User Tag List

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 171

Thread: Outrage Over Botched Execution

  1. #11
    Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranOverdrive
    Overall activity: 46.0%

    usfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    12,888
    Thanks
    14,523
    Thanked: 9,042
    Rep Power
    21474855
    It wouldn't surprise me if this was some kind of deliberate liberal fuck up.. like fast & furious, to try to bring attention to the 'pain & suffering' of the death penalty. There are very fast, effective, & painless ways to end someone's life. This obviously didn't get enough testing.. perhaps some compassionate volunteers? To ease the suffering of the condemned?
    I am used to men who mock and scorn things beyond their comprehension. ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832

  2. #12
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 22.0%

    Sentinel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,369
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked: 341
    Rep Power
    37549
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
    I see your point but the states are held to higher standards than those they are trying to put out of business.
    A clean and painless execution for an Africanamerican monster is not a "higher standard", it's a perverse standard brought to us by the people who would not only prefer no monster is ever executed. Brought to us by the people who think punishment should be based on thoughts/beliefs, not on aggression against others.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sentinel For This Useful Post:

    usfan (04-30-2014)

  4. #13
    Banned Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 44.0%

    Rudy2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,897
    Thanks
    2,664
    Thanked: 1,293
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolwalker View Post
    Here is where I take major flack...I am opposed to the death penalty. I feel for anyone who has to suffer, good or bad people. Punishment shouldn't be death, that is an escape from punishment. Murderers should get Life with no luxuries at all, just 3 meals a day...no books, no tv, no letters, no cigarettes, no contact with anyone but guards and never parole. They should spend the remainder of their life thinking about what they did.
    You'd make a good Fundie. They believe that God will so torture the unsaved--for eternity. Except no meals.

  5. #14
    Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 87.0%

    JustPassinThru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    New California
    Posts
    55,550
    Thanks
    11,395
    Thanked: 42,767
    Rep Power
    21474898
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolwalker View Post
    Here is where I take major flack...I am opposed to the death penalty. I feel for anyone who has to suffer, good or bad people. Punishment shouldn't be death, that is an escape from punishment. Murderers should get Life with no luxuries at all, just 3 meals a day...no books, no tv, no letters, no cigarettes, no contact with anyone but guards and never parole. They should spend the remainder of their life thinking about what they did.
    Life...doesn't mean life, not anymore. Life means about ten years.

    Life-sentence convicts are FREQUENTLY out and killing again. And all the legislation done today, don't affect what's done in ten years, legislative reversals and whatnot - especially with budget crunches that are common and will become more so.

    Whether you live by logic or by the Bible, capital punishment is sanctioned and required. Statistics show that in states where capital punishment is freely invoked in homicide convictions, murders are LESS than average.

    As for the Bible, it's position is plain: Whosoever sheddeth the blood of any man, by man shall his blood be shed.

  6. #15
    Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Overall activity: 0%

    Coolwalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Norfolk, Virginia
    Posts
    33,624
    Thanks
    20,021
    Thanked: 29,442
    Rep Power
    21474876
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy2D View Post
    You'd make a good Fundie. They believe that God will so torture the unsaved--for eternity. Except no meals.
    I am hardly a religious fundamentalist. I'm catholic. I don't believe in abortions or in the death penalty, but I don't charm snakes or talk in tongues, so back that truck up.
    All Democrats are not Socialists, but all Socialists are Democrats.

  7. #16
    Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranOverdrive
    Overall activity: 46.0%

    usfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    12,888
    Thanks
    14,523
    Thanked: 9,042
    Rep Power
    21474855
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy2D View Post
    You'd make a good Fundie. They believe that God will so torture the unsaved--for eternity. Except no meals.
    Walker is very consistent in his views.. his ideology is coherent, not flitting from one absurd pose to another.

