User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Papers, Please: Government Creates Internal Passports Effective No Later Than Oct

Alumni Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 29.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    A passport comes in handy.
    We fly and cruise often. Our passports work fine all around. Quick thru security on domestic flights, quick thru customs returning from a cruise.

Forgot my passport once flying in and out of Cleveland. Flying out, decided to use my Federal Department of Veterans Affairs, Military Veteran photo ID. Showed it to the female dindonuffin entering security, she said, "You doan gots a reggur ids? Used my out of state DL, SHE HAPPY.
    #BlackLIESMatter---Martin Luther King Jr. was a REPUBLICAN!

The Democratic Party. The party of the STUPIDS, for the STUPIDS, by the STUPIDS.

جعل أمريكا كبيره مره أخرى
    I VOTED FOR THE PRESIDENT!

Political Correctness is HATE SPEECH!

THE GREATEST DANGER TO THE USA IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dan40 For This Useful Post:

APACHERAT (11-08-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    Thread: Papers, Please: Government Creates Internal Passports Effective No Later Than Oct

This thing will be reversed after the government experiences all the unintended consequences of the law. I rather like the idea that I will be banned from entering federal government offices.

Alumni Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 29.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    Thread: “Papers, Please”: Government Creates Internal Passports – Effective No Later Than Oct

This thing will be reversed after the government experiences all the unintended consequences of the law. I rather like the idea that I will be banned from entering federal government offices.
    You have to show ID and pass thru a metal detector to enter a local courthouse. NOW!

Will this required national ID be required to VOTE?

Might be another unintended consequence biting Demorats in the ass.

Last edited by Dan40; 11-07-2019 at 07:06 PM.
    #BlackLIESMatter---Martin Luther King Jr. was a REPUBLICAN!

The Democratic Party. The party of the STUPIDS, for the STUPIDS, by the STUPIDS.

جعل أمريكا كبيره مره أخرى
    I VOTED FOR THE PRESIDENT!

Political Correctness is HATE SPEECH!

THE GREATEST DANGER TO THE USA IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 17.0%

Thanks
    It seems like each of these new laws sets a precedent for the next law, in the future.

Once a new law has been around for a while, it sets a "new normal". And then people say "If we already have to do this, why not this?"

It is ultimately a very slippery slope.

There was a time when Americans did not need to show any ID to travel by plane, and did not have to pass through a metal detector or be searched. (Passports were only for international travel, and most Americans didn't even bother to have a passport because most people never had a reason to leave the country)

There was a time when people could enter a courthouse without needing to show ID.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 52.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    I know DCDirtylaundry won't get it but there are times that someone's identity needs to be established. I don't object to showing a passport entering the U.S. I wouldn't object to showing ID to enter a courthouse, jail, or prison. I think we should have to show an ID to vote and a student ID from on online college doesn't count.

What I object to is the Bureaucrats and federal politicians wanting everything run from the swamp. Education, welfare, appropriate ID, and every other imaginable control has to be, according to the swamp creatures, under their total and absolute control.

Thread Information