User Tag List

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Proof of God!

Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registeredSocialTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 41.0%

Thanks
    Devil's advocate using science:

It could be a defect like the "gay gene".
    Orange man MAGA
    Orange man strong

VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry1 year registered
    Overall activity: 22.0%

Thanks
    Someone/something had to light the wick that started the big bang.

Senior Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry3 months registered
    Overall activity: 49.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by darroll View Post
    Someone/something had to light the wick that started the big bang.
    i think He did alot more than that. according to our fossils, He wiped out the earth with violent earth mantle movements having His flora and fauna crushed and burried, before He made Adam in His likeness.
    sic semper tyrannis

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jirqoadai For This Useful Post:

darroll (10-31-2019)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks
    god hitler.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Morning Star; 10-31-2019 at 04:31 PM.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 86.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkTheSlayer View Post
    @ kimo.
    Me too!

Smartest man alive does not know that "chemo" is short for chemotherapy and not "kimo"?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rickity Plumber For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (10-31-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 46.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by usfan View Post
    Human consensus
    Truth is not a democratic process. Truth is true, whether we believe it, know it, understand it, or not. But in the sphere of the human experience, a belief in a spiritual, metaphysical realm is a constant, across lines of time, region, culture, race, and religion. There may be different perceptions, as described by the old poem, 'The Blind Men and the Elephant,' but the reality of the Elephant is not in question.

For all of human history, there are too many instances of interaction with a spiritual dimension to dismiss. People from every time and region have testified to an encounter with 'something,' whether they defined it dogmatically or not.
    That's kind of interesting, in that it provides a differing perspective. The places that tally these kinds of things (if you or I were given to believe them)...put the total amount of humans who have lived on this planet, at over 100 billion.

How many of those people - from every time and region - do you think have testified to an encounter, that would have been recorded anywhere? Beyond that, given it would be beyond being historically recorded...which has to fall into a speculative assumption (one way or the other).

I don't think you could even take the current percentages of people on this planet, who have different levels of "belief" in deities, spirit worlds" etc into the equation, because the formative preceding millennia of religious societal interjections on all of those people...gives rise to the current crops of humans in our current recorded histories, and could distort, past historical humans.

Noting with the above, belief itself (or even a emphatic testimony of that belief)...should not be considered "an instance of interaction with a spiritual dimension." IMO anyways.

That being said, I also understand a conversion to Christianity is extremely powerful to that person.
    The Progressives have become full blown NAZIs, to thwart a Hitler that doesn't exist...since that is the only way they can express, and self justify, their fascism.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 28.0%

Thanks
    Defining anything is the first step in proving something, in regard to what it's about, and it cannot consist of inconsistencies or contradictions.

I think angst can be explained, and if you want to explore how I found an explanation, look into things like Hasan bin Sabah. Look into his methods of recruitment to create what were the original Assassins, Murder Incorporated. This involved actually tricking people into believing they had died, been to paradise, and returned. Now, what happens when these brainwashed individuals go around telling everyone - telling their friends, neighbors, families, people who they know, and people who know that they're serious & convinced of what they believed. Also, imagine this "belief" being passed onto their children (maybe via some sort of genetic "memory" or something to that effect, just like birds or spiders demonstrate with the nests they make & webs they weave in the same patterns) to produce what some have labeled the "God part of the brain". That, I think, is how angst may explain it pretty well.

Alumni Member and VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation First Class
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickity Plumber View Post
    Me too!

Smartest man alive does not know that "chemo" is short for chemotherapy and not "kimo"?
    I understood it perfectly. I guess I was laughing more at myself.
    You home, yet?
    Today we live. Tomorrow we die.
    "Evil is da Devil minus da D"

SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranOverdrive
    Overall activity: 44.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Ishmael View Post
    Devil's advocate using science:

It could be a defect like the "gay gene".
    ..or, just an oxymoron, like 'military intelligence', or 'rational liberal'..

Besides.. who is using any scientific methodology here? Not me.
    ..this is a purely logical exercise, to show the more likely scenario of living in a God made world, vs a godless universe.

Of course, reason never convinced anyone against their will, and i have no delusions of changing anyone's mind. ..progressive indoctrinees especially. Their minds are rusted shut, in complete subservience to the progressive agenda.

Science and facts are completely ineffectual with progressive indoctrinees.. but maybe humor and reason can get through. I doubt it, but it is fascinating conversing with them!
    I am used to men who mock and scorn things beyond their comprehension. ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832
    ..they have one thing: they stick together and they're vicious.. ~ Donald Trump, 11/1/19

SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranOverdrive
    Overall activity: 44.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianeye View Post
    That's kind of interesting, in that it provides a differing perspective. The places that tally these kinds of things (if you or I were given to believe them)...put the total amount of humans who have lived on this planet, at over 100 billion.

How many of those people - from every time and region - do you think have testified to an encounter, that would have been recorded anywhere? Beyond that, given it would be beyond being historically recorded...which has to fall into a speculative assumption (one way or the other).

I don't think you could even take the current percentages of people on this planet, who have different levels of "belief" in deities, spirit worlds" etc into the equation, because the formative preceding millennia of religious societal interjections on all of those people...gives rise to the current crops of humans in our current recorded histories, and could distort, past historical humans.

Noting with the above, belief itself (or even a emphatic testimony of that belief)...should not be considered "an instance of interaction with a spiritual dimension." IMO anyways.

That being said, I also understand a conversion to Christianity is extremely powerful to that person.
    I have no statistics, but i observe, that even in the communist cultures, where atheism was the mandated worldview, and theists subject to re-education and persecution, belief in a Supreme Being was still prevalent. Every major culture has acknowledged some kind of Divine, Spiritual Entity, or dimension, with a soul that lives on after death, and sometimes accountability for 'bad' actions.

The more successful cultures had clearly defined Deity(s), with moral standards, and acknowledged Him/them in their daily lives. The only historical atheistic cultures i know of were the communist ones of the last century, and they were short lived. It seems that indoctrinating people to believe in random chance and godlessness isn't as effective as indoctrinating them into a Deity based worldview.

That will spell the end for the current progressive Indoctrination, too.. imo. But like other collectivist fantasies and utopias, previous failures won't deter them.. 'We'll get it right, this time!'

So, along with the consensus of humanity as 'evidence' of a Supreme Being, i submit the efficacy and success of societies that acknowledge their Creator(s) as evidence that God is there.
    I am used to men who mock and scorn things beyond their comprehension. ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832
    ..they have one thing: they stick together and they're vicious.. ~ Donald Trump, 11/1/19

13. The Following User Says Thank You to usfan For This Useful Post:

Canadianeye (10-31-2019)

Thread Information