User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sara Dorvilier, CBS Miami Reporter, Dies at 28

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Overall activity: 30.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Felix Birdbiter View Post
    I just looked up average age and see where while most is age 50 or later the number of women with breast cancer under the age of forty is increasing. Wonder why?
    My guess would we our synthetic world made of chemicals. But that is purely a guess.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (11-10-2019),Molly Pitcher (11-10-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    My guess would we our synthetic world made of chemicals. But that is purely a guess.

My sister died of breast, bone and brain cancer at the age of 44. She was a very heavy smoker and really didn't watch her diet at all. My mother died of a stoke at the age of 61, she also was a heavy smoker and had high blood pressure but wouldn't take her medication. My father died at the age of 63 of emphysema. He too was a heavy smoker and also for the last 10 years of his life worked in a West Virginia coal mine.

Perhaps this women was a heavy smoker as well or was in an environment around a lot of smokers.
    "You can get a lot further with a kind word and a gun
    Then you can get with just a kind word"

"Al Capone"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Felix Birdbiter For This Useful Post:

Molly Pitcher (11-10-2019)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive1 year registered
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Overall activity: 72.0%

Thanks
    My sister died of breast, bone and brain cancer at the age of 44. She was a very heavy smoker and really didn't watch her diet at all. My mother died of a stoke at the age of 61, she also was a heavy smoker and had high blood pressure but wouldn't take her medication. My father died at the age of 63 of emphysema. He too was a heavy smoker and also for the last 10 years of his life worked in a West Virginia coal mine.

Perhaps this women was a heavy smoker as well or was in an environment around a lot of smokers.

Sometimes there is NO understanding why some get cancer and some don't. A friend of mine, who is now 84. has been a HEAVY smoker since she was a teenager, and never had cancer. She's a retired nurse on top of that, and ought to know better. I've lived a relatively healthy lifestyle, just slightly overweight in the past 15 years, never smoked, my parents never smoked, a rare drinker, etc. And this year had a bi-lateral masectomy. Cancer in one breast was due to too much estrogen for my age, and the other was ductile. Chemo was a nightmare. The doctors said they'd never seen a patient who's body had such a violent reaction to the chemo. I was on numerous drugs for stop the vomiting and diahhrea, and had to go to the ER every 2 to 3 days for IV fluids because I was constantly dehydrated. There's no explanation for it. I now see those commercials for St Jude's and Shriners, and I can't imagine children going through the hell I went through this year, or being a parent and seeing my child go through it.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Overall activity: 30.0%

Thanks

Maybe, but the smoking/breast cancer link is one of the few that is iffy.

Thread Information