User Tag List

Thread: Meet the Night Stalkers,

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entrySocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Thanks

Meet the Night Stalkers,

the pilots who fly SEALs and Delta Force to their most dangerous and secretive operations
    The unit was born out of the botched attempt to rescue hostages from the US embassy in Tehran in 1979, known as Operation Eagle Claw.
    During that operation, eight US service members were killed, and the need for a specialized group of aviators became apparent.
    Dead thanks to the stupid decisions of The Peanut Farmer.
    Saint Junipero Serra's Legacy - the untold stories of California
    A Soldier's Stories - Reports of news and interesting stuff

I proudly voted for President Trump!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sargentodiaz For This Useful Post:

Crusader (12-02-2019),Garden House Queen (11-14-2019),Old Ridge Runner (12-02-2019)

V.I.P V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 13.0%

Thanks

I still can't believe that man was elected president. I think that was the first time I voted & I stood in line for 2 hours to vote against him.
    While active duty I always felt that I shouldn't vote for president which would be like picking my own boss. Carter broke me of thinking like that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Tex For This Useful Post:

Old Ridge Runner (12-02-2019)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 25.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Tex View Post

I still can't believe that man was elected president. I think that was the first time I voted & I stood in line for 2 hours to vote against him.
    While active duty I always felt that I shouldn't vote for president which would be like picking my own boss. Carter broke me of thinking like that.
    The disaster in the desert cannot be laid at the President's feet. It was a pentagon screw up in its entirety.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

jirqoadai (12-02-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entrySocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Thanks
    This is going to be lengthy but is only a minor part of the Wikipedia article on Operation Eagle Claw @ Operation Eagle Claw - Wikipedia. It proves exactly what I posted about The Peanut Farmer.

Operation Eagle Claw, known as Operation Tabas (Persian: عملیات طبس‎) in Iran,[1] was a United States Armed Forces operation ordered by U.S. President Jimmy Carter to attempt to end the Iran hostage crisis by rescuing 52 embassy staff held captive at the Embassy of the United States, Tehran on 24 April 1980. Its failure, and the humiliating public debacle that ensued, damaged U.S. prestige worldwide. Carter blamed his loss in the 1980 U.S. presidential election mainly on his failure to secure the release of the hostages.[2]

The operation, one of Delta Force's first,[3] encountered many obstacles and was eventually aborted. Eight helicopters were sent to the first staging area, Desert One, but only five arrived in operational condition.[4] One encountered hydraulic problems, another was caught in a sand storm, and another showed signs of a cracked rotor blade.
    During the operation's planning it was decided that the mission would be aborted if fewer than six helicopters remained operational, despite only four being absolutely necessary.[4] In a move that is still discussed in military circles, the field commanders advised President Carter to abort the mission, which he did.[5]
    As the U.S. force prepared to withdraw, one of the helicopters crashed into a transport aircraft which contained both servicemen and jet fuel. The resulting fire destroyed both aircraft and killed eight servicemen.[4]
    In the context of the Iranian Revolution, Iran's new leader, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, used the failed operation as a propaganda tool. He claimed that the mission had been stopped by an act of Allah ("angels of Allah") who foiled the U.S. mission in order to protect Iran and his new conservative theocratic government.
    Saint Junipero Serra's Legacy - the untold stories of California
    A Soldier's Stories - Reports of news and interesting stuff

I proudly voted for President Trump!

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Thanks
    Night Stalkers are amazing the skill and nerve they have is unmatched in aviation. Everyone likes to talk about the SEALs that killed OBL, but I’ve always said a small town SWAT team could of pulled off that raid. It was an old man, women and children he was not defended. The real amazing thing about that operation was the Night Stalkers, flying into a foreign hostile country in the middle of the night flying at the nap of the earth GREAT BIG BALLS...
    Last edited by Crusader; 12-02-2019 at 02:21 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Crusader For This Useful Post:

sargentodiaz (12-02-2019)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 25.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
    This is going to be lengthy but is only a minor part of the Wikipedia article on Operation Eagle Claw @ Operation Eagle Claw - Wikipedia. It proves exactly what I posted about The Peanut Farmer.

Operation Eagle Claw, known as Operation Tabas (Persian: عملیات طبس‎) in Iran,[1] was a United States Armed Forces operation ordered by U.S. President Jimmy Carter to attempt to end the Iran hostage crisis by rescuing 52 embassy staff held captive at the Embassy of the United States, Tehran on 24 April 1980. Its failure, and the humiliating public debacle that ensued, damaged U.S. prestige worldwide. Carter blamed his loss in the 1980 U.S. presidential election mainly on his failure to secure the release of the hostages.[2]

The operation, one of Delta Force's first,[3] encountered many obstacles and was eventually aborted. Eight helicopters were sent to the first staging area, Desert One, but only five arrived in operational condition.[4] One encountered hydraulic problems, another was caught in a sand storm, and another showed signs of a cracked rotor blade.
    During the operation's planning it was decided that the mission would be aborted if fewer than six helicopters remained operational, despite only four being absolutely necessary.[4] In a move that is still discussed in military circles, the field commanders advised President Carter to abort the mission, which he did.[5]
    As the U.S. force prepared to withdraw, one of the helicopters crashed into a transport aircraft which contained both servicemen and jet fuel. The resulting fire destroyed both aircraft and killed eight servicemen.[4]
    In the context of the Iranian Revolution, Iran's new leader, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, used the failed operation as a propaganda tool. He claimed that the mission had been stopped by an act of Allah ("angels of Allah") who foiled the U.S. mission in order to protect Iran and his new conservative theocratic government.
    No. It doesn't. This was a Pentagon screw-up.

Senior Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registered
    Overall activity: 42.0%

Thanks
    the irg found the safehouse list at a crash site that sent Dick Meadows fleeing his escape from iran. all the safehouses were taken out inside of two days.
    sic semper tyrannis

Thread Information