Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UPS Punishes Drivers for Prayer Meetings

Tard Wrangler Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightkore View Post
    They weren't proselytizing.
    Maybe not, but that's what it looks like.
    At any rate, thats just an aside. The UPS employee parking lot is there for UPS employee parking.
    If they were having an Amway meeting I'd say the same thing.
    Orange Man 2020

2. The Following User Says Thank You to El Guapo For This Useful Post:

NuYawka (02-21-2020)

Alumni Member and VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 96.0%

Timey-Wimey Wibbly-Wobbly Blue Box Thingy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    Maybe not, but that's what it looks like.
    At any rate, thats just an aside. The UPS employee parking lot is there for UPS employee parking.
    If they were having an Amway meeting I'd say the same thing.

And it would be illegal. Constitutionally they allowed to do so.
    "Everyone's always trying to leave Jesus out, which is one reason we're in the mess we're in." - Miss Clara

Captain Cold
    : Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

Kenneth Copeland: "Sometimes you can tell what something is by what it isn't."

"So there you go, you're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having butt sex with a fish squirrel, congratulations." Mr. Garrison

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Thanks
    If I was a UPS driver I would definitely be praying before my shift since you are out there driving with people who should have never gotten a driver's license. I wish my UPS driver would pray that he can find the right address, as they end up delivering my packages somewhere else.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wbslws For This Useful Post:

Knightkore (02-25-2020)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 54.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightkore View Post
    And it would be illegal. Constitutionally they allowed to do so.
    Corporations are not bound by the Constitution. .... or are you now saying Bakers are constitutionally bound to bake cakes for faggots?

You can't have it both ways, pick one.

Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
    Corporations are not bound by the Constitution. .... or are you now saying Bakers are constitutionally bound to bake cakes for faggots?

I have already posted the information on this.

Christian Rights in the Workplace | American Center for Law and Justice

Chapter One Employee Religious Rights
    Q: What is Title VII and how does it protect employees?
    A: The religious freedom of most employees is protected by a federal law called "Title VII".1 In order to be protected by Title VII, an employee must show that:
    (1) He holds a sincere religious belief that conflicts with an employment requirement
    (2) He has informed the employer about the conflict; and
    (3) He was discharged, disciplined or subjected to discriminatory treatment for failing to comply with the conflicting employment requirement.2
    1. Sincerely held religious belief.
    The sincerity of religious belief is rarely at issue in Title VII cases. Although failure to act on a religious belief consistently may be considered evidence that the belief is not sincerely held,3 the fact that the belief was only recently acquired does not render it an insincere one.4 An employee is not held "to a standard of conduct which would have discounted his beliefs based on the slightest perceived flaw in the consistency of his religious practice."5
    Religion under Title VII is broadly defined as including "all aspects of religious observance and practice, as well as belief."6 The EEOC defines religious practices as including "moral or ethical beliefs as to what is right and wrong which are sincerely held with the strength of traditional religious views. The fact that no religious group espouses such beliefs or the fact that the religious group to which the individual professes to belong may not accept such belief will not determine whether the belief is a religious belief of the employee."7 In other words, the EEOC's test does not require that the employee's religious beliefs coincide with the tenets of his church: "Title VII protects more than the observance of Sabbath or practices specifically mandated by an employee's religion."8 Religion under Title VII has been held to include the Black Muslim faith, the "old Catholic Religion," a "faith in humanity being," and atheism.9 However, "religion" has not been so broadly defined as to include membership in the Ku Klux Klan, membership in the United Klans of America, or belief in the spiritual power of a certain cat food.10

Q Can I share the Gospel with co-workers at work?
    A If required by their religious beliefs, an employee's religiously motivated expressions of faith are protected by Title VII. For instance, in conversations with other employees, you may refer to Biblical passages on slothfulness and "work ethics."18 Employees can engage in religious speech at work as long as there is no actual imposition on co-workers or disruption of the work routine.19 Generally, no disruption of the work routine will occur if an employee's witnessing takes place during breaks, or other free time. If other employees are permitted to use electronic mail and screen savers for speech that is not related to work, an employee who has a sincerely held religious belief to communicate their faith with others should also be able to use these modes of communication.
    To ensure that their religious speech is protected by Title VII, an employee should first of all be able to honestly say that their religious beliefs require them to share the Gospel whenever possible with willing co-workers during breaks or other free time. The employee must then inform the employer of this religious belief (preferably in writing). At that point, the employer must attempt to accommodate this religious belief unless it will cause the employer "undue hardship."
    Q Can I keep my Bible or other religious items
    at my desk?
    A Yes. As with witnessing to co-workers, an employee can bring his Bible to work and keep it at his desk if he is required to do so by sincerely held religious beliefs. To ensure that this religious belief of having a Bible or other religious items at work is protected by Title VII, an employee should first of all be able to honestly say that their religious beliefs require them to bring these items to work. The employee must then inform the employer of this religious belief (preferably in writing). The employer is then required to attempt to accommodate this belief.
    Q Is my employer permitted to restrict what I say
    when I am not at work?
    A Employers generally cannot discriminate against employees because of religious speech expressed outside of the workplace.20 The only possible exception is if speech activity engaged in outside the workplace directly affects the employee's ability to perform his job properly. For instance, even though not acting in their official capacity, judges have been prohibited from speaking out about issues on which they may have to rule.21
    "Everyone's always trying to leave Jesus out, which is one reason we're in the mess we're in." - Miss Clara

Captain Cold
    : Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

"So there you go, you're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having butt sex with a fish squirrel, congratulations." Mr. Garrison

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post

That would be FORCING something on religiously held beliefs.

Against the First Amendment.

Seriously.....when it comes to Christianity you have a serious bias & blind spot.

It colors your objectivity & distorts your reasoning skills.

It's okay. We all have blind spots.

This area is yours.

Captain Cold

Thanks
    http://media.aclj.org/pdf/business_memo_20101206.pdf

4C.May employees invite other employees to religious holiday events, display religious-themed holiday items in their personal workspace, or otherwise share their faith with other employees?YES.“An employees reasonable request to display religious items in his or her personal work area should be accommodated, unless the itemsplainly violate the company’s anti-harassment policy or otherwise cause disruption in the workplace.”13Similarly, employees should be permitted to hand out invitations to religious-themed holiday events to co-workers, or post them on a common bulletin-board, to the same extent that employees are permitted to invite co-workers to non-religious holiday events.The employer retains the authority to prevent an employee from aggressively or consistently sharing his or her religious beliefs with another employeeto the point that it becomes harassment orcreatesa hostile work environment.

Captain Cold

Thread Information