." / X (twitter.com)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to What'sThat? For This Useful Post:

Earl (03-28-2024)

50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Thanks
    To the OP: keep in mind that the government is not giving us anything. They are returning our money that we were forced to give them. In a perfect world, no one would have to depend on the government at all. I don't really need my SS payments but I started as soon as I could. Fuck waiting until 70. A bird in the hand ...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to covfefe saved us For This Useful Post:

Wilson2 (04-04-2024)

Overall activity: 28.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by What'sThat? View Post
    New York Community Bank stock, $NYCB, the bank that acquired the collapsed Signature Bank, falls 40% after earnings.

The bank announced that they will be cutting their dividend by 70% to meet regulatory requirements.

They also reported a 4th quarter LOSS of $260 million while expectations were for a GAIN of that size.

This comes just a few weeks before the Fed's emergency loan program is set to expire.

Some small banks are still feeling the pain.

(20) The Kobeissi Letter on X: "BREAKING: New York Community Bank stock, $NYCB, the bank that acquired the collapsed Signature Bank, falls 40% after earnings. The bank announced that they will be cutting their dividend by 70% to meet regulatory requirements. They also reported a 4th quarter LOSS of $260… https://t.co/18QmW6PHB6" / X (twitter.com)

The regional bank problem from last March was delayed by the The Fed’s BTFP which ends in March 2024. Expect over 2024 & 2025 regional bank issues to intensify and consolidation by larger Money Center Banks.

(20) Edward Dowd on X: "The regional bank problem from last March was delayed by the The Fed’s BTFP which ends in March 2024. Expect over 2024 & 2025 regional bank issues to intensify and consolidation by larger Money Center Banks." / X (twitter.com)

The problem isn't that liquidity is being taken away, it's that the banks will be unable to access new liquidity.

This is why I keep telling people, the crisis isn't coming in 12 months when BTFP loans expire. Regional bank failures will begin after BTFP ends on Mar 11.

(20) Financelot on X: "The problem isn't that liquidity is being taken away, it's that the banks will be unable to access new liquidity. This is why I keep telling people, the crisis isn't coming in 12 months when BTFP loans expire. Regional bank failures will begin after BTFP ends on Mar 11." / X (twitter.com)

Outlook for the banking industry in the U.S. - Google Search

"The U.S. banking industry has found greater stability following bank failures in March and April of 2023 and we expect most banks to perform well and build capital in 2024." (Jan. 2024) (Scroll down a bit to the black print)

I have an investment in one of the top ten banks and couldn't be happier. The stock is doing well and paying a great dividend.

With about 5,000 banks in the U.S. you will always find winners and losers at any given time, just as you would find winners and losers in any industry.
    Last edited by Fall River; 03-30-2024 at 10:54 AM.

50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 22.0%

Thanks
    To the OP >>>

I want nothin ta do with any business or agency that can't secure it's depositors money and ID...

I'm not rich, but at my age, quality of life is better, not worryin about receiving any money from a broke-down agency...and

those who owe me money never bother me again.

Somewhere nice Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 73.0%

Thanks
    The U.K. government is taking 40% of my pension pot. In doing that it has made it a worthless venture to save for private pensions.

It's better to put your money into a high interest fund or carry on working till you drop.
    Vote Reform U.K.

Rip Wes.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post:

What'sThat? (03-30-2024)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 22.0%

Thanks
    175 trillion lol no way

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillofbeans View Post
    175 trillion lol no way
    I share you decide

$175 sounds astronomical......but consider

In 2023, there were Treasuries of $22.7 Trillion issued, which is more than what was issued in 2020 during Covid.

(20) Reef Insights on X: "Impact of Treasury Issuances on the Yield Curve In February 2024, there were over $2.5 Trillion U.S. Treasury securities issued. In 2023, there were $22.7 Trillion issued, which is more than what was issued in 2020. We decided to take this opportunity to provide a brief… https://t.co/2lKmVEAoUJ" / X (twitter.com)

From what I read........

The "trust fund" is filled with US Treasury debt......plus the SS shortfall of $23 trillion.......totals to $______

When Treasury auctions dont go as well as anticipated....what do they do????? China and others have been dumping our treasuries.....and recent auctions have not been going well

Around 35 years ago, the Wall Street Journal reported that the "money" in the Social Security Trust Fund was a collection of paper Treasurey Bonds

(20) Greggrobrichmond on X: "@WallStreetSilv Around 35 years ago, the Wall Street Journal reported that the "money" in the Social Security Trust Fund was a collection of paper Treasurey Bonds in a file cabinet in West Virginia. Now the "money" is computer flle somewhere. The system was killed by granting cost of living…" / X (twitter.com)

Sounds like a shell game

One must remember that our debt and deficit figures don't include the social security deficit. Just like how inflation figures leave out important segments and employment figures are manipulated. Our government is worse than Enron.

(20) Rickie Miyake on X: "@WallStreetSilv That's right, one must remember that our debt and deficit figures don't include the social security deficit. Just like how inflation figures leave out important segments and employment figures are manipulated. Our government is worse than Enron." / X (twitter.com)

The US Treasury's report on a $175 trillion shortfall in Social Security and Medicare highlights a critical issue: decades of government spending from these "trust funds" have left them filled with debt. As social security taxes fail to cover benefits, the government's reliance on selling more debt to cover deficits puts these vital programs' sustainability at risk.

(20) Roha on X: "@WallStreetSilv The US Treasury's report on a $175 trillion shortfall in Social Security and Medicare highlights a critical issue: decades of government spending from these "trust funds" have left them filled with debt. As social security taxes fail to cover benefits, the government's reliance…" / X (twitter.com)
    Last edited by What'sThat?; 03-30-2024 at 03:37 PM.

Thread Information