    I find it much more troubling how the left can support abortion, for instance, & oppose the death penalty. Both of those are rooted in a 'sanctity of life' ideal. I see consistency in that.
    I am used to men who mock and scorn things beyond their comprehension. ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to usfan For This Useful Post:

    Coolwalker (04-30-2014),countryboy (04-30-2014),fyrenza (04-30-2014),Sheldonna (04-30-2014)

  9. #17
    Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 87.0%

    JustPassinThru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    New California
    Posts
    55,550
    Thanks
    11,395
    Thanked: 42,767
    Rep Power
    21474898
    Quote Originally Posted by usfan View Post
    I find it much more troubling how the left can support abortion, for instance, & oppose the death penalty. Both of those are rooted in a 'sanctity of life' ideal. I see consistency in that.
    Yes.

    I don't doubt the convictions or sincerity or goodwill of conservatives or Religious Right types who oppose capital punishment.

    They're consistent in their beliefs and views. Only misguided, IMO - both in Biblical teachings and real-world results.

  10. #18
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

    Hansel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,384
    Thanks
    214
    Thanked: 803
    Rep Power
    886385
    Quote Originally Posted by usfan View Post
    Walker is very consistent in his views.. his ideology is coherent, not flitting from one absurd pose to another.

    I find it much more troubling how the left can support abortion, for instance, & oppose the death penalty. Both of those are rooted in a 'sanctity of life' ideal. I see consistency in that.
    I think the idea of supporting abortion comes from doing it early in the term before the fetus becomes a viable person to be. It is a value call.

    When you look at the living hell most of the slum kids go thru then abortion might be a Godsend. Kids from indigent families are often malnourished and often have next to no dental care or even the basic healthcare. My ex was such a person and her kids were in one hell of a shape. You can heal the physical scars but it is hard to heal their mental scars. Once the slum mentality sets in on a kid it is hard to shake it.

  11. #19
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

    Hansel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,384
    Thanks
    214
    Thanked: 803
    Rep Power
    886385
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    Life...doesn't mean life, not anymore. Life means about ten years.

    Life-sentence convicts are FREQUENTLY out and killing again. And all the legislation done today, don't affect what's done in ten years, legislative reversals and whatnot - especially with budget crunches that are common and will become more so.

    Whether you live by logic or by the Bible, capital punishment is sanctioned and required. Statistics show that in states where capital punishment is freely invoked in homicide convictions, murders are LESS than average.

    As for the Bible, it's position is plain: Whosoever sheddeth the blood of any man, by man shall his blood be shed.
    The slammer needs to be made much less attractive than it is now. Hell, for a loser three hots and a cot beats working, and they are with their peers. Not much sex, at least the hetero type, but plenty of drugs. What a deal, and on our dime. Those mangy sobs need to be put breaking rocks with rubber hammers.

  12. #20
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteranTagger First ClassCreated Album pictures
    Awards:
    Community AwardMost Popular
    Overall activity: 12.0%

    Sheldonna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,271
    Thanks
    7,098
    Thanked: 9,528
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ridge Runner View Post
    http://apnews.myway.com/article/2014...4de86edee.html



    Why is this a topic? This curr Lockett is a four time felon who shotgunned a 19 year old woman and than forced her friends to bury her alive. Why in the world would anyone worry how painful or gruesome his death is? Our society should not being taking the side of a total loser like Lockett over that of the pain and gruesome murder of his 19 year old victim.
    This was deliberate. There's no way to botch an execution by accident. And this "new drug" wouldn't have caused what happened here. The anti-death penalty leftists are willing to do ANYthing necessary (even sabotage resulting in torture) to further their agenda.

    That said, I believe lethal injection to be the most humane execution method. And how hard does it have to be? They hook up an IV that delivers a pleasant, high-inducing drug into your veins...which makes you feel like you are floating and makes you not give a damn WHAT they do to you. Like when you have surgery, it is a stress-relieving experience. Then, once you are completely unconscious, they inject the drug that stops your heart. Your last thoughts were floaty, pleasant ones. The only difference between this and surgery is....from this you never wake up. THAT is humane. Hell, they use it on animals....and PETA wouldn't allow it if not. Right?

    So to "botch" this execution was an attempt by the left to demonize lethal injections everywhere. Problem is....we have enough stupid people in the USA (now)....that might fall for it.
    Last edited by Sheldonna; 04-30-2014 at 11:50 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •