User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Why doesnt Walgreens build a LOUNGE onside the Pharmacy

  1. #1
    Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 70.0%

    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    19,407
    Thanks
    7,024
    Thanked: 6,617
    Rep Power
    21474862

    Why doesnt Walgreens build a LOUNGE onside the Pharmacy

    I was supposed to be ready yesteday at 3:30 and Called "again" to MAKE SURE..

    Ready means here "Pay" and go in my book..

    Uh we got it can FILL IT sit and WAIT.

    No Ive stood in Line for 20 minutes and ya got half the freaking TOWN here .

    Your few minutes means "atleast" half an hour.

    Furthermore called "yesterday" HERE..

    Called back earlier to double check make sure..

    Oh we aint Filled It yet..

    Okay "READY" means in here ya go lets pay and bye..

    They need to separate the Pharmacy from store with a bar and grill..

    "Ready" implies its there not stand in line with every bozo in town then have a seat and wait somemore..

    Maybe 2morrow theyll have theyre shit 2ghether..
    ..

  2. #2
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 24.0%

    Dr. Felix Birdbiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Around other people
    Posts
    25,912
    Thanks
    7,725
    Thanked: 25,845
    Rep Power
    21474867
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    I was supposed to be ready yesteday at 3:30 and Called "again" to MAKE SURE..

    Ready means here "Pay" and go in my book..

    Uh we got it can FILL IT sit and WAIT.

    No Ive stood in Line for 20 minutes and ya got half the freaking TOWN here .

    Your few minutes means "atleast" half an hour.

    Furthermore called "yesterday" HERE..

    Called back earlier to double check make sure..

    Oh we aint Filled It yet..

    Okay "READY" means in here ya go lets pay and bye..

    They need to separate the Pharmacy from store with a bar and grill..

    "Ready" implies its there not stand in line with every bozo in town then have a seat and wait somemore..

    Maybe 2morrow theyll have theyre shit 2ghether..

    Don't pick on Walgreen Karl. All of these "pharmacies" are the same. When the independent pharmacy gave way to the big box store service went with it. My wife has gone through CVS, Walgreen and Publix, all the same. Come back in 30 minutes. Nope, come back tomorrow, not yet, come back this afternoon. Sometimes, since we no longer turn in a prescription but its phoned in by the doctor the doctor doesn't get around to calling it it for a couple of days.

    I get my meds through the VA. I know it will be at least 10 days to fill a prescription unless its a new one I get from the clinic that day. They just get mailed to me.

    Just think of what will happen when Elizabeth Warren's Medicare for All goes into effect.
    Last edited by Dr. Felix Birdbiter; 10-31-2019 at 04:49 PM.
    "You can get a lot further with a kind word and a gun
    Then you can get with just a kind word"

    "Al Capone"

  3. #3
    Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 40.0%

    Morning Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    18,949
    Thanks
    6,031
    Thanked: 21,831
    Rep Power
    21474857
    I don't see what the wait is all about. All they have to do is open a big jar and pour a few pills into a smaller jar and hand it to you.

    If I had to guess a 15 second job turns into a half a days work when you consider the regulations and paperwork required by the state.

    ...... and it's not like all that regulation is saving any lives, over 70,000 died in 2017 from prescription opiates alone.

  4. #4
    Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation First Class
    Overall activity: 94.0%

    HawkTheSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Acadiana
    Posts
    36,741
    Thanks
    88,903
    Thanked: 53,632
    Rep Power
    21474877
    You dont have to go to the pharmacy. You can get your Viagra through the mail.
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

  5. #5
    Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 70.0%

    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    19,407
    Thanks
    7,024
    Thanked: 6,617
    Rep Power
    21474862
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Felix Birdbiter View Post
    Don't pick on Walgreen Karl. All of these "pharmacies" are the same. When the independent pharmacy gave way to the big box store service went with it. My wife has gone through CVS, Walgreen and Publix, all the same. Come back in 30 minutes. Nope, come back tomorrow, not yet, come back this afternoon. Sometimes, since we no longer turn in a prescription but its phoned in by the doctor the doctor doesn't get around to calling it it for a couple of days.

