User Tag List

Thread: NPR station to stop airing coronavirus briefings over 'false' information

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive1 year registered
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks

NPR station to stop airing coronavirus briefings over 'false' information

Stimulus bill includes $75 million for parent Corporation for Public Broadcasting

President Donald J. Trump, joined by Vice President Mike Pence and members of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, participates a coronavirus (COVID-19) update briefing Tuesday, March 24, 2020, in the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room of the White House. (Official White House photo by Joyce N. Boghosian)

NPR's local station in the Seattle area said Tuesday it won't air the daily White House coronavirus task force briefings live, claiming they are distributing false misinformation.

"KUOW is monitoring White House briefings for the latest news on the coronavirus ó and we will continue to share all news relevant to Washington State with our listeners," the radio station said on Twitter.

"However, we will not be airing the briefings live due to a pattern of false or misleading information provided that cannot be fact checked in real time."

White House spokesman Judd Deere, according to the Washington Examiner, reacted.

"It's not surprising, but also a failure of their duty to the American people, that some media outlets would choose to block their audiences from receiving accurate, up-to-date information on President Trumpís whole-of-government approach to slowing the spread of COVID-19," Deere said.

Meanwhile, the $2.2 trillion Senate coronavirus bill includes $75 million for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, which funds NPR, Fox News reported.

Nancy Barnes, NPR's senior vice president, told the Washington Examiner that editorial coverage decisions are "based on the news environment in any given hour, on any given day; our decision regarding providing live coverage of the White House daily COVID-19 briefings is no different."

"Today, we have decided to lean into our original reporting and analysis on our daily programs like 'Morning Edition' and 'All Things Considered' while offering our Member Stations a live stream of the White House briefings on a separate channel, but our coverage decisions will continue to evolve daily," she said.

The Examiner quoted local talk-radio host Jason Rantz of KTTH, who, like the White House, said he was not surprised by the local NPR affiliate's decision.

"Given the new polling by Gallup, perhaps they thought the president was doing too good a job? If they have complaints about false information, they could, you know, do their jobs and correct the record," he said.

"This is likely more driven by an angry, progressive Seattle base of listeners that complained. They're simply triggered by the president's voice, still upset they lost in 2016," said Rantz.

"Their staff is full of progressive activists masquerading as honest journalists," he continued. "It's not so much that I care they're progressive and have an agenda; it's that they pretend not to. And this exposes them for what they are. But, hey, it's Seattle. They'll probably be called brave for keeping important information from the public."

https://www.wnd.com/2020/03/npr-stat...ntent=breaking

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Molly Pitcher For This Useful Post:

2cent (03-26-2020),Bondo (03-26-2020),HawkTheSlayer (03-25-2020),Hillofbeans (03-25-2020),Lone Gunman (03-25-2020),Red Lily (03-25-2020)

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation First Class
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    No one will miss them.
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

Lone Gunman (03-25-2020),Molly Pitcher (03-25-2020)

Venator Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 38.0%

Thanks
    they'll be busy airing their own false information and continuing to bash trump at taxpayer expense.

win/win for the sjw asshat crowd.
    Μολών λαβέ

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lone Gunman For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (03-25-2020),HawkTheSlayer (03-25-2020),Molly Pitcher (03-25-2020)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 29.0%

Thanks
    I rarely listen to Nancy Pelosi Radio.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MedicineBow For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (03-25-2020),Lone Gunman (03-25-2020),Molly Pitcher (03-25-2020)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Thanks
    Same old BULLSHIT from the lefties.

They say "false and misleading" but never offer any specifics.

We're supposed to take these leftist tools at their word?

I think not. They have a clear and consistent pattern of lying their asses off. This is no exception.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (03-25-2020),Lone Gunman (03-25-2020),Molly Pitcher (03-26-2020)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entryVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkTheSlayer View Post
    No one will miss them.
    I don't know Hawk. I shore do miss Diane Rehm. Her listeners were counted in the tens of ones. An award winning NPR show is one in which a whole week goes by without someone bringing their car in for service, with the complaint, "I can't turn off NPR".

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 73.0%

Thanks
    Drat! I thought the thread title was going to end with, "NPR to Stop Airing." What a letdown!

But that's okay. They can replace the daily briefings with what's the latest on Brennan, McCabe, Comey, Strzok, Lisa Page...

Dontcha know how much they're counting their blessings?
    This message has been hidden because CNN is on your ignore list.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

Thread Information