User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: The Return of usfan

  1. #1
    Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranOverdrive
    Overall activity: 22.0%

    usfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    12,915
    Thanks
    14,561
    Thanked: 9,068
    Rep Power
    21474855

    The Return of usfan

    Evidently, computers and software don't always work properly, and a false impression can be conveyed.

    I got locked out of my account, and assumed i was permabanned for something. I could not reset my password, or log in. I finally registered under another name, and pm'd @Trinnity, who promptly cleared things up.

    Anyway, after several months, i intend to post here, again... con su permiso..

    I have made several resolutions, that i hope to keep:

    1. Refrain from profanity. ..it is a lame substitute for eloquence
    2. Refrain from personal insults, even if provoked
    3. Enjoy the personal relationships i have here, and post more in those kinds of threads
    4. Aspire to topical and rational posts, in polemical topics
    5. Practice brevity
    6. Stop making annoying numbered lists
    7. Stop quoting old dead people

    I hope to bring humor, wit, intelligence, and eloquence to the forum, and will avoid hostile and hateful conversations.. though i cannot help it if i am attacked or falsely accused.

    I am restarting with a clean slate.. nobody is on ignore.. no hard feelings.. no past offenses remembered.

    Life is too short to waste on angry, disturbed people, and i will attempt to diffuse any hostility, and avoid flame wars.

    My passion is unchanged, and my convictions will be evident. But these are merely expressions of my opinion, and are not a threat to anyone's worldview.

    We should have a great fewer disputes in the world if words were taken for what they are, the signs of our ideas only, and not for things themselves. ~John Locke

  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to usfan For This Useful Post:

    Big Bird (10-09-2019),Canadianeye (10-09-2019),drifter106 (10-20-2019),HawkTheSlayer (10-09-2019),Old Ridge Runner (10-09-2019),Rutabaga (10-09-2019)

  3. #2
    Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.6%

    Trinnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    58,330
    Thanks
    8,119
    Thanked: 49,979
    Rep Power
    21474901
    I'm not sure what the problem was, but USFan is in good stead and always has been. I'm glad this is cleared up.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

    drifter106 (10-20-2019),Old Ridge Runner (10-09-2019),usfan (10-09-2019)

  5. #3
    Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.6%

    Trinnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    58,330
    Thanks
    8,119
    Thanked: 49,979
    Rep Power
    21474901
    Quote Originally Posted by usfan View Post
    1. Refrain from profanity. ..it is a lame substitute for eloquence
    2. Refrain from personal insults, even if provoked
    3. Enjoy the personal relationships i have here, and post more in those kinds of threads
    4. Aspire to topical and rational posts, in polemical topics
    5. Practice brevity
    6. Stop making annoying numbered lists
    7. Stop quoting old dead people
    That gave me a chuckle !!! Well done !!

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

    MedicineBow (10-09-2019),Old Ridge Runner (10-09-2019),usfan (10-09-2019)

  7. #4
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::: Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

    NuYawka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    7,855
    Thanks
    10,413
    Thanked: 5,631
    Rep Power
    21474849
    Quote Originally Posted by usfan View Post
    Evidently, computers and software don't always work properly, and a false impression can be conveyed.

    I got locked out of my account, and assumed i was permabanned for something. I could not reset my password, or log in. I finally registered under another name, and pm'd @Trinnity, who promptly cleared things up.

    Anyway, after several months, i intend to post here, again... con su permiso..

    I have made several resolutions, that i hope to keep:

    1. Refrain from profanity. ..it is a lame substitute for eloquence
    2. Refrain from personal insults, even if provoked
    3. Enjoy the personal relationships i have here, and post more in those kinds of threads
    4. Aspire to topical and rational posts, in polemical topics
    5. Practice brevity
    6. Stop making annoying numbered lists
    7. Stop quoting old dead people

    I hope to bring humor, wit, intelligence, and eloquence to the forum, and will avoid hostile and hateful conversations.. though i cannot help it if i am attacked or falsely accused.

    I am restarting with a clean slate.. nobody is on ignore.. no hard feelings.. no past offenses remembered.

    Life is too short to waste on angry, disturbed people, and i will attempt to diffuse any hostility, and avoid flame wars.

    My passion is unchanged, and my convictions will be evident. But these are merely expressions of my opinion, and are not a threat to anyone's worldview.

    We should have a great fewer disputes in the world if words were taken for what they are, the signs of our ideas only, and not for things themselves. ~John Locke
    I think the last eight times you posted an "I'm Baaaack" thread to counter your numerous "I'm Outta Here" threads, I responded with a merry-go-round gif.

