User Tag List

Thread: Lamorris was murdered

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 54.0%

Thanks

Lamorris was murdered

Shooting at Mt. Moriah business leaves suspected thief dead

POSTED 1:58 PM, OCTOBER 16, 2019, BY WREG STAFF AND LUKE JONES, UPDATED AT 10:18PM, OCTOBER 16, 2019

UPDATE: Charles Kalb has been charged with murder in the shooting death of of Lamorris Robinson as the suspected thief was fleeing. Kalb was an employee at a business next door.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. A man is dead after a shooting in front of a Fox Meadows business Wednesday, police said, and he was allegedly up to no good.

Memphis Police were at Extra Space Storage at 2625 Mt. Moriah just before 2 p.m. Police said one man was shot in front of the business and was taken to Regional One Hospital in critical condition.

The man was pronounced dead later at Regional One.

I thought maybe it was an accident until I seen the crime scene tape, a patron at the facility said.

Police say an employee at a business next door shot the man after he allegedly took a chainsaw from the business. The shooting did not involve the storage facility.

People trying to access their storage spaces were turned away by police as the scene was blocked off with crime scene tape much of Wednesday evening.

One man was detained on the scene at Mt. Moriah. Its not clear if the shooter will face any charges.

This is an ongoing investigation.

The lesson here is dont shoot anyone , no matter how deserving, in the back.
    The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time. JUSTICE GEORGE SUTHERLAND (1938)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big Dummy For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (10-19-2019),Rickity Plumber (10-19-2019)

V.I.P V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 29.0%

Thanks
    The lesson here is don’t shoot anyone , no matter how deserving, in the back.

Seems to me the lesson is: Shoot him in the back & then shoot him in the front. Tell the police you shot twice & the first shot spun him around. Oh & destroy the tape.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Tex For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (10-19-2019)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran

Thanks
    The lesson here is one, it's not legal in any jurisdiction to shoot someone to protect property. Not even the police can do that. Two, it's barely legal to protect one's life to say nothing of trying to protect property now that insurance has been invented. Three, that why we have third party insurance to pay for property theft so that we don't have to shoot someone.
    Last edited by Quark; 10-19-2019 at 05:57 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (10-19-2019)

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 26.0%

Thanks
    I need more details on this one. If a thug steals my chainsaw, and I can hear/see the chainsaw crank up and blow smoke, I'm all the sudden in fear of my life. I think there was a movie or two about guys with chainsaws, and they weren't pretty.

Now, if Lamorris (who names their kid Lamorris??) was just borrowin' the saw because he left the key to his storage locker at home, well, that's a different matter altogether.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dinosaur For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (10-19-2019)

Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    The lesson here is one, it's not legal in any jurisdiction to shoot someone to protect property. Not even the police can do that. Two, it's barely legal to protect one's life to say nothing of trying to protect property not that insurance has been invented. Three, that why we have third party insurance to pay for property theft so that we don't have to shoot someone.
    Texas Penal Code

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SneakySFDude For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (10-19-2019),Quark (10-19-2019)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran

Thanks
    Thanks for clearing that up. Apparently, one state out of fifty. Don't kill anybody in Montana for taking your property.

Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks
    Montana probably has something similar. Seems to be a regional thing. I don't know for sure though.

Thread Information