User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trustworthy because of the Purple Heart?

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 34.0%

Thanks

Trustworthy because of the Purple Heart?

Not to demean our Nation's heroes. Those that have put their asses on the line for this Nation.

However, the media proclaiming that one "witness" against President Trump deserves to be believed because he was awarded the Purple Heart is problematic for me.

I knew a winner of the Purple Heart, a Vietnam veteran, who was not an honorable person. He would cheat people in business and drank a little too much.

I also encountered a person who, now deceased, won the Congressional Medal of Honor for his service in Korea. Would I regard him as more prone to honesty or more adverse to lying than the average person? No. He reacted to the circumstances of the moment and years after his death received that medal.
    Last edited by DLLS; 11-08-2019 at 08:58 AM.
    Regarding my avatar: I am the one on your left as you view it

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DLLS For This Useful Post:

Dr. Felix Birdbiter (11-08-2019),HAMARTIA (11-08-2019),jirqoadai (11-08-2019),JMWinPR (11-08-2019),RMNIXON (11-08-2019)

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registered
    Overall activity: 50.0%

Thanks
    at Chickamagua, near the schoolhouse, there was this TEXAN, who was caught hugging a large tree, waving his arms straight out and flapping them like a bird. non com: what the blazes are you doing Tom?
    Private: just searching for a forlough.
    sic semper tyrannis

Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class3 months registered
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Thanks
    John F'N Kerry has 3 Purple Hearts.

Just sayin...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to markdido For This Useful Post:

RMNIXON (11-08-2019)

V.I.P V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 29.0%

Thanks
    there was this TEXAN, who was caught hugging a large tree, waving his arms straight out and flapping them like a bird

Did he have 4 arms?

As for the purple heart comment. You get a purple heart for being wounded, not for being honest, nice or anything else. I knew a guy who got a purple heart for running away from the enemy. No, he wasn't a coward, he just didn't have a gun & they did & he got shot. I also knew someone that got 2 of them. One was for being wounded while in action from the enemy. The other was for being shot while in a stretcher being carried off the battle field. You get a PH for giving blood in defense of your country, that's the only reason.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Tex For This Useful Post:

jirqoadai (11-08-2019)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DLLS View Post
    Not to demean our Nation's heroes. Those that have put their asses on the line for this Nation.

However, the media proclaiming that one "witness" against President Trump deserves to be believed because he was awarded the Purple Heart is problematic for me.

I knew a winner of the Purple Heart, a Vietnam veteran, who was not an honorable person. He would cheat people in business and drank a little too much.

I also encountered a person who, now deceased, won the Congressional Medal of Honor for his service in Korea. Would I regard him as more prone to honesty or more adverse to lying than the average person? No. He reacted to the circumstances of the moment and years after his death received that medal.
    A purple heart just means you were wounded, it has nothing to do with character, bravery or, honesty.

They gave Obama a frickin Nobel prize....... does that make him an honest man?
    ~~~ if you find yourself going through hell..... keep going~~~ Winston Churchill

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 34.0%

Thanks
    Receiving a Purple Heart does not automatically instill honor and integrity, nor does it make you a hero. You are awarded a Purple Heart for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. It doesn't even mean you put yourself in harms way. Any wound that draws blood qualifies you for the medal. Commanding Officers like to put personal up for any award, especially officers, because that implies their command was inspiring and a LT getting a fingertip sliced off reflex on them.

I also think the term "hero" is vastly overused and has become meaningless. Not everyone who has put on a uniform is a "hero", a patriot yes, but not automatically a hero.
    "You can get a lot further with a kind word and a gun
    Then you can get with just a kind word"

"Al Capone"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Felix Birdbiter For This Useful Post:

RMNIXON (11-08-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Tex View Post
    there was this TEXAN, who was caught hugging a large tree, waving his arms straight out and flapping them like a bird

Did he have 4 arms?

As for the purple heart comment. You get a purple heart for being wounded, not for being honest, nice or anything else. I knew a guy who got a purple heart for running away from the enemy. No, he wasn't a coward, he just didn't have a gun & they did & he got shot. I also knew someone that got 2 of them. One was for being wounded while in action from the enemy. The other was for being shot while in a stretcher being carried off the battle field. You get a PH for giving blood in defense of your country, that's the only reason.
    i will see if i can get his name or unit number for you
    sic semper tyrannis

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 26.0%

Thanks
    Being In The US Military is a tool of the Far Left & Left

Thanks
    it was Tom. " What in the dickens are you doing Tom? " Just feeling for a furlough. " 4TH TX Aunt Polly's Brigade.
    sic semper tyrannis

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 88.0%

Thanks
    One doesn't "win" a medal. One earns it.

There is no such thing as the Congressional Medal of Honor. It is called The Medal of Honor.

Although I personally place more weight on The Medal of Honor, neither medal is assurance of a person's integrity in all things.
    This message has been hidden because CNN is on your ignore list.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

Thread Information