User Tag List

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415

Thread: Rickity Plumber has passed away

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 45.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cent View Post
    Yeah, she must be. So how impossibly morbid can anyone be than to invite someone to discuss something so personal to a bunch of people who are strangers to her?

What does it matter what happened? Is knowing the specifics going to somehow make anyone feel better?

Please, folks, show his wife some consideration, and allow her her dignity. This is gauche beyond reason.
    While I understand what you're saying, maybe we're not total strangers? Maybe he talked about us, maybe she read some of our threads/replies?

In any event, when all is said and done, it's her call, either she responds or, she doesn't, its fine either way.
    ~~~ if you find yourself going through hell..... keep going~~~ Winston Churchill

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abbey1 For This Useful Post:

Brat (02-16-2020),Northern Rivers (02-16-2020)

Alumni & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 67.0%

Thanks
    When I thanked her and told he would be missed by the forum, I figured if she wanted to add more info she would have then. But she didn't and I didn't push.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kodiak For This Useful Post:

2cent (02-16-2020),Brat (02-16-2020)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cent View Post
    Yeah, she must be. So how impossibly morbid can anyone be than to invite someone to discuss something so personal to a bunch of people who are strangers to her?

What does it matter what happened? Is knowing the specifics going to somehow make anyone feel better?

Please, folks, show his wife some consideration, and allow her her dignity. This is gauche beyond reason.
    My point to her was that we are NOT strangers. It might seem that way...but...I explained to her that there was a good bit of grief being shared on this site and how Wes was respected by all. Actually, I think she'd get a measure of comfort, just seeing how we feel about the guy......

I know the English language quite well...and...in no way was brusque or gauche in what I said. Look, we all miss Wes and are also looking for some closure.
    If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

Brat (02-16-2020)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbey1 View Post
    While I understand what you're saying, maybe we're not total strangers? Maybe he talked about us, maybe she read some of our threads/replies?

In any event, when all is said and done, it's her call, either she responds or, she doesn't, its fine either way.
    We're not. We were friends and miss him. "What happened" will centre most of us away from the questioning and on to acceptance. He was a great bloke...full stop.
    If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

Abbey1 (02-16-2020),Brat (02-16-2020),Neo (02-16-2020)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 69.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    When I thanked her and told he would be missed by the forum, I figured if she wanted to add more info she would have then. But she didn't and I didn't push.
    Anything further would be prying, and totally out of place. To let Wes' wife know how much he was loved and appreciated around here, is one thing. To ask her for details is beyond propriety, and anyone ought to know it's none of his business.

Our dear Rickity/Wes is gone from us. 'Tis heartbreaking. That's all we need to know.
    This message has been hidden because CNN is on your ignore list.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 2cent For This Useful Post:

Neo (02-16-2020)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registeredYour first Group
    Overall activity: 22.0%

Thanks
    Gentle. His family is wounded, and sometimes, at this weakest time, vultures try to swoop in and claim some connection in feeling and in real property.

Let it settle.
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Physics Hunter For This Useful Post:

2cent (02-16-2020),Kodiak (02-16-2020),Madison (02-16-2020)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 68.0%

Thanks
    Just a thought for you Rickity on this Sunday
    Hope there is a beach the other side up those stairs
    so you can walk to your boat and sail

We miss you!
    We can judge the heart of a nation by his treatment of animals.

"One slice of bacon a day keep the Muslims away, add pork juice in Hallal food"

"The're friends who will offer advice and wisdom. They're are cowgirls who come blasting through your door with whiskey, weapons, a shovel, and a plan! "

NEW PRESIDENT OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND OF CANADA*DONALD J. TRUMP

Btw..Kurt Cobain was murdered
    Epstein didn't kill himself he `s a run away free

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Madison For This Useful Post:

Abbey1 (02-16-2020),Brat (02-16-2020),El Guapo (02-16-2020),Neo (02-16-2020),Northern Rivers (Yesterday)

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 77.0%

Thanks
    Anyone who wants to post a tribute, can use his "visitor messages" on his profile page.

RickityPlumber
    I have to give democrats credit they have had their faces pounded there butt kicked and embarrassed for over 3 years day after day like a herd of wild retards on the warpath while smoking pcp. they keep on going on their stampede. -bulletbob

Joe is senile, Bernie is a communist, and Warren is a
    megalomaniacal opportunist. Can't anyone just say so?

Thread Information