User Tag List

Thread: mini pigs in a blanket

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks

mini pigs in a blanket

Mini Crescent Dogs

mini crescent dogs Appetizer
    Kitchen Tested

• Prep 15 min
    • Total30 min
    • Ingredients2
    • Servings48

It’s just not a party without mini crescent dogs at the table! These big-batch, crowd-pleasing pigs in a blanket are ideal for any occasion and come together with just two ingredients—Pillsbury™ crescent rolls and cocktail-size sausages—and 15 minutes of prep. Each bite is buttery, flaky, savory and perfectly dippable, making them a great appetizer for guests of all ages. It’s just not a party without mini crescent dogs at the table! These big-batch, crowd-pleasing pigs in a blanket are ideal for any occasion and come together with just two ingredients—Pillsbury™ crescent rolls and cocktail-size sausages—and 15 minutes of prep. Each bite... MORE+ LESS-

By Pillsbury Kitchens

Updated August 20, 2019

Make with
    Pillsbury Crescents

Ingredients

cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent rolls Save $

cocktail-size smoked link sausages or hot dogs (from two 14-oz packages) Save $

Steps

Hide Images

Heat oven to 375F. Unroll both cans of the dough; separate into 16 triangles. Cut each triangle lengthwise into 3 narrow triangles.
      Place sausage on shortest side of each triangle. Roll up each, starting at shortest side of triangle and rolling to opposite point; place point side down on 2 ungreased cookie sheets.
      Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, switching position of cookie sheets halfway through baking. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.

Jump to Video

Expert Tips

• Refrigerated dough likes to stay chilled, so work in batches, making the first 2 dozen crescent dogs (from one can of dough) before taking the second can out of the refrigerator.
    • Give each dough-wrapped dog enough room to rise without bumping into each other.
    • Flat cookie sheets are better for baking doughs—the hot oven air will circulate more evenly around the crescent-wrapped dogs, activating their rise and making them an even golden brown.
    • Line cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper for easier clean up.
    • Create a little condiment bar for serving: set out small bowls of ketchup, chili sauce, your favorite mustard, even a creamy horseradish sauce. They all will complement the smokiness of the mini sausages or hot dogs.
    • To Make Ahead: Assemble crescent dogs as directed in recipe. Place crescent dogs on large ungreased cookie sheets. Do Not Bake. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate up to 2 hours. Remove plastic wrap; bake as directed in recipe.
    • To Freeze Ahead: Assemble and bake crescent dogs as directed in recipe. Cool 10 minutes. Place baked crescent dogs in single layer in 1-gallon plastic freezer food storage bags; seal. Lay flat in freezer. Freeze up to 1 month. To Reheat, place frozen crescent dogs on large ungreased cookie sheets; loosely cover with foil. Bake at 325F for 14 to 16 minutes or until heated through.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 12-22-2019 at 12:35 PM.
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

The Devil whispered in Trump's ear and said, 'You're not strong enough to withstand the storm". President Trump whispered back, "i am The Storm"!

and Epstein didn't kill himself.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Brat (01-07-2020),darroll (12-22-2019),HawkTheSlayer (12-22-2019),Montana (12-22-2019),MrMike (01-07-2020),Retiredat50 (12-22-2019)

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation First Class
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    Works great with cocktail smokies and Vie-eenas, too!
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

Brat (01-07-2020)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks
    I used to make those with Hillshire Farmes Lil Smokies, delicious! Dip them in mustard or ketchup mixed with hot sauce.

I like the minis much better than the full sized cresent dogs.
    Last edited by Retiredat50; 12-22-2019 at 01:43 PM.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Retiredat50 For This Useful Post:

Brat (01-07-2020),darroll (12-22-2019),HawkTheSlayer (12-22-2019),MrMike (01-07-2020),Rickity Plumber (01-14-2020)

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation First Class
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Retiredat50 View Post
    I used to make those with Hillshire Farmes Lil Smokies, delicious! Dip them in mustard or ketchup mixed with hot sauce.

I like the minis much better than the full sized cresent dogs.
    Yum. I make a ketchup/sriracha sauce. Sometimes a dash of Worcestershire sauce and Cajun Power Garlic Sauce.
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

Brat (01-07-2020),Retiredat50 (12-22-2019),tiny1 (01-07-2020)

50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkTheSlayer View Post
    Yum. I make a ketchup/sriracha sauce. Sometimes a dash of Worcestershire sauce and Cajun Power Garlic Sauce.
    Yep, I love Sriacha sauce, so good!
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Retiredat50 For This Useful Post:

Brat (01-07-2020)

VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry1 year registered
    Overall activity: 28.0%

Thanks
    I would love to dip those little piggies in Chinese Mustard.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to darroll For This Useful Post:

Brat (01-07-2020),HawkTheSlayer (12-22-2019),tiny1 (01-07-2020)

Administrator V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Thanks
    thanks guys...for the tasty suggestions.
    @Garden House Queen you need to take a look at this.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 01-07-2020 at 03:20 PM.
    Sarah Sanders doesn't often mop the White House Press Corp Floor...but when she does, she uses Jim Acosta.

There is no American free press. They're bought and paid for.

The Devil whispered in Trump's ear and said, 'You're not strong enough to withstand the storm". President Trump whispered back, "i am The Storm"!

and Epstein didn't kill himself.

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 99.0%

Thanks
    Mini-piggies! Mm nom nom ...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

Brat (01-07-2020)

Proud Boomer/V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 42.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by darroll View Post
    I would love to dip those little piggies in Chinese Mustard.
    Oh, YEAH, that's the ticket!
    Unwavering support of my President, Donald J Trump

~Shower the people you love with love~

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points7 days registered
    Overall activity: 35.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    Mini Crescent Dogs

mini crescent dogs Appetizer
    Kitchen Tested

• Prep 15 min
    • Total30 min
    • Ingredients2
    • Servings48

It’s just not a party without mini crescent dogs at the table! These big-batch, crowd-pleasing pigs in a blanket are ideal for any occasion and come together with just two ingredients—Pillsbury™ crescent rolls and cocktail-size sausages—and 15 minutes of prep. Each bite is buttery, flaky, savory and perfectly dippable, making them a great appetizer for guests of all ages. It’s just not a party without mini crescent dogs at the table! These big-batch, crowd-pleasing pigs in a blanket are ideal for any occasion and come together with just two ingredients—Pillsbury™ crescent rolls and cocktail-size sausages—and 15 minutes of prep. Each bite... MORE+ LESS-

By Pillsbury Kitchens

Updated August 20, 2019

Make with
    Pillsbury Crescents

Ingredients

cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent rolls Save $

cocktail-size smoked link sausages or hot dogs (from two 14-oz packages) Save $

Steps

Hide Images

Heat oven to 375F. Unroll both cans of the dough; separate into 16 triangles. Cut each triangle lengthwise into 3 narrow triangles.
      Place sausage on shortest side of each triangle. Roll up each, starting at shortest side of triangle and rolling to opposite point; place point side down on 2 ungreased cookie sheets.
      Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, switching position of cookie sheets halfway through baking. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.

Jump to Video

Expert Tips

• Refrigerated dough likes to stay chilled, so work in batches, making the first 2 dozen crescent dogs (from one can of dough) before taking the second can out of the refrigerator.
    • Give each dough-wrapped dog enough room to rise without bumping into each other.
    • Flat cookie sheets are better for baking doughs—the hot oven air will circulate more evenly around the crescent-wrapped dogs, activating their rise and making them an even golden brown.
    • Line cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper for easier clean up.
    • Create a little condiment bar for serving: set out small bowls of ketchup, chili sauce, your favorite mustard, even a creamy horseradish sauce. They all will complement the smokiness of the mini sausages or hot dogs.
    • To Make Ahead: Assemble crescent dogs as directed in recipe. Place crescent dogs on large ungreased cookie sheets. Do Not Bake. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate up to 2 hours. Remove plastic wrap; bake as directed in recipe.
    • To Freeze Ahead: Assemble and bake crescent dogs as directed in recipe. Cool 10 minutes. Place baked crescent dogs in single layer in 1-gallon plastic freezer food storage bags; seal. Lay flat in freezer. Freeze up to 1 month. To Reheat, place frozen crescent dogs on large ungreased cookie sheets; loosely cover with foil. Bake at 325F for 14 to 16 minutes or until heated through.
    Aww ty

18. The Following User Says Thank You to offrocker For This Useful Post:

Retiredat50 (01-14-2020)

Thread Information