User Tag List

Thread: There Are 8,000 Known Terracotta Warriors. But Archaeologists Just Found More

Green eyed monster Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 49.0%

Thanks

There Are 8,000 Known Terracotta Warriors. But Archaeologists Just Found More

The Terracotta Army just got a little more formidable.

More than 200 additional funerary sculptures have been uncovered near the tomb of China’s first emperor, Qin Shi Huang, in Xi’an, the capital of China’s Shaanxi Province. The relics join the 8,000 already unearthed soldiers that constitute the Terracotta Army, created 2,200 years ago to protect the emperor in the afterlife.
    The discovery, first announced by the country’s state-run news agency, came during a decade-long excavation of the first of four pits at the mausoleum, a 4,300-square-foot area where some 6,000 warriors were previously found. Archaeologists uncovered roughly 200 new warriors, 12 clay horses, and two chariots, as well as a number of bronze weapons, over the past 10 years.
    https://apple.news/AzCEjPlpXPNyP9rxJ3uDn9g
    One pill, Neo is told, will allow him to stay in the comfortable delusion that the world is as it always has been. The other will reveal the truth -- that the world has changed -- and challenge his previously held beliefs as he moves to an uncertain but authentic future.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post:

Kris P Bacon (01-03-2020),StanAtStanFan (01-05-2020),teeceetx (01-03-2020)

Fossil nut/Alumni/VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassRecommendation First Class1 year registeredCreated Album pictures
    Overall activity: 40.0%

Thanks
    Who knows what's left to uncover?
    Yep, I'd wrap that in bacon! KEEP AMERICA GREAT, TRUMP 2020
    Report illegal aliens, call ICE @ 1-866-DHS-2ICE (347-2423)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kris P Bacon For This Useful Post:

teeceetx (01-03-2020)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 25.0%

Thanks
    Why they don't open up the Emperor's grave is something to think about.
    If you don't practice...you'll sound like it. And, if you don't tune, your life will sound like it, too. Listen to the intervals. That's where it all hides from you.....

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

Rickity Plumber (01-03-2020),teeceetx (01-03-2020)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 39.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    Are you referring to the first emperors pyramid? I'm quite sure they know EXACTLY what's in there, and chose to keep it closed.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris P Bacon View Post
    Who knows what's left to uncover?
    Qin's tomb itself remains unexcavated, though Siam Qian's writings suggest even greater treasures.
    One pill, Neo is told, will allow him to stay in the comfortable delusion that the world is as it always has been. The other will reveal the truth -- that the world has changed -- and challenge his previously held beliefs as he moves to an uncertain but authentic future.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post:

Kris P Bacon (01-03-2020),StanAtStanFan (01-05-2020)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 11.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    hmmm..........should America unearth George Washington; Abraham Lincoln; John Kennedy (they did once); Elvis; the soldiers buried in the Tomb of the Unknown soldiers in Washington, D.C.; Dr. King;

They all are historical figures in American history. We don't usually bury artifacts with our dead, doing so depicts the civilization belief in an afterlife.

Thieves tried to steal Lincoln's body twice, until his son finally decided to have his casket entombed under 15-yards deep concrete. However, before they did that, his casket was opened for a final time. It reflected Lincoln's body hadn't decomposed at all, but had turned completely black, the result of dozens and dozens of embalming done overnight, on his long train journey home to Springfield, Illinois. Kennedy's casket along with the other ones buried alongside him, was unearthed and moved to another location in Arlington National Cemetery. It was done in secret overnight, both Robert Kennedy and Ted Kennedy attended along with police. One of the construction workers snuck a camera in and photographed the casket on the hoist used to move it, and got arrested. Reason Kennedy was moved in secret was because conspiracy advocates, if they had known the casket was being removed from its original grave, would have demanded a new autopsy.

I think the Terracotta Chinese army discovery is fascinating.

Stan

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StanAtStanFan For This Useful Post:

Brat (01-11-2020),Neo (01-11-2020),Oberon (01-11-2020)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Read an article a a couple of weeks ago that the reason they don't excavate more quickly and avoid some digs is the fear of poisons and diseases; many of those 'ancient' tombs are trapped as well, and disturbing them might collapse them, ruining their value and the relics inside. This isn't much discussed in the popular archaeology news press like National Geographic and it's competitors. Lots of info never gets released to the public, for various reasons,mainly to keep tourists like me away from sites.

Also, many of the materials used in those times are toxic in themselves, lead and mercury, among others, and handling them without proper precautions is not a good idea. For instance, you don't want to handle even a medieval felt hat bare handed, as they used mercury in some of the processes to make felt.
    Last edited by Oberon; 01-11-2020 at 04:41 AM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oberon For This Useful Post:

Neo (01-11-2020),StanAtStanFan (01-11-2020)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 63.0%

Thanks
    Those figures will not do much. I thought the Chinese were smarter than this.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillofbeans View Post
    Those figures will not do much. I thought the Chinese were smarter than this.
    Hmmmmm. They invented gunpowder first.

Thread Information