    This time, I can't be bothered to do it yet again.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to NuYawka For This Useful Post:

    usfan (10-09-2019)

  9. #5
    Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 65.0%

    Canadianeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15,435
    Thanks
    15,318
    Thanked: 16,833
    Rep Power
    21474858
    I've made it a point over the years, to read just about everything you put out. Long, short, critical, joking, angry, humourous - because I enjoyed it, whether I disagree or agree with whatever the topic was.

    The reason being, is that the man behind his keyboard is decent, caring, motivated and passionate person...as shown by his words across my screen.

    Welcome back. (and that's for leaving)
    The Progressives have become full blown NAZIs, to thwart a Hitler that doesn't exist...since that is the only way they can express, and self justify, their fascism.

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Canadianeye For This Useful Post:

    drifter106 (10-20-2019),HawkTheSlayer (10-09-2019),Old Ridge Runner (10-09-2019),usfan (10-09-2019)

  11. #6
    Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranOverdrive
    Overall activity: 22.0%

    usfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    12,915
    Thanks
    14,561
    Thanked: 9,068
    Rep Power
    21474855
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    I'm not sure what the problem was, but USFan is in good stead and always has been. I'm glad this is cleared up.
    It was very bizarre. I knew i had caused some trouble, but i was surprised to find myself locked out, and seemingly banned. I'm glad it was just a computer error.

    I think very highly of this forum, and have been inspired by the members here to post provocative & controversial topics. I hope to continue, if this is desired.. with much more restraint on my end, of course.

    Several subjects have been percolating over the last year, but i consider most other forums unworthy of such thoughtful consideration.

    The members here, otoh, are a wonderful mix of conservatives, libertarians, old fogies, and only a handful of progressive indoctrinees to rage against anything contrary to their Indoctrination.

    I am happy to renew my acquaintance with many of the older members.. and i hope for inspiring and satisfying discussion.
    I am used to men who mock and scorn things beyond their comprehension. ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to usfan For This Useful Post:

    Brat (10-09-2019),Old Ridge Runner (10-09-2019)

  13. #7
    Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranOverdrive
    Overall activity: 22.0%

    usfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    12,915
    Thanks
    14,561
    Thanked: 9,068
    Rep Power
    21474855
    Quote Originally Posted by NuYawka View Post
    I think the last eight times you posted an "I'm Baaaack" thread to counter your numerous "I'm Outta Here" threads, I responded with a merry-go-round gif.

    This time, I can't be bothered to do it yet again.
    Yes, i missed you as well. good to see you again, & i look forward to intelligent discussion.
    I am used to men who mock and scorn things beyond their comprehension. ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to usfan For This Useful Post:

    NuYawka (10-09-2019)

  15. #8
    Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.6%

    Trinnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    58,330
    Thanks
    8,119
    Thanked: 49,979
    Rep Power
    21474901
    Quote Originally Posted by usfan View Post
    It was very bizarre. I knew i had caused some trouble, but i was surprised to find myself locked out, and seemingly banned. I'm glad it was just a computer error.
    You weren't locked out. Not sure what the problem was, but you weren't "messed with" in any way. I don't have a problem with you, so I can't be sure what the problem was, but it was likely a computer problem on your end. I'm glad to help anytime, if I can.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

    usfan (10-09-2019)

  17. #9
    Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranOverdrive
    Overall activity: 22.0%

    usfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    12,915
    Thanks
    14,561
    Thanked: 9,068
    Rep Power
    21474855
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianeye View Post
    I've made it a point over the years, to read just about everything you put out. Long, short, critical, joking, angry, humourous - because I enjoyed it, whether I disagree or agree with whatever the topic was.

    The reason being, is that the man behind his keyboard is decent, caring, motivated and passionate person...as shown by his words across my screen.

    Welcome back. (and that's for leaving)

    ..thanks for the warm welcome back. I will endeavor to meet the challenge of thought provoking and entertaining discussion.

    ..you well know the respect and esteem i have for you and your thoughts.. they have encouraged and inspired me more than you can know..

    I grieved much over your extended absence, and was thrilled to see you return, some years back. I hope to renew our warm but distant relationship.

    I will show more restraint over personal attacks, but will take no prisoners when it comes to defending the ideology that inspires me.

    ..sure hope that is ok..
    I am used to men who mock and scorn things beyond their comprehension. ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to usfan For This Useful Post:

    Canadianeye (10-20-2019)

  19. #10
    Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranOverdrive
    Overall activity: 22.0%

    usfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    12,915
    Thanks
    14,561
    Thanked: 9,068
    Rep Power
    21474855
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    You weren't locked out. Not sure what the problem was, but you weren't "messed with" in any way. I don't have a problem with you, so I can't be sure what the problem was, but it was likely a computer problem on your end. I'm glad to help anytime, if I can.
    ..probably happened when my vip status was revoked.. no worries.. i deserved it, I'm sure.
    I am used to men who mock and scorn things beyond their comprehension. ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •