User Tag List

Members banned from this thread: What'sThat?

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump: we have to be more moderate on abortion

ADMIN IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteranYour first Group
    Overall activity: 77.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Yea, I don't get the abortion thing. The SC left it up to the states, end of story. But it sure keeps the Dems whipped up into a frenzy since they don't have much else to run on.
    Oh I get it bigly. SC sent it to the states as it should be but some of the red states went scortched earth on it and gave the Left unlimited ammo. "See? We told you they'd go nuts".

and
    they
    did

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

old dog (03-27-2024)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    The will of the people even in a state is sometimes rejected by politicians and once something has been done it is hard to overturn it even with a significant majority.

It has become increasingly clear that loudest most violent screamers get their way and do it even to criminality without repercussion.
    Without freedom there is no life, I will not be ruled by any man!! THERE IS ONLY ONE KING

ADMIN IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteranYour first Group
    Overall activity: 77.0%

Thanks
    I warned ya.

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Overall activity: 99.3%

Thanks
    Democrats are not stupid. They'll push the IVF issue and extreme abortion legislation (no rape exemptions &ct.) and microtarget women especially young women to turn out and vote.

There are lots of issues to reject Biden on but, for many, an extremely personal one will decide.

And we should note that approximately the same ratio carried over to people who voted a straight party ticket. This can tip the whole ballot. Just pull one lever and say FU.

https://results.enr.clarityelections.com/AL/Madison/120698/web.317647/#/summary

And this is a deep red district:

Screenshot from 2024-03-27 12-12-33.png

Last edited by old dog; 03-27-2024 at 01:14 PM.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

God created men, Col. Colt made them equal.

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 12icer View Post
    The will of the people even in a state is sometimes rejected by politicians and once something has been done it is hard to overturn it even with a significant majority.

It has become increasingly clear that loudest most violent screamers get their way and do it even to criminality without repercussion.
    The nutjobs at the two extremes, abortion for nine months and then some and using condoms is murder, are equally absurd. We have to think that some day the nutjobs will have to grow up and be rational but no one is betting on it.

Trump has his flaws but I don't think being influenced by screamers is one of them. He's simply an adult.
    Last edited by patrickt; 03-27-2024 at 09:07 PM.

Thanks
    Abortion is a top concern for Trump as he considers his VP pick

PALM BEACH, Fla. — Last month at Mar-a-Lago, former President Donald Trump was dining on the outdoor patio, engaging in his regular habit of stopping by the tables of club members and talking about whatever issue was top of mind.

According to two sources close to Trump, including the person at the dinner, Trump has been laser-focused on the abortion issue, especially when it comes to his vice presidential pick. He sees it as the one major advantage for Democrats and a vulnerability for Republicans.

“The president understands it as a treacherous issue — one that you can actually trip up and fall on your face with,” said the source, a person familiar with his thinking. The person added that Trump would most likely not risk picking “someone with a six-week ban in their discussions or someone without any commitment on the exceptions.”

“He’s concerned it will have a drag on the ticket if they’re seen as holding too staunch a position,” the person said.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...ick-rcna142264
    Want someone with moderate mainstream views? Tulsi.

The best would be for Trump to rule out any Federal ban as being outside the Enumerated Powers and at odds with the SCOTUS decision to leave it to the states.
    Last edited by old dog; 03-27-2024 at 11:48 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

old dog (04-04-2024)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 84.0%

Thanks
    Trump would be foolish to go down that rabbit hole.

Leave it to the states...... where this belongs........but discourage national actions against abortion

Leave it to the States

And please....they are NOT losing over abortion.......although recognized as a hot button issue
    Last edited by What'sThat?; 04-04-2024 at 04:57 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to What'sThat? For This Useful Post:

old dog (04-04-2024)

Thanks
    I hope he stresses it is a State issue and will oppose any Unconstitutional Federal ban.

Remember, there is NO federal law on murder, robbery (except presumed inter-state bank robbery) or rape ... it is not in the Enumerated Powers.

Thread Information