User Tag List

Thread: Waitresses in Saskatchewan lose jobs to foreign workers

Banned Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Overall activity: 25.0%

Thanks

Waitresses in Saskatchewan lose jobs to foreign workers

Sandy Nelson can't fight back the tears as she talks about losing her long-term serving job to temporary foreign workers.
    "How can that be right, that they're not Canadians? I'm a Canadian," said Nelson, 58, who worked at Brothers Classic Grill and Pizza [previously called El Rancho] in Weyburn, Sask., for 28 years.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...kers-1.2615157

Senior Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupTagger Second ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    Sandy Nelson can't fight back the tears as she talks about losing her long-term serving job to temporary foreign workers.
    "How can that be right, that they're not Canadians? I'm a Canadian," said Nelson, 58, who worked at Brothers Classic Grill and Pizza [previously called El Rancho] in Weyburn, Sask., for 28 years.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...kers-1.2615157
    Welcome to America!

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 68.0%

Thanks
    28 years waiting on tables?

She needs to GET A LIFE. Getting sacked is probably the best thing that could happen to her; in any event, being buried in a pizza joint for over a generation the WORST thing to happen or for her to allow to happen.

That's not a job. It's barely survival. Jobs like that weren't even INTENDED, by rational people, to be careers.

Banned Achievements:

Thanks
    I have known woman to raise kids off waiting tables. Get in the right restaurant and they make very good money. Still it isn't fair just like in America replacing them with temp foreign workers. I guess that's one of those jobs Canadians won't do.

Social50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupTagger Second ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    28 years waiting on tables?

She needs to GET A LIFE. Getting sacked is probably the best thing that could happen to her; in any event, being buried in a pizza joint for over a generation the WORST thing to happen or for her to allow to happen.

That's not a job. It's barely survival. Jobs like that weren't even INTENDED, by rational people, to be careers.
    If that is what a person loves doing then WTF is wrong with doing it?

Created Album picturesSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Serving tables is a relational job. Just how awful do you have to be in order to be replaced by a foreigner? The restaurant isn't going to make more money by saving it on hiring cheaper wait staff.
    The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
    -Albert Camus

Away for a while.

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 68.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    I have known woman to raise kids off waiting tables. Get in the right restaurant and they make very good money. Still it isn't fair just like in America replacing them with temp foreign workers. I guess that's one of those jobs Canadians won't do.
    Well...I dunno. Does the OWNER have anything to say about it?

Actually he may not even. "Foreign worker," huh? There is not a guaranteed right of Free Speech in Canada as in the United States; and in some aspects there is a hard Political Speech code that's backed up by LAW.

Employment opportunity may be another. Or it may be these wonderful "Foreign Workers" threatened to get the Canadian goobermint involved - and goobermint would shut him down and jail him for unlawful discrimination.

What's he to do? Legal Canadian citizens don't have such rights or legal champions; not unlike the situation Stateside. So this woman gets sacked and the pizza-joint owner gets to keep his business.

At least for a time. Betcha eventually these "Foreign Workers" wind up OWNING the joint - after a lawsuit or civil penalties by the Canadian PC police.

Banned Achievements:

Thanks
    No they are using a excuse saying "well they would be forced to go back". These groups are suppose to hire Canadians first and temps only at last resort but fired all and went with temps. I am sure they are getting kickbacks for this and people should boycott this place.

Thread Information