User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 54

Thread: Immigrants Get Welfare More Than Native-Born Americans

  1. #1
    XTRA SUPER 4EVER BANNED Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience Points1 year registeredCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 0%

    protectionist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    11,232
    Thanks
    3,536
    Thanked: 5,317
    Rep Power
    0

    Immigrants Get Welfare More Than Native-Born Americans

    A recent study by the Center for Immigration Studies showed that welfare is more used by immigrants with kids than by Native-born Americans who have kids.. The major welfare programs examined in this report include cash assistance, food assistance, Medicaid, and public and subsidized housing. This study showed that in 2009 (based on data collected in 2010), 57 percent of households headed by an immigrant (legal and illegal) with children (under 18) used at least one welfare program, compared to 39 percent for native households with children.

    http://cis.org/immigrant-welfare-use-2011

  2. #2
    XTRA SUPER 4EVER BANNED Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience Points1 year registeredCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 0%

    protectionist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    11,232
    Thanks
    3,536
    Thanked: 5,317
    Rep Power
    0
    Immigrant households’ use of welfare tends to be much higher than natives for food assistance programs and Medicaid. Their use of cash and housing programs tends to be similar to native households.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

    Hansel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,384
    Thanks
    214
    Thanked: 803
    Rep Power
    886385
    Off hand I would say that the Mexican immigrants represent the very poor where a lot of Americans are not so poor. Given a chance, most of them can turn out to be good productive people.

    I am not keen on our borders being overrun by illegals but this will not change until the economic situation in Mexico and other Latin American countries changes. Why is it that we seldom if ever hear of an illegal immigrant coming in from Canada or from somewhere other than the Latin American countries? For some this is a racist thing, and I understand as I used to be that way towards the Mexican immigrants, but once I got to know a few I have changed my mind.

    We have some Latinos in this little town, probably native born too, that are very nice, and the one man has a lovely wife. They can put their feet under my table any time. The husband retired from the railroad and now does odd jobs for a landlord. He also has a brother that is a joy to know.

    Perhaps the language barrier is the major impediment to the success of Mexican immigrants? If they cannot understand and speak
    English then the chances of getting a good job are slim. For the Gringos who live in areas where there are lots of Spanish speaking people it may pay to learn a little Spanish themselves.

  4. #4
    XTRA SUPER 4EVER BANNED Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience Points1 year registeredCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 0%

    protectionist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    11,232
    Thanks
    3,536
    Thanked: 5,317
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
    Off hand I would say that the Mexican immigrants represent the very poor where a lot of Americans are not so poor. Given a chance, most of them can turn out to be good productive people.

    I am not keen on our borders being overrun by illegals but this will not change until the economic situation in Mexico and other Latin American countries changes. Why is it that we seldom if ever hear of an illegal immigrant coming in from Canada or from somewhere other than the Latin American countries? For some this is a racist thing, and I understand as I used to be that way towards the Mexican immigrants, but once I got to know a few I have changed my mind.

    We have some Latinos in this little town, probably native born too, that are very nice, and the one man has a lovely wife. They can put their feet under my table any time. The husband retired from the railroad and now does odd jobs for a landlord. He also has a brother that is a joy to know.

    Perhaps the language barrier is the major impediment to the success of Mexican immigrants? If they cannot understand and speak
    English then the chances of getting a good job are slim. For the Gringos who live in areas where there are lots of Spanish speaking people it may pay to learn a little Spanish themselves.
    Gringos, as you call them, should not learn Spanish. The language of America is English, and anyone coming here needs to learn that. I was born in the US and I speak Spanish, only because my grandparents immigrated here from Central America (British Honduras), and I learned Spanish by living in their home for 2 years.

    Actually this is all off topic, since the thread is only about how many immigrants are receiving welfare, compared to Americans.

  5. #5
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 62.0%

    RMNIXON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    37,797
    Thanks
    24,330
    Thanked: 48,168
    Rep Power
    21474880
    I passed a major construction site the other day, and heard not a word of English.

    Can't tell me they don't take Jobs Americans want.

    And as for the Welfare Issue, how many are collecting because their actual unrecorded income is under the table?

  6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

    Conservative Libertarian (06-02-2014),DeadEye (05-31-2014),Old Ridge Runner (05-30-2014),protectionist (05-29-2014),Roadmaster (05-30-2014),Sheldonna (06-05-2014)

  7. #6
    Banned Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Overall activity: 16.0%

    Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    314
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked: 15
    Rep Power
    0
    The guy that heads of the "CIS" is a right winger.

    Mark Krikorian is the executive director of the Center for Immigration Studies, a think-tank in Washington, D.C. that promotes stricter immigration control and enforcement. He is a regular contributor to the conservative publication National Review, and is as a regular participant at National Review Online's "The Corner".
    Sorry, but this is nothing more than an opinion piece by a biased person who created an organization to push his agenda.

  8. #7
    XTRA SUPER 4EVER BANNED Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience Points1 year registeredCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 0%

    protectionist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    11,232
    Thanks
    3,536
    Thanked: 5,317
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    The guy that heads of the "CIS" is a right winger.

    Sorry, but this is nothing more than an opinion piece by a biased person who created an organization to push his agenda.
    NONSENSE! I recognize quite well where the shills are on both the left and the right, and I don't need coaching on it. That's because, unlike you, I am technically on neither the left or the right. I am a registered Independent, and have been for 11 years.

    Fact is CIS, is not right or left. They do very in-depth studies, they use Census data mostly, and are a generally non-partisan think tank. If the conclusions they derive seem to be right wing, that's only because the facts don't jive gently with immigration in America. If the shoe fits, wear it.

    As for the right wing being associated with any agenda in opposition to immigration, that would be a hard case to make, since immigration is mostly damaging to the American working class (especially unskilled workers, especially blacks) who are supposed to be the bedrock of the left. Opposition to immigration therefore ought to be a prime support issue for the left.

    In addition, lots of Republicans have not only been backing legal immigration (work visas), but they've even been backing illegal immigration, such as amnesty legislation (as in the Gang of 8)

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to protectionist For This Useful Post:

    DeadEye (05-31-2014),Sheldonna (06-06-2014)

  10. #8
    Banned Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Overall activity: 25.0%

    Roadmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    42,628
    Thanks
    6,490
    Thanked: 16,150
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by protectionist View Post
    Immigrant households’ use of welfare tends to be much higher than natives for food assistance programs and Medicaid. Their use of cash and housing programs tends to be similar to native households.
    Yes and blacks wonder how they can come into their neighborhoods and start a business. They get this and the loans. We treat immigrants better than Americans.

  11. #9
    Banned Forum Donor Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class1 year registered
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    Overall activity: 40.0%

    michaelr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    FEMA Region 10
    Posts
    24,708
    Thanks
    8,578
    Thanked: 7,708
    Rep Power
    0
    Americans are just blood bags people. How many time must I remind you?!

  12. #10
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 62.0%

    RMNIXON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    37,797
    Thanks
    24,330
    Thanked: 48,168
    Rep Power
    21474880
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    The guy that heads of the "CIS" is a right winger.



    Sorry, but this is nothing more than an opinion piece by a biased person who created an organization to push his agenda.

    It is actually very well sourced and documented. Try reading the link.

    I won't say it is not biased, but to dismiss the data out of hand is willful ignorance.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

    DeadEye (05-31-2014)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •