User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is America....

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 33.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks

This is America....

"It was after midnight, a time when those who are awake are sometimes tipsy and often hungry. It's natural for them to search for food that will quickly enter their digestive systems and instantly offer their stomachs a fulfilled feeling. One such Birmingham establishment is the Waffle House.That particular November night, the Waffle House had a little problem -- too many customers. Well, too many customers in relation to the number of employees. Which was one. The man -- whose name is Ben -- was cooking, serving and washing up. Entirely alone.

As AL.com reported, Ethan Crispo was one of those customers. Soon, he was sure he'd be going home hungry. Was McDonald's closed? Indeed in most fast-food places, I suspect, the customers would have grumbled, moaned, shouted at the lone employee and then gone elsewhere.

It seems this Waffle House is a little different. As Crispo explained:

From the blue, a man from the bar stands up. Asks Ben for an apron, and begins to work behind the counter. It was a transition so smooth I initially assumed it was a staff member returning to their shift. It wasn't. It was a kind stranger. A man who answered the call. Bussed tables, did dishes, stacked plates."
    https://www.inc.com/chris-matyszczyk...out-brand.html

We have a lot of threads about Democrats but damned few about Americans. I think Trinnity should start a category of good stories about Americans.

Here's another one.
    "McNabb said she was surprised when police called her Wednesday morning to say someone had come by the station and dropped off an envelope containing $160 cash and a note.
    "To the lady that left her wallet at Walmart...please forgive me as I always strive to have integrity, and that day I failed miserably," the note read."
    https://www.myjoyonline.com/news/201...ology-note.php

The only decent Democrats I know are over the age of 70. It's a shame more U.S. citizens aren't Americans. It's amazing so few people born in the U.S. are Americans.

I believe in the America of multiple races and nationalities but all striving to be Americans. The Democrats want to keep everyone separated in the little tribe so they can be totally fucked by the Democrats.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

Brat (12-07-2019),Hillofbeans (12-07-2019)

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Thread is sticky.

Do "you" have a story about some good American? A good deed?
    If so, post it in this thread.

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    "When her former student was found wandering the streets a decade after she’d last seen him, Michelle Girard immediately agreed to take him in. Then she decided to do far more, including give him the Christmas he’d never had."
    https://www.texasmonthly.com/article...istic-student/

I certainly give kudos to Michelle Girard but also to the deputy and the dispatcher who did something besides pass it off onto some other government agency.

Thanks
    "Melissa Stinsman, a worker for the Bloomsburg Post Office, helps answer letters written to Santa, Yahoo Lifestyle reports. During the holidays, she volunteers to spend about four hours a night ‘helping’ St. Nick answer the mountain of letters he receives during the holidays.

"I usually tell the kids to keep up their grades and to listen to their parents,” Stinsman told Yahoo Lifestyle. “One asked for a science kit so I told him that one day, he could become a scientist.“
    "One child’s message to Santa, however, really stood out to her. Inside the envelope, which contained three letters, she found a note that read, “Dear Santa, last year you didn’t notice me, so I hope this year you notice me and this year I will be good.”
    https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/sa...worker-charity
    "While the letter didn’t have a return address, the young boy included his full name. After asking her coworkers, she found another carrier who recognized the name and they were able to locate the boy’s home.

"Stinsman got in touch with the family and started a money pool at the post office. “We raised about $500,” she told Yahoo Lifestyle, “and people dropped off food at the post office.”

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 42.0%

Thanks
    Well I umm bless the world with my presence, does that count?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Well I umm bless the world with my presence, does that count?
    Certainly not but rest assured that if I see your obituary I'll put it here. Good news is always welcome.

Never mind. I went to your profile and checked "About Me". It's blank. I doubt you'll get an obituary.
    Last edited by patrickt; 12-31-2019 at 10:40 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    Certainly not but rest assured that if I see your obituary I'll put it here. Good news is always welcome.

Never mind. I went to your profile and checked "About Me". It's blank. I doubt you'll get an obituary.

Nice. The ability to disagree without being disagreeable of a child. Wait no, kids aren't so creepy about it. TFC: Totally Fucking Classless! Period.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Abbey1 (02-15-2020)

Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post

I just thought I'd bump this because I still can't believe you posted this in response to a joke. Or in response to anything actually. What is wrong with you?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Abbey1 (02-15-2020)

50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Thanks
    This is America....
    I sure wasn't' expecting a photo of Los Angeles or a story about California, America's first third world state.

Thread Information