8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, amend the Constitution

3 37.50%
  • No, a simple majority is working fine

5 62.50%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amendment?

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks

Amendment?

Early in the process, Speaker Nancy Pelosi said an impeachment should be bipartisan. The House then went on it's hunt for something, anything, they could use to impeach President Trump. The law says treason, bribery, and crimes and high misdemeanors and they came up empty. So, they made up some "charges" that won't fly and they've already said they can, and will, continue looking for something as long as they have a majority in the House.

They have made the process ludicrous with clowns like Rep. Nadler and Rep. Schiff. Speaker Pelosi has added her bit to the ludicrous impeachment with giggling and smiling and babbling.

So, should we have an amendment to the Constitution requiring a vote of % for an impeachment. Or, perhaps 70%.

We've seen what happens when a party with no concern for America and no sense of ethics has a simple majority and wants to defeat the concept of a peaceful transfer of power by election. The Democrat Party will be the party of Trump Hatred and nothing more. They have shown themselves to be enemies of the people.

If we required a "super majority" to impeach and a party had the votes to prevent the impeachment of a clearly guilty President, such as with President Clinton and used the votes to avoid impeachment it would damage that party just as the Democrats have damaged their party.

So, how do you vote on an Amendment to the Constitution requiring a super-majority in the House to impeach the president or anyone else?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

AntiSocial-ist (01-17-2020),Old Ridge Runner (01-17-2020)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Thanks
    We should impeach far more often than we do.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

AntiSocial-ist (01-17-2020),Old Ridge Runner (01-17-2020)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    I think since the Senate does use a "super majority" to convict and remove from office.....I'm fine with the house needing 51% to write the articles of impeachment...I think the founders meant for it to work that way so that guilt or innocence is decided in a court ( in this case the Senate )...if the House required a super majority the accused-in this case President Trump would never have their day in court so to speak but the American people would know the attempt had been made to impeach...the president claims a trial is important to him...I agree a trial is important... it's good for the American public to see what a sham this was by the liberals.....

I think many people may see the impeachment process as broken and needing to be "fixed"...but I think that's more the result of the joke that was made out of the Constitution and what is ACTUALLY impeachable by the circus that Pelosi,Schiff and Nadler ran in front of TV cameras....if the House did need a two thirds majority to impeach I still think the same crew of liberals would try to turn the process into a media circus...while standing next to our flag.....holding the American flag OR pledging allegiance to the republic...they're world class liars--great actors and bull shit artists...I'm also convinced many will have to pay in November for the "tab" they've been running up.....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AntiSocial-ist For This Useful Post:

Old Ridge Runner (01-17-2020)

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 42.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    Early in the process, Speaker Nancy Pelosi said an impeachment should be bipartisan. The House then went on it's hunt for something, anything, they could use to impeach President Trump. The law says treason, bribery, and crimes and high misdemeanors and they came up empty. So, they made up some "charges" that won't fly and they've already said they can, and will, continue looking for something as long as they have a majority in the House.

They have made the process ludicrous with clowns like Rep. Nadler and Rep. Schiff. Speaker Pelosi has added her bit to the ludicrous impeachment with giggling and smiling and babbling.

So, should we have an amendment to the Constitution requiring a vote of % for an impeachment. Or, perhaps 70%.

We've seen what happens when a party with no concern for America and no sense of ethics has a simple majority and wants to defeat the concept of a peaceful transfer of power by election. The Democrat Party will be the party of Trump Hatred and nothing more. They have shown themselves to be enemies of the people.

If we required a "super majority" to impeach and a party had the votes to prevent the impeachment of a clearly guilty President, such as with President Clinton and used the votes to avoid impeachment it would damage that party just as the Democrats have damaged their party.

So, how do you vote on an Amendment to the Constitution requiring a super-majority in the House to impeach the president or anyone else?
    While the partisan House Democrats high-five and celebrate the impeachment with their simple majority, the Senate with a super majority will pass them and beat them to the finish line. The Democrats are like the excited football player who just made the play of a lifetime and spiked the ball at the one yard line.

They are spending too much time celebrating their small victory, while losing the war.

To reasonable people, they look foolish. Come on, gold pens on silver platters? They have no shame.

No matter how the rules are set up, those who game the system are always going to look bad. President Trump will be the first President to be impeached several times. The only limit in the number of impeachments will be Republicans taking back the House.

The system works fine. There are a lot of checks and balances. Even some I don't like (like judicial activism). Don't vote for shitheads, and suddenly, shitheads are no longer a problem.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dinosaur For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (01-17-2020),Old Ridge Runner (01-17-2020)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Thanks
    I was okay as it was...but...this BS in The House has made me see the wisdom in moving to a 2/3rds majority.
    If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

patrickt (01-17-2020)

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    What we need are better people Governing the House period!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

2cent (01-17-2020),Old Ridge Runner (01-17-2020)

50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 68.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
    'Zactly. A little unnerving how many people love dingbats representing them in Congress.
    This message has been hidden because CNN is on your ignore list.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 2cent For This Useful Post:

Old Ridge Runner (01-17-2020)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    Removal from office requires a 2/3 majority. It wouldn't hurt to put that on the house as well. I have little appetite for partisan impeachments. Actually I have little appetite for partisanship at all.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fmw For This Useful Post:

Morning Star (01-20-2020),Old Ridge Runner (01-17-2020)

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
    You do realize that reading and writing isn't a requirement. Most haven't even had someone read the Constitution to them. They do know it's a great way for an idiot to get filthy rich without working.

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Last edited by MAGA1776; 01-18-2020 at 03:49 AM. Reason: duplicate

Thread Information