User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Astronomers have found the edge of the Milky Way at last

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registeredYour first Group
    Overall activity: 23.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cent View Post
    As. Do. I. Space exploration - the planets, galaxies, astronomy, has always fascinated me. Yet, I've never delved into studying it as much as I might have.

Your pic above, puts, as you know, merely SOME of it into perspective, but even with just that, is quite humbling.

Got myself into big trouble some years back on a board, (in a galaxy far, far away, lol), saying I believed there were actually two - or maybe even more than two - UNIverses.

The literal-ists, of course, had to remind me that UNI meant "one." (duh) Don't know if was lack of imagination, or a superiority complex, but few could accept the possibility of parallel universes.

Nevertheless, humbling to realize we're a speck, with so much we have yet to learn! Exhilarating, too!
    A Quantum Multiverse would make three universes a speck.
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassRecommendation Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Thanks
    Pfft! I found the edge of a Milky Way Dark Chocolate bar.
    “Men only care for science so far as they get a living by it, and that they worship even error when it affords them a subsistence.” — Goethe, from Conversations of Goethe with Eckermann and Soret

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks
    Humans will never conquer space, or even explore it. 15 million years just to travel. Still it is fascinating,

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Physics Hunter View Post
    Texas is probably a mite small for that analogy
    Yeah, it' more like the US or even the planet. Most people have no idea our solar system is so freakin' massive.
    3/24/20 the democrats are holding up the relief bill over funding for Planned Parenthood.
    - holding this one hostage too so they can blame the delay on Trump and Republicans. Don't they lie enough? Don't they steal from us enough? How did Pelosi and Schumer get so rich?
    November is coming...

Green eyed monster Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registeredSocialTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 41.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    Yeah, it' more like the US or even the planet. Most people have no idea our solar system is so freakin' massive.
    Professor Cox explains how big our solar system is and how far to the next nearest sun.

RIP Wes.

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Again. The part with the Sun and planets...only a teeny tiny part of the solar system.
    3/24/20 the democrats are holding up the relief bill over funding for Planned Parenthood.
    - holding this one hostage too so they can blame the delay on Trump and Republicans. Don't they lie enough? Don't they steal from us enough? How did Pelosi and Schumer get so rich?
    November is coming...

Thread Information