User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Notifications

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation First Class
    Overall activity: 94.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daily Bread View Post
    My notifications won't let me open them and brings me to a refresh page that doesnt refresh . I can't clear it out .
    Go to settings and delete your cookies, browsing history, etc. Each browser is a little different , but in effect , just clear the cache.
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassOverdriveVeteran
    Overall activity: 45.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    When I click it, it works.

Start with a clean up.
    Defrag
    CC Cleaner
    Malware bytes
    SuperAntiSpyWare

All have free versions.

Then restart.

Let me know.
    Thanks I went into applications and hit a couple buttons and it cleared it off . I'm not comfortable on how I did it but it worked . The notifications all disappeared and it looks like when I'm posting this that the spelling problems I was having with it cleared up too .
    You guys should be MDs .
    Last edited by Daily Bread; 11-13-2019 at 09:22 PM.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassOverdriveVeteran
    Overall activity: 45.0%

Thanks
    When I left this thread the notifications showed 9 - when I clicked it ,it showed all the thanks !
    If you had something to do with that @Trinnity I thank you .

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Thanks I went into applications and hit a couple buttons and it cleared it off . I'm not comfortable on how I did it but it worked . The notifications all disappeared and it looks like when I'm posting this that the spelling problems I was having with it cleared up too .
    You guys should be MDs .
    You can call me Dr. Mom.

When I left this thread the notifications showed 9 - when I clicked it ,it showed all the thanks !
    If you had something to do with that @Trinnity I thank you .
    Any time.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (11-14-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class3 months registered
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    You get notifications in PM or email?
    Not those. Speaking of opening the forum.
    “Appearances to the mind are of four kinds. Things either are what they appear to be; or they neither are, nor appear to be; or they are, and do not appear to be; or they are not, and yet appear to be. Rightly to aim in all these cases is the wise man's task.” Epictetus

Democrats in congress are like having the Fox construct the hen house then installing the security system.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkTheSlayer View Post
    Robert is correct. In all the years I've been here , I've had to use his method.

If I have ten notifications and load them . They all show.
    When I view one, the notification tab will be clear of the other 9 notifications on that page or any future page. If I return to home page after viewing just one the notification box will be clear.

I click on the note box. View the thanks, etc. Than hit the back arrow to return to the remaining notifications. I view each one that way.

I have to this this with all versions of vbulletin.
    That is the problem I described. Click any on the list to read; bingo ... can't read the rest until hitting the left arrow, calls up the original list, rinse repeat and wash.

Just read one and then move to the rest of the forum and the notifications vanish. Notifications tell me some poster looked at my post, read it and perhaps replied to it.

Notifications at upper right and follow Welcome- Name- then notifications.
    “Appearances to the mind are of four kinds. Things either are what they appear to be; or they neither are, nor appear to be; or they are, and do not appear to be; or they are not, and yet appear to be. Rightly to aim in all these cases is the wise man's task.” Epictetus

Democrats in congress are like having the Fox construct the hen house then installing the security system.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkTheSlayer View Post
    You can reply but after you reply, your back arrow should take you back into the note list. You may have to back arrow twice or until you return to the note page.
    I said that is what I do. This time for example, I came back, saw 0 notifications showing. Yet I looked for my OP and found it. Then I see I did get replies. Anyway, sounds like nobody understands how to fix it. And clearing cache deletes all of your passwords. I don't like that since it is easy for me to use my bank account and Amazon and let their system notice my name and password for me. I also set up my e mail for instant notices in the event somebody hacks those accounts. So far, no hacks. I have my system highly protected though.

VIP - vi et animo V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registered
    Overall activity: 87.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I said that is what I do. This time for example, I came back, saw 0 notifications showing. Yet I looked for my OP and found it. Then I see I did get replies. Anyway, sounds like nobody understands how to fix it. And clearing cache deletes all of your passwords. I don't like that since it is easy for me to use my bank account and Amazon and let their system notice my name and password for me. I also set up my e mail for instant notices in the event somebody hacks those accounts. So far, no hacks. I have my system highly protected though.
    I noticed when i clicked on "notifications" on top right & read one & refreshed the page it didn't show the remaining notices. I thought i was making a mistake or it's how VB does it. The workaround i found is to hit "settings" on the top right & scroll down.

Regarding your PW's being deleted when clearing the cache, it seems you use your browser to accomplish this?

If so i know a way to avoid this if you want.

A politician thinks of the next election. A statesman, of the next generation.- James Freeman Clarke

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fortis View Post
    I noticed when i clicked on "notifications" on top right & read one & refreshed the page it didn't show the remaining notices. I thought i was making a mistake or it's how VB does it. The workaround i found is to hit "settings" on the top right & scroll down.

Regarding your PW's being deleted when clearing the cache, it seems you use your browser to accomplish this?

If so i know a way to avoid this if you want.
    I am all eyes. BTW, there were 0 notifications today and I stumbled over this after hitting settings.

VIP - vi et animo V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registered
    Overall activity: 87.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I am all eyes. BTW, there were 0 notifications today and I stumbled over this after hitting settings.
    I always use ccleaner before shutting down, if you do install this watch for boxes that are checked. If you leave them checked they will install the programs. I install the free version....https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner

ccleaner will delete passwords when used. In the left pane click custom clean>windows tab>uncheck saved passwords. Do the same for the applications tab.

There are many features cleaner has.

A politician thinks of the next election. A statesman, of the next generation.- James Freeman Clarke

Thread Information