    I get my meds through the VA. I know it will be at least 10 days to fill a prescription unless its a new one I get from the clinic that day. They just get mailed to me.

    Just think of what will happen when Elizabeth Warren's Medicare for All goes into effect.

    I could go to CVS and half the freaking time that place is is a Ghost Town..

    The "Insurance" doesnt Cover says WAL-GREENS..

    Nonetheless was supposed to be "READY" 2go YESTERDAY..

    Called back 2 make sure still not "ready"

    Again Dr Felixbirdbiter "READY 2 GO" means ah here and PAY..

    Not stand inline 15 minutues to get 2 the counter and be told ah "sorry" we gotta FILL IT..

    Double Callback to "Make Sure" means it READY

    I aint got all freaking day..

    Maybe 2morrow theyll have theyre shit 2gheter
    Last edited by Karl; 10-31-2019 at 05:59 PM.
    ..

  6. #6
    V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 8.0%

    MedicineBow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    The Rockies
    Posts
    3,434
    Thanks
    4,170
    Thanked: 5,074
    Rep Power
    18723118
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Felix Birdbiter View Post
    Just think of what will happen when Elizabeth Warren's Medicare for All goes into effect.
    What......you don't need birth control pills shipped overnight?

    Imagine the mistakes that will happen if we have gov't employees shipping billions of medications out.


    They can't even get the mail delivered correctly a lot of times.
    Last edited by MedicineBow; 10-31-2019 at 06:03 PM.

  7. #7
    Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 70.0%

    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    19,407
    Thanks
    7,024
    Thanked: 6,617
    Rep Power
    21474862
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineBow View Post
    What......you don't need birth control pills shipped overnight?

    Imagine the mistakes that will happen if we have gov't employees shipping billions of medications out.


    They can't even get the mail delivered correctly a lot of times.

    How come a dopehouse in the ghetto run by abuncha moolyans its Cash $ Carry ..

    Bagged Up Ready 2 go..

    Cash heres your stuff Get Lost...

    I never sold enough dope to run a house 24/7

    I was Small Time but ya had to made an "appointment" and Id be there 30 minutes ready at the "spot" ..

    If ya wernt there with the Ca$h Im "gone" and screw ya ...
    Last edited by Karl; 10-31-2019 at 06:20 PM.
    ..

  8. #8
    V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 8.0%

    MedicineBow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    The Rockies
    Posts
    3,434
    Thanks
    4,170
    Thanked: 5,074
    Rep Power
    18723118
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    How come a dopehouse in the ghetto run by abuncha moolyans its Cash $ Carry ..

    Bagged Up Ready 2 go..

    Cash heres your stuff Get Lost...

    I never sold enough dope to run a house 24/7

    I was Small Time but ya had to made an "appointment" and Id be there 30 minutes ready at the "spot" ..

    If ya wernt there with the Ca$h Im "gone" and screw ya ...
    Karl's Cash-N-Carry Drug Store?

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to MedicineBow For This Useful Post:

    NORAD (11-01-2019)

  10. #9
    V.I.P V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 11.0%

    Old Tex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    12,326
    Thanks
    2,908
    Thanked: 15,045
    Rep Power
    21474851
    Just today I got a call from one of our local pharmacies. My dogs medications were ready. I went in, no line, they found the meds (15 seconds) & I paid. I was in & out in about 4 minutes. And the funny thing is that we used to do mail order for those drugs but changed when the mail order company dropped the ball. We paniced & found this place & they had them ready that day for $45 less than the mail order place.

  11. #10
    V.I.P V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 11.0%

    Old Tex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    12,326
    Thanks
    2,908
    Thanked: 15,045
    Rep Power
    21474851
    Not to change the post topic but I'll say this. I have always thought that a SMART women's clothing store would have a lounge inside where husbands & boyfriends could have a beer or 6 while waiting. I think that they would sell a hell of a lot more clothes because after a few the guys would be like Sure buy it!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •